Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NW 4th and Shartel

Blog Entries

Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

Let's see how the vote goes. I would be surprised if a new jail were open inside of 5-10 years at the rate these things go.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Let's see how the vote goes. I would be surprised if a new jail were open inside of 5-10 years at the rate these things go.
    That vote has me nervous. I'm afraid many voters will think their taxes are going to go up.

I think it will pass. Consider me an optimist. One wonders where they would choose to build the new jail. I for one would like to see that area opened up for development.

They have filed building permits for the garage and the apartments and commercial space will come a bit later.

The developer is Kana Development based in OKC. The lead is Rob Garrett who worked with Gary Brooks at Cornerstone for a number of years.

Rob told me the reason they are using the Denver firm of Hord Coplan Macht is due to his getting to know them through the NOMA project in Tulsa (mentioned in my original post). Rob had served as a consultant on that project and the architects impressed him, so he decided to use them for his first big development.

The underlying property is owned by Steve Mason and the Kilpatrick family. It's currently under contract and with plans to close on the sales soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Nice, it's time for more developments designed by out of state architectural firms, OKC firms either have started to repeat themselves or fallen behind the current trends.
    That is a beautiful design.

Does this mean that we're going to lose this terrific piece of artwork ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doug dog love one another.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	692.8 KB 
ID:	17542

^

Haha...

Maybe the developers can get Doug to agree to another sitting.

This project has filed plans for design review.

246 units. Most of it will be 4 stories, the exception being the easternmost wing which will be 3. There will be some walk-up units along 4th with stoops.

Working on getting some better renderings.

Here are some basic renderings.

The pool and courtyard will be more elaborate.

NW 4th just west of Shartel, looking southwest (old Banquet Cinemapub on the left)

NW 4th and Francis, looking southeast

Courtyard looking northwest

Kinda reminds me of LIFT.

I like how they designed some of those 2 story sections to look like one very tall story toward the corner!!!!

12. Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

command of presence & placemaking.

This is great but if I had a wish I'd still love to see retail on the first floor (at least lining the contiguous stretch of 4th) and thereby making the development to total 5 or 6 floors.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Seems like dirt should be moving on this one by now.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Seems like dirt should be moving on this one by now.
    I'll let them know.

15. Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    i'll let them know.
    ha!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'll let them know.
    The perfect answer. Applause.

17. Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

Demo has started and I noticed this building is now completely gone this morning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3777.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	17994

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Demo has started and I noticed this building is now completely gone this morning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3777.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	17994
    Nice -- thanks.

They had to wait until Muse across the street was largely finished because this property was being used for staging up until very recently.

Every time I go by there, a decent-sized homeless camp has been there so those people are going to have to move on.

19. Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nice -- thanks.

They had to wait until Muse across the street was largely finished because this property was being used for staging up until very recently.

Every time I go by there, a decent-sized homeless camp has been there so those people are going to have to move on.
    It looked as if there had been a fire inside this building as some point. I hadn't heard of this building having a fire, but the inside looked charred. Am I just seeing things or did this building also have fire damage recently?

It looked as if there had been a fire inside this building as some point. I hadn't heard of this building having a fire, but the inside looked charred. Am I just seeing things or did this building also have fire damage recently?
    Yes, it had a fire. Go to the first post that Pete put and the last picture will show a pic of the fire.

21. Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Yes, it had a fire. Go to the first post that Pete put and the last picture will show a pic of the fire.
    Thanks, but I am specifically speaking about this current building they just took down. The fire that is in the first post was in a different building and has been gone for some time.

Thanks, but I am specifically speaking about this current building they just took down. The fire that is in the first post was in a different building and has been gone for some time.
    Yes, that recently demolished building also had a fire.

I'm sure it was due to the homeless camp all around.

More downtown apartment options is what is needed. I have a guy that I work with and him and his wife are empty nesters in their 60's. They are in the process of selling their home in Norman, and looking for an apartment downtown. He said they are having a hard time finding one though, said most apartments are full. So they are on waiting list for a possible unit at Park Harvey.

He said the main reason they want to move downtown is because its in walking distance to everything as far as leisure activities, etc.

Downtown living in OKC is becoming more attractive and not just catering to Millennials. This is a good sign.

Taken today (Sunday). You can see they are still using part of the property as a staging area for The Muse.

The large warehouse on the southern end has been scraped for a while; the two remaining burned-out buildings will come down soon.

25. Default Re: NW 4th and Shartel

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    More downtown apartment options is what is needed. I have a guy that I work with and him and his wife are empty nesters in their 60's. They are in the process of selling their home in Norman, and looking for an apartment downtown. He said they are having a hard time finding one though, said most apartments are full. So they are on waiting list for a possible unit at Park Harvey.

He said the main reason they want to move downtown is because its in walking distance to everything as far as leisure activities, etc.

Downtown living in OKC is becoming more attractive and not just catering to Millennials. This is a good sign.
    The Haven has a few available that have been updated this year. There are a bunch of empty nesters that live in this apartment complex and there are elevators to the higher floors. So many mature trees and green spaces in this spot. If they are having a hard time finding something they should look there.

Thread Information