Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa King

Default Re: Tulsa King

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe they are doing all their soundstage work in OKC at Prairie Surf.

For most productions, the large majority of filming is done on a sound stage. Even the interior scenes that look like location shots are usually sets on an enclosed stage.

As an example, almost all of The Shining was shot inside a sound stage. Productions are masterful in how they fool the eye.
    I remember a long time ago going on a tour at Universal in California, one quote from the guide stands out to me talking about set construction "We only build what the camera will see". All of The Soprano's interior shots at the family home were done in a studio. There is no footage shot from inside the home. Most of the exterior shots were on location of course.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I remember a long time ago going on a tour at Universal in California, one quote from the guide stands out to me talking about set construction "We only build what the camera will see". All of The Soprano's interior shots at the family home were done in a studio. There is no footage shot from inside the home. Most of the exterior shots were on location of course.
    It's a million times more efficient to operate on a sound stage, and as I've said before almost every single interior shot is done on a stage.

First and foremost, light and sound can be completely controlled which results in much fewer takes. Also, it's much easier to rig up the lighting and camera tracks and positions. You can shoot any time of day or night.

Sound stages also have a ton of equipment on hand (rigging, carpentry, a thousand types of lights).

I worked on several movie lots including Paramout for over two years. Once you see how it's done even on big-budget movies, it takes a lot of the illusion out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's a million times more efficient to operate on a sound stage, and as I've said before almost every single interior shot is done on a stage.

First and foremost, light and sound can be completely controlled which results in much fewer takes. Also, it's much easier to rig up the lighting and camera tracks and positions. You can shoot any time of day or night.

Sound stages also have a ton of equipment on hand (rigging, carpentry, a thousand types of lights).

I worked on several movie lots including Paramout for over two years. Once you see how it's done even on big-budget movies, it takes a lot of the illusion out of it.
    they even are now filming outdoor shots indoors .. and the days of the green screen are more and more numbered ..

https://techcrunch.com/2020/02/20/ho...tv-production/

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/vfx/unde...on-198751.html

I drove out on Wilshire north of Yukon the last 3 days. At the Express Ranch Clydesdale barn, there have been a dozen or more white Tulsa County Sheriff vehicles. I saw one with a large 'ATF' on the side. A couple of black limos. This morning when I went out Wilshire was closed from Piedmont Road to Mustang road. a ton of semi trucks, etc along Wilshire. There were police at both closing signs making sure no entry possible. I drove on by the horse barn which was jam packed. Maybe a hundred vehicle, motor homes and big box trucks and semis. There was a lady in her car on the side of the road with a photography sign on her car. I asked her what was going on and she said all she can say was filming, I said due to the Tulsa vehicles it's Tulsa King and she smiled and said she wasn't allowed to say.

^

Yes, definitely Tulsa King filming.

6. Default Re: Tulsa King

Yeah, everyone involved is under an NDA and will therefore be evasive in even identifying what they’re working on to anyone from outside the production. I’ll say this though: I’ve seen quite a few film shoots in town firsthand over the years, and this one rolls deeper than most if not all that I’ve seen. It’s a big production.

I am not saying this has anything to do with anything, but I drive up villa from 23rd to 30th and on the north part of shepherd mall, there were signs for “king street” for catering and other things. As I drive by, I saw a lot of vehicles, multiple big rigs and trailers. Not sure if this has anything to do with this movie, but maybe.

They were filming near 20th and penn today as well.

Premiering November 13 on Paramount+

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/tay...te-1235271075/

I love how the article refers to the filming in OKLAHOMA CITY. lol

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Que?

it is almost entirely filmed in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it is almost entirely filmed in OKC
    I guess "Oklahoma City King" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I guess "Oklahoma City King" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
    the sound stage is in OKC ..

15. Default Re: Tulsa King

Exteriors in Tulsa; interiors, soundstage and some exteriors in OKC. I won’t deny that “Tulsa King” rolls off the tongue more easily and manages to sound more cool than “Oklahoma City King.” Just happy to have most of the work and economic impact centered here. It’s honestly a win for both cities.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70154888-7307-4F11-903A-DDA3F6048F12.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	17491

Not positive but I think they might be shooting the exterior of the Gaylord Building. 4th St is shut down and Penske trucks have been dropping off and picking up equipment. The parking lot at 4th and Broadway is also half roped off and says “reserved parking”. I was walking to my office and noticed from the interior that the front doors windows have been covered with some sort of decorative window wrap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70154888-7307-4F11-903A-DDA3F6048F12.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	17491

Not positive but I think they might be shooting the exterior of the Gaylord Building. 4th St is shut down and Penske trucks have been dropping off and picking up equipment. The parking lot at 4th and Broadway is also half roped off and says “reserved parking”. I was walking to my office and noticed from the interior that the front doors windows have been covered with some sort of decorative window wrap.
    That's the Mayo Hotel logo:

https://www.themayohotel.com/?gclid=...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Good catch Swake!

19. Default Re: Tulsa King

I just saw it myself, and it is a VERY big production.

Edit: misread.

They've been all over eastern OK county the last week or two filming in old schools and in woods in really random areas.

Filming today next to the Farmer's Market.

It's going to be fun to watch this show when it comes out.

They are filming out front of the OKC Public Schools building this morning.

Will be fascinating to see how all this fits together once the series comes out.

Were they filming outside of Broadway10 today? I saw production vehicles set up.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Were they filming outside of Broadway10 today? I saw production vehicles set up.
    Yes, saw a post where they had some scenes there.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they even are now filming outdoor shots indoors .. and the days of the green screen are more and more numbered ..

https://techcrunch.com/2020/02/20/ho...tv-production/

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/vfx/unde...on-198751.html
    I would argue its the next evolution of "green screens". The main reason for green screens(CGI) is very much alive.

Thread Information