Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: May 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: May 2022 - General Weather Discussion

OUN already trending back on total rainfall amounts. They always tend to be bullish the week prior getting everyone excited then end up reeling it in.

Some solid rain and storm chances the next couple days. Some rain is out there now across the SW part of the state, trying to bleed into C OK this morning.

Looks like storms until tomorrow afternoon.

I have some outside activities planned for after work tomorrow. What are the models showing for rain in downtown OKC for around 5pm tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Looks like storms until tomorrow afternoon.

I have some outside activities planned for after work tomorrow. What are the models showing for rain in downtown OKC for around 5pm tomorrow?
    That is about the timeframe the last round will be coming through the area. So likely wet, but monitor the radar for best planning.

Some great, gentle, soaking rain today.

Glad I put down fertilizer!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some great, gentle, soaking rain today.

Glad I put down fertilizer!
    Well the gentle part went out the window there for a second.

I was checking out various drainage infrastructure on the commute and Belle Isle/Deep Fork are so full. Crossed over the Canadian and the water levels were almost to the top of the dirt cliffs. To borrow Pete's phrase, it's a frog strangled and a toad throttler. Plus there's still more to come with this heavy line.

This system will likely technically bust the drought here across C OK. We really need consistent smaller rain events, though. We have gotten the majority of this year's moisture with just 2 storms.

I've got a bit of a discrepancy between my digital and analog gauges, but it looks like we picked up at least 3.5" of rain over the last 24 hours here on the Southside near the I-240/I-35 junction, with more still to come. Mesonet shows an impressive band of 4+ inches of observed rainfall across parts of north-central Oklahoma, with the gauge at Oilton coming in at 5.64" with rain still falling. Many areas of the western half of the state picked up at least an inch too. Good to see and hopefully will go a long way to busting this drought before the summer heat dome sets in.

The lakes and rivers will love this, especially with Memorial Day coming up.

Substantial coldpool has built into most of the state from this morning's convection. This will result in most of the storm chances for this evening to be closer to the RR valley and into N TX. Could still see some development of showers/storms further N into C OK, but the heaviest stuff looks to be finished. We will probably have more drizzle and showers Wedneday AM with the low wrap-around.

There was another pretty good rain this morning.

The I-44 corridor between OKC and Tulsa got hammered with rain past few days.

Pretty impressive rainfall totals from this slow moving system, and we're still not completely done yet - NWS is estimating that we'll get maybe another 0.1" of rain before this moves out of the area.

(Image courtesy Oklahoma Mesonet. Live view here: http://www.mesonet.org/index.php/wea...ation/rainfall)

My digital rain gauge is showing 4.42" of rain over the last three days here on the Southside near the I-240/I-35 junction; my analog gauge topped out at 5". I think the digital one is more accurate but still, this was a really good soak for most of the state and I'm glad to see it.

Decent temperatures today with sunshine building back, but strong N winds. Friday looks amazing with wind shift occurring, so a perfect Spring day.

Saturday-Monday will be warm and humid with strong winds out of the S. Next storm chances middle of next week.

Pretty good severe weather chance just north of the Metro tomorrow evening. OKC may get in on the action later overnight, though the storms will probably be in somewhat of a weakening trend by that point. Depending on how the convective evolution goes tomorrow, the Metro may be in a more favorable spot for severe weather on Wednesday, but it'll be a wait-and-see situation.

What he said ^. We should see training lines of storms this evening. There will be a lot of outflow-dependent development going on with these storms, so exact forecast areas are impossible.

The main takeaway over the next few days is heavy rainfall is likely in localized areas with the best chances across the W half of the state. Which is amazing considering the drought stranglehold here.

Just check radar before heading to any outdoor plans, as with any summer storms, hail and wind will be primary threat.

Holy cow, was out walking tonight and it is dead calm and feels like 95% humidity.

Looking forward to the rain and cooler temps.

If you would like to listen to the Oklahoma City NOAA weather station but have no access to a weather radio, but have access to the Internet, then this URL will fix you up for it: https://stillwaterweather.com/okcweatherradio

It works with both desktop computer and phone. You will have to make it smaller on your phone for a perfect fit. Many other NOAA weather stations can be selected from over half the states. Unlike other weather radio apps, it's ad free. It's set up as a volunteer created network, so it is not a commercial service.

Thread Information