Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa King

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Tulsa King

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    100k seems a bit high for a pool - is inflation that bad or did you just get the best money could buy?
    Have you pool shopped lately? It’s not cheap at all. As Pete said, add in everything else, you’ll be @ 100K easy.

I must freely admit I am wrong about Tulsa King not continuing. Just watched a Paramount Plus commercial during a CBS program where the image of Stallone was referred to and shown on the mountain. Ain’t doing that if Tulsa King is stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I find Oklahoma winters worse to put up with. For starters, driving on ice and snow isn't fun. Ever tried driving in a whiteout at night? I did. I got through it fine but told myself I would never do that again. And haven't.
    Meh. Ok doesn’t have bad winters at all

Is the information about TK production leaving Oklahoma true or just rumors?

Edit: just read this: https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-ente...outputType=amp

Hopefully they’ll reconsider at the last second. I think the weather thing is overstated a bit. Yeah the weather in Oklahoma sucks but where are they going? If they go to Kansas City is the weather that much different? Texas and New Mexico both have less than ideal weather conditions during the summer as well. I think they’re just using that as an excuse. Maybe the production team didn’t like the state, the people, or the politics and don’t want to say it.

There’s been other large productions in Oklahoma. Was there any fuss during those about the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is the information about TK production leaving Oklahoma true or just rumors?
    Both Prairie Surf and the OK TV & Film dept. confirmed they would not be returning to OKC or the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Most companies will tell you their prices start at $80K. Add anything else (water feature, landscaping, etc) and it's hard not to get up to $100K+.
    Yep basic 15x30 pool 6' deep was $70k built in 2022. Add in the pool deck and landscaping and it was just over $100k. And that was a very basic pool and small backyard.

Both Prairie Surf and the OK TV & Film dept. confirmed they would not be returning to OKC or the state.
    How damaging is this? There were other major productions here so maybe it won’t be too bad? Didn’t Martin Scorsese say he loves filming in this state? What about the cast and production of Stillwater?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    How damaging is this? There were other major productions here so maybe it won’t be too bad? Didn’t Martin Scorsese say he loves filming in this state? What about the cast and production of Stillwater?
    The show generated more money than the movies and was higher profile. That's about 8 hours of content vs a hour and a half movie.

Most companies will tell you their prices start at $80K. Add anything else (water feature, landscaping, etc) and it's hard not to get up to $100K+.
    Wow had no idea really. I recall my parents had a saltwater diving pool installed at their new house in 2008 or 2009. I thought they said it was $35k and it was a quality decent sized pool.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Have you pool shopped lately? It’s not cheap at all. As Pete said, add in everything else, you’ll be @ 100K easy.
    No i have not. I do know that when we started looking at hot tubs a few years ago they were around 5k, finally ended up buying one last year and the same model we looked at previously has doubled in price.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    Wow had no idea really. I recall my parents had a saltwater diving pool installed at their new house in 2008 or 2009. I thought they said it was $35k and it was a quality decent sized pool.
    My family put in a big backyard pool with a diving board and slide in 1967 and I know they paid $5,000.

My family put in a big backyard pool with a diving board and slide in 1967 and I know they paid $5,000.
    That was probably a lot of money back then

I wonder if Dwight stays in Tulsa or ends up in KC. The show was originally set there.

14. Default Re: Tulsa King

I guess they are no longer filming in Oklahoma for season 2. Less than ideal.

Really too bad our state film office couldn't offer them another film company. It sounds shady how Prairie Surf operated and definitely not professional quality. But maybe the show runners/producers had a hand in it by selecting the bottom bidder?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I wonder if Dwight stays in Tulsa or ends up in KC. The show was originally set there.
    Actually KCMO has always had and continues to have a pretty huge mafia presence. Vegas was run by those “families”. KC is actually largely responsible for what Las Vagas is today. But I think it would be counter narrative. You can’t have a show about mafia in the middle of nowhere and set it in KC.

Will be a big indignity to the state if the whole show is set in Oklahoma yet none of the filming or production is done here.

Part of me wonders if the shorter-than-expected first season was the result of friction between the showrunners and Prairie Surf, and contributed to the decision to not return here for filming season 2. Season 1 was originally supposed to be 10 episodes long, but only 9 were delivered, and that finale was noticeably shorter than the other episodes in the series. I doubt we'll ever know for sure, but I did find that incredibly odd. The union labor lockout allegation is troubling too. What a loss for the Oklahoma film industry, for real.

^

I bet more on this will come out.

These production teams all talk to each other and most of the crew shifts around to different films and TV shows.

For all the sunny PR and millions in incentives, has Oklahoma really landed anything that has made a significant financial impact other than Tulsa King?

Has Reservation Dogs made any financial impact? I know it's really popular with critics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Actually KCMO has always had and continues to have a pretty huge mafia presence. Vegas was run by those “families”. KC is actually largely responsible for what Las Vagas is today. But I think it would be counter narrative. You can’t have a show about mafia in the middle of nowhere and set it in KC.
    Well it was originally set there but Missouri and Kansas didn't offer the show any incentives so it moved.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...moved-to-tulsa

There is no way they are going to have an ongoing series called Tulsa King and have it set somewhere else.

This leaves the reality that the show will continue to be set in Oklahoma without filming or production here.

I continue to see Paramount Plus promote The Family Stallone, and use much of the same descriptions in regard to the shows success and renewal they used on season one of Tulsa King. I think Tulsa King is just gonna slip away. I think Stallone doesn’t want to work away from home and family when he can fulfill his Paramount contract, boost his children’s careers and stay relevant in his late 70s via The Family Stallone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I continue to see Paramount Plus promote The Family Stallone, and use much of the same descriptions in regard to the shows success and renewal they used on season one of Tulsa King. I think Tulsa King is just gonna slip away. I think Stallone doesn’t want to work away from home and family when he can fulfill his Paramount contract, boost his children’s careers and stay relevant in his late 70s via The Family Stallone.
    In addition, reality crap is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper to produce than a scripted show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    This^. Tulsa King issues have zero to do with Prairie Surf or the State Film Office. Tulsa King has internal problems.

Thread Information