Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa King

Default Re: Tulsa King

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guide View Post
    Missy's Donuts in Sunday's episode, the location on Wentz. If you've never been up to Guthrie for this, you're missing out.
    We've tried lots of donuts all over and yes, Missy's is great, only had them once, but man, they're better than any we've had in OKC (yes, better than Hurts).

The flower shop in the last episode was in Film Row.

I appreciated how much OKC was standing in not just for Tulsa but also NYC. And not just interior shots like the flower shop but at least a couple of shots outside downtown as well.

New episode dropped today, and strangely the title is 'Warr Acres'.

A scene was filmed at the Sante Fe Station (first two images) and Sly dined with Dana Delaney at the Park Avenue Grill in the Skrivin.

There was a scene at a drive in theater but it wasn't the Winchester... Anybody know where?

Is that the Chief in Chickasha?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There was a scene at a drive in theater but it wasn't the Winchester... Anybody know
    It’s the beacon in Guthrie

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    It’s the beacon in Guthrie
    Made famous by getting ripped apart in Twister when it subbed for ?Waurika?Watonga? Some small burg with a TastyFreeze.

Season finale debuted today. Several scenes shot on the rooftop pool deck of West Village.

Now we wait to see if they'll continue to film in OKC when they start production of the 2nd season.

Season finale debuted today.
    season finale is next week ep 10 i believe ..

Someone said it is this ranch in Jones:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+...!4d-97.2737502
    The training grounds look to be near NE 71st and Choctaw Road...just north and east of that intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    season finale is next week ep 10 i believe ..
    It sure felt like a finale, so I had to check IMDB and saw what you see, finale next week. Weird episode if not the finale.

Also can we talk about the bar owner's cringey singing at the end?

I also got a big kick out of Bodhi's nod to the actor's role on Silicon Valley. A nothing line for most, no doubt, but I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    It sure felt like a finale, so I had to check IMDB and saw what you see, finale next week. Weird episode if not the finale.

Also can we talk about the bar owner's cringey singing at the end?

I also got a big kick out of Bodhi's nod to the actor's role on Silicon Valley. A nothing line for most, no doubt, but I loved it.
    Episode 9 was the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Episode 9 was the finale.
    Correct. That's a wrap on the first season.

As I said, the big question is if Season 2 will be shot in OKC.

If not, I'm out. It was fun to pick out the local scenes but even that wore off. I found myself pretty disinterested in the characters and story line.

14. Default Re: Tulsa King

Correct. That's a wrap on the first season.

As I said, the big question is if Season 2 will be shot in OKC.

If not, I'm out. It was fun to pick out the local scenes but even that wore off. I found myself pretty disinterested in the characters and story line.
    I'm in the same boat. While it was fun to see OKC throughout the show, I thought the storyline was boring and the writing was horrible.

LOL, dang guys I guess I’m just really easily entertained. I’m 3 episodes in and really enjoying it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    LOL, dang guys I guess I’m just really easily entertained. I’m 3 episodes in and really enjoying it so far.
    Don't let us kill your buzz. It's certainly enjoyable!

We are enjoying it as well.

18. Default Re: Tulsa King

I believe that Prairie Surf is contracted to do 70 episodes.

Hopefully that's true and the concerns about them possibly moving production are baseless. But I don't think we've seen anything concrete yet about it.

One of the show runners is stepping down:

https://www.thewrap.com/tulsa-king-s...under-way/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    One of the show runners is stepping down:

https://www.thewrap.com/tulsa-king-s...under-way/amp/
    That might not be a bad thing. I guess we'll find out next season.

According to NewsOk this won’t be filming in Oklahoma for the 2nd season. I couldn’t read it because of a paywall but here it is: https://www.oklahoman.com/restricted...69908806007%2F

^

Praire Surf and the Oklahoma Film + Music Office both say Tulsa King has decided to go elsewhere but they aren't sure where.

All types of spin by Prairie Surf but there is no way to see this as anything other than a negative towards them. TK was obviously unhappy in OKC and that really hurts trying to recruit anything new because all these production groups talk, especially after one has had experience in a new area.

^

Praire Surf and the Oklahoma Film + Music Office both say Tulsa King has decided to go elsewhere but they aren't sure where.

All types of spin by Prairie Surf but there is no way to see this as anything other than a negative towards them. TK was obviously unhappy in OKC and that really hurts trying to recruit anything new because all these production groups talk, especially after one has had experience in a new area.
    Speculation...

-Did the Film/TV Tax Credit run out/was not offered for Season 2 of Tulsa King?
    -Given the size of the production, did Oklahoma have enough people behind the scenes to help support the shooting schedule, or did support production staff have to be brought in from out of state, this could get costly as this was multiple episodes shot over multiple weeks/months?
    -Did someone on the crew or cast simply not like downtime in Oklahoma, the weather, the politics, access to certain services, etc?

The closest similarity I can think of for Tulsa King would be something like AMC Breaking Bad's first season in ABQ. One thing that help the show stand out was all of the on site locations and topography that New Mexico offered. Luckily for them, additional seasons continued (And Better Call Saul) to be shot in and around Albuquerque.

^

Bummer.

More religious movies it is, then.

Thread Information