Widgets Magazine

Thread: Local non-alcoholic beers?

Default Local non-alcoholic beers?

Is anyone aware of any of the local breweries producing decent non-alcoholic beer?

I like the taste of cold beer but have grown to dislike how alcohol makes me feel.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: Local non-alcoholic beers?

I think we are very behind our European counterparts for NA beer. I have been through several ones while my wife was pregnant and I have not been too lucky. No local one one for sure.
    It seems to get better with the Heineken NA and St Pauli Na. I like the O douls amber at the time and a miller version of it.

^

Thanks for the response.

I'd really like to go to a local taproom and have a NA option but from everything I've seen, I'm out of luck.

Local craft breweries in Colorado are beginning this, although at a pretty slow pace. I would imagine it will not be long of a wait for some places in OKC to pick up on it.

I've heard that Stonecloud may be doing one soon. They make an excellent soft seltzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Thanks for the response.

I'd really like to go to a local taproom and have a NA option but from everything I've seen, I'm out of luck.
    Not local, but best I've found is Athletic brewing. Their cerveza is really good and some of the one off IPA's they put out are good too. Perfect yesterday after 3 hours of yardwork.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    Not local, but best I've found is Athletic brewing. Their cerveza is really good and some of the one off IPA's they put out are good too. Perfect yesterday after 3 hours of yardwork.
    I've heard good things about them.

Where do you buy it?

Prairie sells cans of Athletic in their taproom

You can also order packs of Athletic Beers directly from their website and have it shipped to you since it is non-alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've heard good things about them.

Where do you buy it?
    I've seen it in stores, but I've been ordering online. Free shipping with 2 six packs.

11. Default Re: Local non-alcoholic beers?

I guess I need to keep an eye on this thread. I have a bad feeling that very soon my Dr or one she ends up referring me to will be telling me I need to cut out alcohol.

Thread Information