Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daylight Savings Time

Default Re: Daylight Savings Time

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Out of the top 10 states for suicides the only that aren't northern states are new Mexico and Oklahoma.. That's most likely associated with their poor economics and health
    Correct. But the darkness of winter isn't the reason for those northern states. Unless there are long dark periods in may and September that I'm unaware of

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    You sound mad, Bud.
    Not at all, I just have no patience for laziness

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy15 View Post
    Time: It takes 10 seconds.

Money: WTF?

Move to Arizona
    The poster you were responding to can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the “time and money” he/she was referring to is not the time it takes to literally change the clocks (especially since most change automatically now) but the time and money lost due to the disruption in sleep schedules, as well as schedules in general, and how that seeps into business and other parts of society (as well as other scheduling issues that result from the time change).

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    The poster you were responding to can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the “time and money” he/she was referring to is not the time it takes to literally change the clocks (especially since most change automatically now) but the time and money lost due to the disruption in sleep schedules, as well as schedules in general, and how that seeps into business and other parts of society (as well as other scheduling issues that result from the time change).

That may be the case. If so, it further illustrates the laziness. Sleep schedules get messed up because of an hour time change? GTFOH. People are soft

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy15 View Post
    That may be the case. If so, it further illustrates the laziness. Sleep schedules get messed up because of an hour time change? GTFOH. People are soft
    There’s science to back it up. But keep railing.

The HoR is not going to pass this the way the Senate did. It was announced today that they will be studying the impact from both sides and taking comments from their constituents.
    https://bangordailynews.com/2022/03/...t-saving-time/

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    kids in the pitch black dark for school bus pick up is not a great idea ...
    That was tried ONE year back in the 1960's. Parents raised HOLY HELL about it. Never did it again.

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    That was tried ONE year back in the 1960's. Parents raised HOLY HELL about it. Never did it again.
    When I was in Junior high in san antonio we waited for the bus in the dark all the time but that was the late 80's

Me and my brother walked to school when I was in first grade and we was in 3rd grade. Crazy how many parents drop off and pick up their kids now.

9. Default Re: Daylight Savings Time

Yep, I walked about ten blocks to school starting in kindergarten until 4th grade, when I started riding a bus to a school quite a bit further away. Walked, rode my bike or carpooled in the case of bad weather during jr high

But during high school in the 80s for the first month or so each I had to be at the bus stop at about 5:30-5:45 AM because schools had no AC, had shortened days due to heat, and started at 7 AM. Solved that problem when I started driving myself to school in a luxurious ‘68 Ford Falcon my senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    it was 1974. and it didn't work because it was basically still a time change. so it was clearly noticeable. because they made a time change to DST in janurary. had they just never rolled off of DST that fall, and it had gradually just gotten darker, i don't think the complaints would have been nearly as bad. Then it was rolled back and another DST roll off occurred in the fall. so it was never really given a fair chance.

AZ doesn't use DST and they seem fine without it, My brother likes it

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    AZ doesn't use DST and they seem fine without it, My brother likes it
    for AZ, due to the heat in summer as well as how far south they are. i think that no DST is fine for them. for many other places, i think being on DST would be much better economically. it would spur more afternoon business in the winter

13. Default Re: Daylight Savings Time

Not all of Arizona.... The Navajo Nation in the NE quadrant uses DST since it's boundaries fall in 3 states.

The Hopi reservation in AZ also uses DST.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The Hopi reservation in AZ also uses DST.
    since you guys want to split hairs...the hopi reservation does not observe DST, simple google search

16. Default Re: Daylight Savings Time

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    since you guys want to split hairs...the hopi reservation does not observe DST, simple google search
    Which being right in the middle of the Navajo Nation probably creates a time keeping nightmare for that part of the state.

I don't think the Navajo would use it were it not for their boundary being in 2 other states that do use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Which being right in the middle of the Navajo Nation probably creates a time keeping nightmare for that part of the state.

I don't think the Navajo would use it were it not for their boundary being in 2 other states that do use it.
    I'm sure that is the only reason the navajo use it

Thanks for the simple Google search. Cheers.
    https://enddaylightsavingtime.org/di...t-saving-time/

Well I Hopi we stay on central daylight time for good lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Well I Hopi we stay on central daylight time for good lol.
    so very bad.... But i do agree. I want us on DST year round. Like i said, i think we get a different result from people if we just never shift back in the fall, rather than what happened in 1974 when it changed from normal time to DST at the beginning of Janurary

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post

Haha lake Powell is always fun to go out and drunk and wonder why your phone keeps changing the time every 5 seconds by an hour when it switches to the Utah cell towers.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    so very bad.... But i do agree. I want us on DST year round. Like i said, i think we get a different result from people if we just never shift back in the fall, rather than what happened in 1974 when it changed from normal time to DST at the beginning of Janurary
    LOL. You're welcome.

Thread Information