Widgets Magazine

Thread: Valero/McDonald's 39th & Portland

Northwest OKC Valero/McDonald's 39th & Portland

I didn't know if it would fit here or in the restaurant category. The combination of Valero gas station and McDonald's has removed the gas station portion. Valero signs are gone as are the gas pumps. I assume it's due to the monster On-Cue practically nest door. I have no idea regarding other Valero locations.

Default Re: Valero/McDonald's 39th & Portland

It is an old enough location that I would not be surprised if it the tanks were coming due for replacement. Which just having a massive new competitor next door could easily change if doing so would be worth it. Plus that lot looks barely large enough for a modern McDonalds.

The same for the one on 39th & mccarthur

The 39th & Portland site is owned by McDonald's.

No building permits yet but perhaps they will build a dedicated Mickey D's.

Same in West Edmond. The McDonald's/Valero double store at 15th and Santa Fe, across from Crest, is now just a McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The 39th & Portland site is owned by McDonald's.

No building permits yet but perhaps they will build a dedicated Mickey D's.
    I thought the 39th and Portland and 39th and MacArthur McDonald's were owned by the same person. Santiago possibly? I know I've seen the same Hispanic name on both of them with a number to call for comments. I frequent both and you will see the same person working the first window at the drive thru at both occasionally, an older gentleman. The gas pumps at both were removed around the same time and later fences surrounding them went up about the same time.

I've noticed, in general, that McDonald's is moving away from the combination gas station/McDonald's and the Wal-Mart/McDonald's. I also find that the architecture and exterior paint color of the new build McDonald's to be dull and drab.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I also find that the architecture and exterior paint color of the new build McDonald's to be dull and drab.

Why All Fast Food Chains Look The Same Today:

https://cheddar.com/media/why-all-fa...the-same-today

9. Default Re: Valero/McDonald's 39th & Portland

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    I didn't know if it would fit here or in the restaurant category. The combination of Valero gas station and McDonald's has removed the gas station portion. Valero signs are gone as are the gas pumps. I assume it's due to the monster On-Cue practically nest door. I have no idea regarding other Valero locations.
    That Valero wasn't in the same universe as OnQue. It was pretty much a dump. I would have been amazed if it had been able to survive.

All these locations were Flash Marts. All had closed months ago and they only sold 87 octane and diesel. They finally had their gas pumps removed. 240 and Sooner and NE 10th and I-35 are also just McDonald’s now. The staff at 240 and Sooner said they would be remodeling soon.

Thread Information