Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rodizio Grill

Bricktown3 Rodizio Grill

Rodizio Grill, a Brazilian steakhouse chain based in Utah, is planning a location at 217 E. Sheridan.

The structure was built in 1901 and was most recently used for office and warehouse space. It is directly east of The Mantel and the property includes a large surface lot between the two buildings.

Rodizio has 22 locations across the U.S. from Arizona to Florida. The building permit is for a whopping $2.8 million, which does not include furniture, fixture and equipment.

They claim to be the first Brazilian steakhouse chain in the U.S., started in 1995 by its founder who is from Sao Paulo.

https://www.rodiziogrill.com/

2. Default Re: Rodizio Grill

The owner/operator is a successful and long-established one with another longstanding operation in Bricktown. This is a big win. Took quite a while to put together.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Rodizio Grill

Better check on PluPan. He’s been after a Brazilian steakhouse for a while. 😆

I've eaten at Rodizio a few times and really enjoy it. The grilled pineapple and the chicken hearts are really really good.

I am curious if the correct pronunciation of the grill is "Hodizio". Just like Royce Gracie is pronounced "Hoyce Gracie".

Really glad to see another restaurant going back into Bricktown. This concept has a lot of potential to do very well in this space. I am not the biggest Brazillian steakhouse fan, or really a fan of buffets in general. Does anyone know how the food/experience compares to Texas de Brazil? I have been there twice and never been super happy with the experience.

The local owners of The Melting Pot just messaged me to say they will be the operators of Rodizio Grill.

They are making another huge investment in Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The local owners of The Melting Pot just messaged me to say they will be the operators of Rodizio Grill.

They are making another huge investment in Bricktown.
    seems like those 2 restaurants have a lot of ownership crossover in several markets ..

This should be a good addition to Bricktown. I ate there in Denver a few weeks ago and it was great.

Good for Bricktown! Whether or not this makes my rotation, it should be a hit with tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Better check on PluPan. He’s been after a Brazilian steakhouse for a while. ��
    Yep this is a great get. I am very excited for this one. This will be great for this space across from the hotel to be activated.

Finally, grilled pineapple! Also there's Texas de Brazil, if you want to count that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Finally, grilled pineapple! Also there's Texas de Brazil, if you want to count that.
    I asked this question earlier in the thread but nobody had an answer. I have been to Texas de Brazil and was never impressed, are you saying this place is a marked step up and is worth trying? I have been to Fogo de Chao a few times which wasn't bad and Churrascaria Plataforma in NYC which was amazing.

14. Default Re: Rodizio Grill

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I asked this question earlier in the thread but nobody had an answer. I have been to Texas de Brazil and was never impressed, are you saying this place is a marked step up and is worth trying? I have been to Fogo de Chao a few times which wasn't bad and Churrascaria Plataforma in NYC which was amazing.
    You might like this place then because while I wasn't disappointed with the meal I had at the Rodizio Grill in Fort Collins.... I still prefer Texas de Brazil to it and in my opinion Fogo de Chao is the best of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    My favorite item at brazilian steakhouse is the grilled pineapple. I'll just take it where I can get it.

Signage application:

Rodizio Brazilian Steakhouse opens in Bricktown

Rodizio Grill Brazilian steakhouse restaurant/churrascaria is now open at 217 E. Sheridan in Bricktown.

The $3 million restaurant has completely renovated a vacant building in the heart of Bricktown and offers grilled meats and seafood of all types plus gourmet salads, soups and Brazilian sides such as feijoada (black bean stew), couve (sauteed collard greens and bacon) and bananas fritas. There is also a full bar, specialty juices and Brazilian wine and beer.

Hours are Sunday through Thursday 4 PM to 9 PM; Friday & Saturday 4 PM to 10 PM.

20. Default Re: Rodizio Grill

I went to their VIP night on Tuesday and was blown away. The food is absolutely amazing. I am already planning to go back.

I had such high hopes for this place. The variety was the best thing about it. The cheese bread had an unusually hard surface, after that it was fine. The non beef items were dry. The pineapple was also good but wish there was more sugar, or any. Will try again once the chicken hearts are in.

22. Default Re: Rodizio Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I had such high hopes for this place. The variety was the best thing about it. The cheese bread had an unusually hard surface, after that it was fine. The non beef items were dry. The pineapple was also good but wish there was more sugar, or any. Will try again once the chicken hearts are in.
    I had tried the one in Fort Collins and my experience sounds similar to yours unfortunately. I did enjoy the fried polenta they served and overall I didn't feel my meal/experience at the Fort Collins location was terrible.... But it wasn't good enough to get me to choose them over Texas de Brazil.

Fogo de Chao is still my favorite of all the churrascaria I have tried.

Thread Information