Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NW 4th and Shartel

Arts District / Film Row NW 4th and Shartel

Yet another housing project planned for downtown, this time a 4-story building on the SW corner of NW 4th and Shartel.

The parcel along NW 4th was the site of a big fire last year where the Carpenter Square Theater warehouse burned to the ground and the lot was completely cleared. There are a few metal industrial buildings that will be demolished and the property wraps around 3 Cubed (old Banquet Cinema Pub) on the hard corner. This is directly west of 700 West.

Plans call for a parking structure on the south end with 247 apartments, as well as a 3-level bar facing Shartel.

The architect is Hord Caplan Macht from Denver. The color renderings are from NOMA which is under construction at 11th & Lewis in Tulsa which they also designed; should be similar to what is built.

Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

I absolutely love this. I really like the way the parking garage is incorporated / hidden from street view. Curious as more development comes in in the area if there will be more pressure to get the jail moved.

I like the brick and dark colors look of those renderings, can't wait to see it start going up. The area around downtown is on fire with all this new housing development.

BTW, you can see in the drone shot that NW 4th is finally being resurfaced between Classen and Broadway.

That stretch of road had been in horrible shape for years.

It seems more and more likely the jail will be moved and the current building demolished.

Just as important, many of the surrounding bail bond places would likely leave as well.

When I lived at 8th & Shartel I called this entire area the Bail Bond District. There are a lot of great properties there that deserve a higher and better use.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I like the brick and dark colors look of those renderings, can't wait to see it start going up. The area around downtown is on fire with all this new housing development.
    This is HCM's other Tulsa project on Brookside

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    This is HCM's other Tulsa project on Brookside
    Ooh, that’s nice.

Balconies and a pool! Homerun. And I agree, the jail's days are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

[/center]
    Nice, it's time for more developments designed by out of state architectural firms, OKC firms either have started to repeat themselves or fallen behind the current trends.

Maybe I missed it, but who is the developer? I see the architect and the other project they did in Tulsa. Did I miss it?

You can see more of the architecture firm's housing developments here:

https://www.hcm2.com/studios/housing-mixed-use/

The renderings seem to be taken from the NOMA development in Tulsa? Will this be a copy/paste? https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/loc...11th-and-lewis

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    The renderings seem to be taken from the NOMA development in Tulsa? Will this be a copy/paste? https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/loc...11th-and-lewis
    This is explained in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but who is the developer? I see the architect and the other project they did in Tulsa. Did I miss it?
    I would guess Steve Mason as county assessor is currently showing he owns all of those buildings.

This is great! Love more housing in this area.

Awesome. Love the red brick.

Interesting. Happy to see a Denver firm. There are some very good design nuances up in Denver and the mountain west that does not seem to be replicated much in the central plains.

Will be interested to see what the final renderings show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    BTW, you can see in the drone shot that NW 4th is finally being resurfaced between Classen and Broadway.

That stretch of road had been in horrible shape for years.
    I just love it that they did the resurfacing of this road. I am beyond thrilled and can't wait for them to finish striping and complete the project.

Blog Entries

the striping _should_ bring the bike lanes from Broadway all the way to Classen...

I love the design of this. It's so unique looking, and very atypical to other apartment buildings throughout the city. I'm especially glad that the vacant lot where that warehouse was is going to be used for something and that those buildings are going to be tore down. I was afraid that vacant lot would be there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I love the design of this. It's so unique looking, and very atypical to other apartment buildings throughout the city. I'm especially glad that the vacant lot where that warehouse was is going to be used for something and that those buildings are going to be tore down. I was afraid that vacant lot would be there for years.
    That's not the rendering for OKC. That is a reference rendering of a previous project in Tulsa. I'm sure the design for OKC will be somewhat different.

All this new housing development that will be surrounding it makes for really good positioning for that 3 Cubed Restaurant & Bar on the same corner.

Here's a little wider view:

Blog Entries

At least the parking garage is on the south end so no one has to see the jail out their window...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    At least the parking garage is on the south end so no one has to see the jail out their window...
    the jail will be gone pretty soon

Thread Information