Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: May 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    A chat would be a great resource.
    It does also take a bit of buy-in from a community, but here's an option,
    https://discord.gg/vxFqEfY
    It also has the MEE6 bot watching SPC's Twitter and NWC Tulsa's YouTube. I don't have a problem with fixing this space back up into something helpful, but also don't want to drag away too much helpful content from here.

Quote Originally Posted by snark0leptic View Post
    It does also take a bit of buy-in from a community, but here's an option,
    https://discord.gg/vxFqEfY
    It also has the MEE6 bot watching SPC's Twitter and NWC Tulsa's YouTube. I don't have a problem with fixing this space back up into something helpful, but also don't want to drag away too much helpful content from here.
    It would be great! Important updates could be shared with the board.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Venture, right? He was a good one. He did a lot to make the weather threads here the best place to turn for rational, level-headed weather discussion away from the hype of the TV mets.
    Bingo. I remember his name was David, and even had talked to him via PMs about some possible programming projects related to weather before his plans changed. He was a super nice guy and think he moved to Indiana or Ohio (?), don't remember for sure.

What are your thoughts on Tuttle? Just listened to his lunch update, and I can’t help feel that he downplays this stuff too much. He’s already calling for Wednesday to not be a big deal either which is opposite on what I’m seeing in other forums. The dude muddies the waters…

Bingo. I remember his name was David, and even had talked to him via PMs about some possible programming projects related to weather before his plans changed. He was a super nice guy and think he moved to Indiana or Ohio (?), don't remember for sure.
    Toledo, Ohio (he was a Michigan guy like me). He was always on the ball with our weather here. But we've got a couple great other people now too! (Anon & SEMI, to start)

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Toledo, Ohio (he was a Michigan guy like me). He was always on the ball with our weather here. But we've got a couple great other people now too! (Anon & SEMI, to start)
    Absolutely!!

7. Default Re: May 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Well, without an actual chat, posting here to this thread frequently is almost as good!

Storms forming down the dryline, so far down to Weatherford with towers forming. I think we're well ahead of Friday's threat at this point. News 4 is already live.

I remember venture. He was awesome. Yes I think he went to Ohio. He was good because he could dedicate a lot of time to updates and the chat. I have a day job that requires attention, so that means pretend weatherman hobby comes second!

TOR Watch parameters show 70% chance of a tornado EF2 or stronger.

More towers going up further S in front of the dryline near Watonga and Weatherford. Rapid development is possible here with environment ripe for low-base, HP supercells.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Storms forming down the dryline, so far down to Weatherford with towers forming. I think we're well ahead of Friday's threat at this point. News 4 is already live.
    Yeah I am surprised by how far south the CI is occurring right now. Interested in seeing what those far southern cells do as they’re actually the most discrete thing going attm…

Is this going to be a storm that affects the whole metro, or more north metro? My house in south OKC, just south of Tinker, got about 2 inches last night, and anything else will be basically adding to a pond or lake somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Is this going to be a storm that affects the whole metro, or more north metro? My house in south OKC, just south of Tinker, got about 2 inches last night, and anything else will be basically adding to a pond or lake somewhere.
    There will be numerous storms. Perhaps an entire line of supercells. Pinpointing metro impacts is impossible until a few hours down the road. Discrete cells need maximum focus for tornado and large hail.

Worried about my in-laws west of Enid. Some nasty looking storms up there.

4000 CAPE out in front of that line up in the NW part of the state!!

There is a storm trying to form just north of Carnegie. Not what you want to see when it comes to more significant chances for metro area.

I don’t know if they’ll be able to sustain themselves, but cells are now attempting to form along the dryline clear down to Carnegie. Way farther south than what has been modeled.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I don’t know if they’ll be able to sustain themselves, but cells are now attempting to form along the dryline clear down to Carnegie. Way farther south than what has been modeled.
    It doesn’t look like these are able to sustain themselves. The storm over Watonga is taking on an interesting look and I want to see what it does when it’s able to shed its left split (currently over Hitchcock).

Kingfisher and Dover get ready. The cell over Watonga ahead of the line is looking serious.

Enid, you have a tornado warned cell moving directly toward you. Entire town will likely see hail at minimum.

That watonga storm looks like a bad one. If you’re in kingfisher, keep an eye on it.

Another tower going up west of chickasha. Wonder if it will sustain?

Where is that dryline currently? It seems like the most intense development is in NW OK, where I assume is the "triple point" for the low, the front, and just ahead of the dryline.

BTW, the OKC radar appears to be back online.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    I think it will run into the same issues. Will see.

Where is that dryline currently? It seems like the most intense development is in NW OK, where I assume is the "triple point" for the low, the front, and just ahead of the dryline.

BTW, the OKC radar appears to be back online.
    Dryline is right along US-183 currently.

Yes, OKC radar is back up.
    Last edited by SEMIweather; 05-02-2022 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Wrong highway in initial post

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    It already seems more promising than the first CI attempt around Carnegie.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I think it will run into the same issues. Will see.
    Yeah where the north storms are just exploding once they form, the more southern storms start, but tend to hit a ceiling and not do much. Those 4000+ level CAPE's up NW probably have something to do with it.

Thread Information