Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reservoir

Far North The Reservoir

I was finally able to find a permit for the property that is east of Costco.

The only filing is a weird right-of-way document that took forever to find. It was a permit to reshape and downsize the pond on that property.

As you can see in the second image, they are planning something similar to the Chisholm Creek lake with retail, restaurants and office structures all around. There hasn't been any type of building permits but it looks like they are reworking the pond in the hopes of luring businesses.

Default Re: The Reservoir

A friend of mine is part of the group that’s putting this together. Was going to attempt to put them in contact with you but they weren’t quite far along on it at the time to talk publicly about it. He described the development exactly as you did but was still pretty low on details. I’ll probe him again on it and see if they’ve made anymore progress since the last time we discussed it.

Looks like they are planning apartments with a parking garage in the southwest corner:

They need to work with the city to get them to redo EB Memorial there. It's an absolute awful road to drive on. When I leave Costco and drive east to hit Santa Fe, it's constant thud-thud, thud-thud, but even worse than that. It jolts the entire vehicle.

They are doing a bunch of new work here but I believe it is still related to utilities and water management because no building permits have been filed.

This is directly east of Costco.

Building on a spring.

What are they doing? Still looks the same it did over a year ago.

Site work.

Any restaurants lined up (or poking around) for a location here?

I think they are trying to sell the parcels and can't do that until their finish site work and put in utilities and roads.

The Reservoir-

I can see it now-nothing but floating restaurants and bars. All the dirt will be covered with asphalt parking lots. It is the latest in property mangle-ment.

14. Default Re: The Reservoir

I just drove by this development and water was pouring out over the top of the south side of the pond, and there were two OKC police cars parked at the top of the hill to the east with their lights on. Not sure they are related, just wondering if maybe the south portion of that man-made pond is about to fail?

16. Default Re: The Reservoir

There are 2 massive pumps on that berm in the bottom left corner of the pond. You can see the red dirt left behind in the drainage area under memorial from when they had to pump a ton of water out.

Driving down the KPT you can see a sizable chunk of the berm/dam has washed out almost completely. You can somewhat see it in Pete's pic above. Just going off the pace this project has moved at so far, this could set them back years...

Looked like there was some work being done on the property. I could see a bulldozer from my car driving by on Kilpatric Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Looked like there was some work being done on the property. I could see a bulldozer from my car driving by on Kilpatric Saturday.
    They've had bulldozers out there for two years.

I still haven't seen any building permits -- just site work.

20. Default Re: The Reservoir

Didn't they discover oil on site the other day? lol

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    If that is the case, just rename it The Derrick and make it the first apartment complex with an active oil well on site.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    I think this was the Portland Power Center. Unless there were two projects that managed to strike an active oil pipeline in the span of a couple days, lol. https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...50#post1245250

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    If that is the case, just rename it The Derrick and make it the first apartment complex with an active oil well on site.
    I'm not going to do my research on this, but no way there isn't already an apartment complex in this state with an active oil well on site, lol. We live in the city that has given us this iconic gem at Hefner & Penn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-02 090458.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	18340

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I think this was the Portland Power Center. Unless there were two projects that managed to strike an active oil pipeline in the span of a couple days, lol. https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...50#post1245250

I'm not going to do my research on this, but no way there isn't already an apartment complex in this state with an active oil well on site, lol. We live in the city that has given us this iconic gem at Hefner & Penn.

The new 35 North apartments at 192nd & May have an active well on-site that they built the complex around. I have a friend that lives there and the well sits smack dab in the middle of the complex.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    The new 35 North apartments at 192nd & May have an active well on-site that they built the complex around. I have a friend that lives there and the well sits smack dab in the middle of the complex.
    Perfect. Exchanges like this are exactly what keeps me coming back to this forum, where else can you make a semi-sarcastic post about apartment complexes and oil wells and get actual information on the subject? Love it.

25. Default Re: The Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post

Hey, that's the one...my bad.

My family spent some time living in Rock Knoll condos when I was a kid, and the were a couple of pump jacks in the center of the development. You can find those all over the city!

Thread Information