Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Citizen

Default Re: The Citizen

Doubtful. They are the same rails used on freight lines which can support cars well in excess of 130 tons each.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Doubtful. They are the same rails used on freight lines which can support cars well in excess of 130 tons each.
    And they basically incased in concrete.

Not wasting any time you gotta love it. By my count, we'll soon have 6 active construction sites with tower cranes. 1. Convergence 2. Okana 3. Oak 4. Citizen 5. Integris 6. Norman Regional (if this one is still up).

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Not wasting any time you gotta love it. By my count, we'll soon have 6 active construction sites with tower cranes. 1. Convergence 2. Okana 3. Oak 4. Citizen 5. Integris 6. Norman Regional (if this one is still up).
    Norman Regional has been taken down.

Any updated pics on progress for this one? I suspect a crane should be going up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Any updated pics on progress for this one? I suspect a crane should be going up soon.
    I drove by yesterday, and they're still digging the foundation/basement. I didn't see any sign of the tower crane base yet. I'm wondering where they're going to put it. I wouldn't be surprised if it went up on the parking garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    OAK has two, so we may still get to 6. I have to wonder if that is a record for OKC for the last few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    OAK has two, so we may still get to 6. I have to wonder if that is a record for OKC for the last few decades.
    Already have 6. Baptist and OAK have 2, Okana, and Convergence.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Already have 6. Baptist and OAK have 2, Okana, and Convergence.
    Ooo, I forgot that Baptist has 2.

Lots of lots of cranes! Man it must be pretty exciting for the locals to see so much visual and vertical progress taking place across the city. It's going to be the tell-tale signs of future growth that will further push the city into being a national destination. Not saying that it isn't already, but this will push OKC up higher on that list.

12. Default Re: The Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Think there will be one for the building they are putting up by the old Elk Valley brewery?

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Think there will be one for the building they are putting up by the old Elk Valley brewery?
    Since that is 4 floors, and has plenty of room, may not need one. But could definitely be wrong. I would guess Boulevard Place and whatever becomes of Alleys End will have one, as well.

Since that is 4 floors, and has plenty of room, may not need one. But could definitely be wrong. I would guess Boulevard Place and whatever becomes of Alleys End will have one, as well.
    I keep forgetting about Boulevard Place and Alley’s End and every time I’m reminded of them, my heart drops a little. I’m still eager to see them built but my expectations get lower and lower with each passing day.

unless they close the street i am not sure they will have enough room

Will the new Phillips building in Midtown need a crane?

The Tower Crane for this jobsite will be going up on April 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    The Tower Crane for this jobsite will be going up on April 22nd.
    Thanks for the info.

What is typically done in tight spaces is they build the crane tower right in the center of the building (or close) and then when almost all the big pieces are in place on every floor, they take it down and backfill where it once was.

Lingo now has a live construction camera feed on the www.citizenokc.com website...Good deal!

If you press play in the top corner, you can actually watch the live stream.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Lingo now has a live construction camera feed on the www.citizenokc.com website...Good deal!

If you press play in the top corner, you can actually watch the live stream.
    That's pretty awesome, even more so because as I look at it right now they have the camera pointing at the Convergence tower crane and you can see it move.

^

There are actually several pre-set camera angles you can choose from, and one is focused on Convergence.

Thanks for sharing this. Will be yet another thing I obsessively monitor for the next year or two.

They now have a pre-set camera angle for the Phillip Murrah development on 10th. So they have a live stream for all their major construction projects, nice.

Crane going up today (image from their webcam):

We'll be at seven tower cranes at once in the metro by this time next week, sounds like.

What an incredibly tight site. The coordination of material storage, deliveries, equipment, AND the safety of the workers and the public on this project would be a damn nightmare. Props to whoever is in charge of that.

Thread Information