Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

2022 Women’s College World Series Schedule

Sunday, June 5, 2022

UCLA 8
    Florida 0

Texas 5
    Arizona 2

Blog Entries

Monday, June 6, 2022

Game 11: 11 a.m. | Oklahoma vs. UCLA | ESPN
    Game 12 (if necessary): 1:30 p.m

Game 13: 6 p.m. | Oklahoma State vs. Texas| ESPN
    Game 14 (if necessary): 8:30 p.m.

CST

Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Do you think a bedlam final would be best outcome?

Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Good stuff, Laramie! Thanks for the updates. I hope you’re doing well.

UCLA is up by 1 but it is the end of the 1st

6. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Do you think a bedlam final would be best outcome?
    Depends on your definition of "best." If you mean from an excitement level, possibly yes. If you mean from a talent level, debatable. If you mean from an economic impact and visitor impact level, a Bedlam matchup is the least appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Depends on your definition of "best." If you mean from an excitement level, possibly yes. If you mean from a talent level, debatable. If you mean from an economic impact and visitor impact level, a Bedlam matchup is the least appealing.
    This was the answer I was looking for, thank you.

bases loaded

9. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    This was the answer I was looking for, thank you.
    Happy to help!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good stuff, Laramie! Thanks for the updates. I hope you’re doing well.
    Thanks Pllutonic Panda, if I were doing any better, I couldn't stand it.

Blog Entries

Monday, June 6, 2022

UCLA 7
    Oklahoma 3

Oklahoma 15
    UCLA 0

Oklahoma advances to the championship series

Blog Entries

Monday, June 6, 2022

Texas 5
    Oklahoma State 0

Oklahoma State 5
    Texas 6

Texas advances to the championship series

As Urbanized said, it's best economically for OKC to have Texas and all of their fans in OKC for a few more days even if a Bedlam matchup would have been a lot of fun.

Blog Entries

2022 Women's College World Series Finals

Texas vs Oklahoma

Game 1: 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 8
    Game 2: 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 9
    Game 3: 7:30 p.m. (if necessary), on Friday, June 10

CST

15. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Monday, June 6, 2022

Texas 5
    Oklahoma State 0

Oklahoma State 5
    Texas 6

Texas advances to the championship series

I didn't watch but that 3 error fiasco that gave Texas the win must have been devastating for OSU fans to watch. I hurt for them hearing the call on the radio this morning. And I'm by far not an OSU fan. A Bedlam Final would have been fantastic!

Texas/Oklahoma, Sat, ABC: 1.25M
    UCLA/Florida, Sun, ABC: 1.06M
    Arizona/Texas, Sun, ESPN2: 1.03M

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...-6-5-2022.html These are really good numbers. Same as Espn Sunday Night Baseball Cubs/Cardinals

I truly hope OU recognizes that Texas can beat them. Overconfidence or sloppy play could lead to what arguably would be a historic loss

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    I truly hope OU recognizes that Texas can beat them. Overconfidence or sloppy play could lead to what arguably would be a historic loss
    Texas already beat them once

OU lost once to texas, ucla and OK state

19. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Texas already beat them once

OU lost once to texas, ucla and OK state
    Hopefully nobody beats OU twice!! I think, and hope, that UCLA pushing the Sooners to an elimination game lit a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Hopefully nobody beats OU twice!! I think, and hope, that UCLA pushing the Sooners to an elimination game lit a fire.
    That was crazy, OU went scorched earth on UCLA that second game

21. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    That was crazy, OU went scorched earth on UCLA that second game
    Pure speculation on my part but I bet Patty read them the "Riot Act" between games. They were a different team in game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Always Mr. Sunshine.

23. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Always Mr. Sunshine.
    Where is that like button!!!!! I love that comment.
    To answer dcsooner:
    In OU's 3 losses they never looked sloppy or overconfident. Mostly they faced pitchers that had OUs number and made our batters swing at pitches they shouldn't have. We've already faced and dealt with all of Texas's pitchers so we won't face anything unexpected.

Where is that like button!!!!! I love that comment.
    To answer dcsooner:
    In OU's 3 losses they never looked sloppy or overconfident. Mostly they faced pitchers that had OUs number and made our batters swing at pitches they shouldn't have. We've already faced and dealt with all of Texas's pitchers so we won't face anything unexpected.
    OU will be just fine

Pure speculation on my part but I bet Patty read them the "Riot Act" between games. They were a different team in game 2.
    I doubt that happened because that's not Gasso's style, nor is it usually a successful tactic. I think Game 1 was merely one of those bad games every team is bound to have, and OU has had so few of them this season, they were "due." You could tell by the looks on their faces, they felt a bit off and weren't quite able to click with their game plan. Alo and Jennings were swinging at pitches they'd rarely swing at. Also, keep in mind many of them are suffering from injuries and are pushing through them. But you're right, they looked completely different in Game 2--they looked like they have all season: completely dominant.

I hope everyone is getting a chance to watch because what these ladies are doing is absolutely incredible. Their Game 2 win is probably one of the most impressive athletic displays I've seen in college sports (nothing could stop them) and Jocelyn Alo is probably one of the best athletes in OU history. It's great to see.

Thread Information