Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Weather June 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Radar this morning is currently lit up out W again. Some places across SW OK got 4-5" of rain. This bath this morning should continue to push east and slowly weaken as it reaches C OK. Then we should have one more round tonight into Thursday morning before this much-needed system moves out of the area.

Default Re: June 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Another great, steady but not crazy, soaker today.

My lawn looks like Augusta National.

Fantastic spring weather today and tomorrow. A chance of another more-scattered round of showers/storms is possible Friday, but it should mostly be contained to far W and SW OK.

Saturday morning into afternoon we may see an overnight MCS from the panhandles that slides E/SE across the state, models are coming into more agreement on that possibility.

Things steam up Sunday and into next week with hot temperatures invading the region and a tropical depression sliding across Florida.

Side note, I think linking images from tropical tidbits is no longer working in these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Side note, I think linking images from tropical tidbits is no longer working in these threads.
    It showed up nice and large for me...

From the Mesonet's social media page...forecasted rainfall over the next 7 days looks promising for most of Oklahoma as we head into the hot/dry months

6. Default Re: June 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    From the Mesonet's social media page...forecasted rainfall over the next 7 days looks promising for most of Oklahoma as we head into the hot/dry months

Yay!!! I spent a lot of the and money planting new plants around the front of the house. Rain water is so much better than city water for plants.

Yeah looks like a classic summertime NW flow pattern unfolding over the next 7-10 days and IMO those tend to overperform for Oklahoma with regards to precipitation totals.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Yeah looks like a classic summertime NW flow pattern unfolding over the next 7-10 days and IMO those tend to overperform for Oklahoma with regards to precipitation totals.
    Yep, this is definitely NW flow. Eastern OK benefitted from last night's storms but most of the state should get in on the action tonight/early am.

SPC has Thursday outlined in NE/KS/OK for severe weather @ 15%.

We should also see another storm complex come out of SW KS tonight and make a run into the state by Tuesday morning.

SPC has added most of the state to the Slight Risk for this evening into early morning Wednesday.

Sunshine has already returned to destabilize the region ahead of another MCS threat. Wind and flash flooding will be the main concerns again.

“MCS Season” is usually followed by a big heat wave. All the rain should keep temps somewhat in check but the humidity will be off the charts, think Florida swamp.

We are definitely going to bake next week. Not looking forward to it lol.

Here is snapshot of early Wednesday morning. Models favor the heaviest concentration of storms to the eastern edges, so OKC may be just W of the worst.

Okay so models completely flipped the forecast on this one. Looks like the heaviest action is all west of OKC this morning. NWS did issue a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for basically I-40 and south, but development across OKC is yet to occur. (7:47am)

HRRR has had an awful last couple of months in general, but this morning has been a low point lol. Also - not that it’s affecting OKC much, but what an absolutely wild convective evolution over the last 3-4 hours. Fascinating stuff.

This MCS was fantastic for W OK. Locally insane amounts of rain have fallen across WC OK. The Butler mesonet station is reading almost a FOOT of rain in the last 14 days. Butler hasn't had more than 6" of rain total going back to like October last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This MCS was fantastic for W OK. Locally insane amounts of rain have fallen across WC OK. The Butler mesonet station is reading almost a FOOT of rain in the last 14 days. Butler hasn't had more than 6" of rain total going back to like October last year.
    I got 5 inches in Tuttle from the last 2 days storms. I am ready for the rain to stop!

18. Default Re: June 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    I got 5 inches in Tuttle from the last 2 days storms. I am ready for the rain to stop!
    Feel free to move some of it to Springer for me.... My pond is still about 8' low.

Tonight/early Friday AM will be the last hurrah of the NW flow MCS spree. Damaging wind and flash flood highest threat.

Weekend looks good and hot as we approach our first death-ridge of the summer heading into next week. Heat advisories will likely be in place with high humidity and temperatures in the 90s across OK, the water vapors in the air will keep most of us away from 100, but that won't be the case for Texas.

NW flow is over and the heat dome is moving in. C OK as a region is at around 146% of normal rainfall for the year.

Looking for some kind, any kind of signal that the heat dome is moving and not seeing it until maybe late-next week as it slides to the east. Interesting to see this pattern set up in mid-June. Not totally uncommon but generally this is more of a mid-July to early-August pattern. It's even bringing in some monsoonal moisture into the 4 Corners region which is great news for that drought-stricken area.

Looks like this beautiful stretch of weather will continue for a while. It is so nice to finally have some good ole Oklahoma summer!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ok1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	17526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ok2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	938.6 KB 
ID:	17527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ok3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	17528

Hope this summer isn't going to be like summer 2011 the year I moved to OKC, that was brutal

I’m enjoying the heat.

HangryHippo Guest

It’s too hot, but I’m really over the damn wind.

Thread Information