Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Default 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Wowowiwiiw what a show! I don’t even know where to start. I was kinda hoping Cube would make a surprise duo and a big fu€k you to all those trying fuel the Dre vs Cube thing but 50’s In Da Club surprise was amazing too. I was ecstatic to watch Dre work that console(120 channels? Damn I couldn’t even count) like nothing. Those are goals.

Mary J Blige still has it.

And mad props to Em for taking the knee. What a motherfu€king boss! This is the best halftime show I’ve ever seen. This, MJ’s 93(even though that was the year I was born so I didn’t see it in person), and Timblake’s 2004 show are my favorites.

I just knew Still Dre was coming but doubted it as time went on as I couldn’t figure out how they’d work in but they did. Kendrick, though I was hoping for a new album release, was looking great! Man I’m so happy I caught it! What a show.

Default Re: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Just for memory lane

Edit: video blocked due to copyright but viewable on YouTube. Micheal Jackson’s 1993 Halftime performance ☀️

4. Default Re: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Man, I really don’t have any business commenting on this - and yeah I know the dude’s sold a bunch of records - but I don’t think 50 Cent had any business sharing the stage with those other performers.

It was as if Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs was sharing the stage equally with The Beatles, The Who, The Stones, Led Zeppelin and Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Man, I really don’t have any business commenting on this - and yeah I know the dude’s sold a bunch of records - but I don’t think 50 Cent had any business sharing the stage with any of those performers.

It was as if Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs was sharing the stage equally with The Beatles, The Who, The Stones, Led Zeppelin and Queen.
    Please comment all you want! We’re all entitled to our opinions. Lots of criticism to be had for sure. I’m seeing lots of reports people are mad Kendrick was there instead of Cube. Disappointment that Tupac’s holagram wasn’t present either.

Personally I got pumped for 50s performance because I didn’t expect it but Eminem and Dre are super close and Em was the one who found 50 Cent so I can kind of understand it but I also get the criticism as well. It was a tad out of place but hell I still enjoyed it.

6. Default Re: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

I mean I get the wishing for Cube - that would have been cool for sure - but I mean, Kendrick Lamar has a Pulitzer Prize. Maybe he jumbled up the old school vibe a bit, but he really DOES deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the others. He’d probably be Queen in my analogy.

Get Rich or Die Trying was one of the best rap records of all time IMO. I’m not saying it’s a top ten but it’s up there. 50 has remained relatively stable over the years especially considering the rest of the G Unit crew. But yeah, commercially he isn’t close to Eminem or Dre.

8. Default Re: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Yeah, I get it. I know it was huge. And honestly, good. It just didn’t seem as important. Everybody else up there made some really important music at some point along the way.

Yeah I can understand it. It was definitely an odd ball. I sure the hell would not have guessed it.

My only small critique of the show is that eminen should have just performed Forgot about Dre instead of just touching on it before transitioning into lose yourself. I mean that’s an all time great song and Eminem and Dre are right there! How are you going to leave that out lol. But yea, it was an all time great halftime show imo.

HangryHippo Guest

No mention yet of the goat, Snoop DO double G.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    No mention yet of the goat, Snoop DO double G.
    Well that just goes without saying lol

Mary J. absolutely brought it. She was clearly not lip synching and to do that at like 50 is just incredibly impressive.

Just a fantastic halftime show. Shame about the end result of the game.

Mary J Blige blew me away. What a boss!

following this thread makes me feel really old and square. Kind of like listening to my college age kiddos.

16. Default Re: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

^^^^^^^
    Most of those acts were making their first waves 20-30 years ago, Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Most of those acts were making their first waves 20-30 years ago, Jeep!
    It was intense. I knew who was going to show up save for 50 and Kendrick. The still managed to go full freak mode and put on one of the best half time shows in 20 years.

18. Default Re: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

It was good. Not great. Too many artists and not enough songs.

People must forgot about Prince performing Purple Rain in the rain in Miami. That was the best. I am 38 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    It was good. Not great. Too many artists and not enough songs.

People must forgot about Prince performing Purple Rain in the rain in Miami. That was the best. I am 38 btw.
    Though I thought this halftime was better than I expected it to be, I don't know how it can be compared to Prince as best ever. Eminem had one song and it was lip synched and he doesn't even dance. Prince was live, in the rain, actually singing and killing it on the guitar. That dude kills it. I highly recommend pulling it up on Youtube.

20. Default Re: 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show

I’d agree that Prince was the top halftime show I can remember. Relevant info: I’m in my mid-fifties.

I'm with Jeep. just don't get it.

Being in the 50's I liked it but overall MEH. Everyone really only got 1 song and even though I'm old overall it was too old. They needed to maybe throw a younger act in there to break it up a bit and keep people under the age 40 involved.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Mary J. absolutely brought it. She was clearly not lip synching and to do that at like 50 is just incredibly impressive.

Just a fantastic halftime show. Shame about the end result of the game.
    Please tell me you don't think 50 is that old.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Being in the 50's I liked it but overall MEH. Everyone really only got 1 song and even though I'm old overall it was too old. They needed to maybe throw a younger act in there to break it up a bit and keep people under the age 40 involved.
    Kendrick Lamar for the under 40 crowd.

I thought it was a great show as well. Both the wife and I enjoyed it. I hadn't realized that Snoop had bought Death Row, so I was a little confused when he was wearing the medallion.

Thread Information