Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Default Kalidy Kia hate thread

Just wanted to start a thread and see if anyone else hates this dealership and their commercials as much as I do. They make me want to rip the radio out of my car… lol

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Yes. And add Battison Honda to this list. They might be worse.

3. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

The Kalidy commercials are annoying. Who says the other persons name to start every sentence of a conversation! No one!

Add the old Edmond Hyundai to the list with that old fast annoying music. Maybe we should turn this into a car commercial hate thread. Respectfully, Bob Moore.

5. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Add the old Edmond Hyundai to the list with that old fast annoying music. Maybe we should turn this into a car commercial hate thread. Respectfully, Bob Moore.
    Who loves ya Oklahoma!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The Kalidy commercials are annoying. Who says the other persons name to start every sentence of a conversation! No one!
    I actually know someone that does that - during a 10 sentence conversation (5 for each person), he'll say the other person's name 4 times. Weird...

You remember them. Thats the point.

8. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman23 View Post
    I know marketers believe that's the point. And maybe for some customers going to a store, dealer, etc. with horribly annoying ads is fine. But I, and many people I know, will absolutely not buy anything from any business with annoying ads. I would't step on Kalidy or Battison's lots. I won't step on a Bob Moore lot but that's for other reasons besides ads.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Yes. And add Battison Honda to this list. They might be worse.
    I actually really like Battison’s commercials. The production quality is very high, and the GM is an awfully sharp dresser. It’s kind of a lost art these days.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I actually really like Battison’s commercials. The production quality is very high, and the GM is an awfully sharp dresser. It’s kind of a lost art these days.
    He pays to promote Instagram posts of his personal life. I had one show up of him at thunder game at floor seats. Wasn’t anything related to battison. Just a paid promoted post of his personal activity. I thought it was odd.

While we're at it, can we talk about how horrible all of the Post Oak Toyota billboards are?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    While we're at it, can we talk about how horrible all of the Post Oak Toyota billboards are?
    Billboards are eyesores regardless of content.
    Lady Bird Johnson was correct.

13. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    When we first started noticing the Post Oak billboards, we realized that we knew nothing about them apart from the billboards. So, my wife looked them up on her phone. The reviews she found were pretty brutal.

Billboard: Post Oak loves you, OKC!
    Me: Apparently, the feeling is not mutual.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Just wanted to start a thread and see if anyone else hates this dealership and their commercials as much as I do. They make me want to rip the radio out of my car… lol
    And yet the dealership does incredibly well. Apparently they work. Sorta like the old Linda Soundtrack ads.

They got some free advertising with this thread.

Kinda makes you miss the "On the old prairie field" ads. Or even the "And that ain't no bull".

Bonus points if you remember those.

17. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Kinda makes you miss the "On the old prairie field" ads. Or even the "And that ain't no bull".

Bonus points if you remember those.
    Oohhhh!!!! I can see the guy saying it. And hear his voice. But I can't remember which dealer it was for.

18. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Oohhhh!!!! I can see the guy saying it. And hear his voice. But I can't remember which dealer it was for.
    Broadway Ford

After the dealership closed they had the Beef and Buns restaurant at 23rd and Coltrane and I think sold used cars out of there for a short time.

"The old prairie field in southtown" was Gene Williams Chevrolet on South Shields. 1960s-80s IIRC. I think it is currently David Stanley Chevrolet on I-240.

"And that's no bull" was, indeed, Broadway Ford, on Broadway Extension in Edmond. Owned by LeMon Henderson (who was a Hudiburg protege?). IIRC Henderson was even installed as owner of Hudiburg Chevrolet for a short time around 1980. And then was moved into the Frazier Ford location in Edmond when (according to legend) Hudiburg son-in law Fred Frazier got divorced. Regardless, Mr. Henderson did well for 20 plus years, IMO.

21. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

22. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman23 View Post
    I remember to never take my business there

Nothing will ever be worse than the Mattress king commercials and Metro oooOOOoooo

I know marketers believe that's the point. And maybe for some customers going to a store, dealer, etc. with horribly annoying ads is fine. But I, and many people I know, will absolutely not buy anything from any business with annoying ads. I would't step on Kalidy or Battison's lots. I won't step on a Bob Moore lot but that's for other reasons besides ads.
    You always have to know your audience. Back when I had my comic shops we advertised during "Adult Swim" on Cartoon Network, during their late night programming. We had one commercial campaign we used there a couple of times, with a rather annoying commercial, but it was EFFECTIVE. We always got a few messages/complaints about it, but by and large it had a very effective response (coming in to listen to the voicemails after these commercials ran was always interesting).

That being said, it would have been terrible to run these in the afternoon or during prime time or such.

25. Default Re: Kalidy Kia hate thread

Kalidy Kia's commercials are HORRIBLE and leave me wanting to avoid the dealership rather than shop there. Apparently, Kalidy is the only guy in OKC who thinks Bigfoot is actually funny. It's his money, though, so...

Thread Information