Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jack Be Grocery

Default Re: Jack Be Grocery

Walls are going up at NW 178th & May.

Saw a post on FB today that they have a $1.1m building/alteration permit for the old Gold's/LA Fitness location on Santa Fe and Danforth.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    Saw a post on FB today that they have a $1.1m building/alteration permit for the old Gold's/LA Fitness location on Santa Fe and Danforth.
    ^ ^
    Fantastic!

Saw that too. That would be a HUGE addition to that area. Wal-Mart is Wal-Mart and Uptown is just not as fun as it used to be. Wonder if it will still be online only, or if this one will be in store as well? That's a big location.

^

Jack Be's entire business model is pick-only, so they are not going to build any stores where you can go in and shop.

I am glad to see more pick up options for Edmond. Its not just about covid lots of people rather spend their time doing other things, also for older people its harder to get around large stores. EAsy to just pull up and get your items brought out to you.

JackBe at 178th and May in NW OKC announced they will open January 10.

Jack Be is converting the old Gold's Gym at Danforth and Santa Fe into their 3rd location. This to the east of Kohl's and across from Walmart.

Their first at NW 178th & May will open on January 10th; their second will be at SW 29th & Mustang Road.

Signage was going up today, December 27, on Store #1 at 178th and May.

Pete, just realized you went out on Christmas Day to get these drone shots of Danforth/Santa Fe in Edmond of the proposed JackBe location.

There is something unique about completely empty parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Pete, just realized you went out on Christmas Day to get these drone shots of Danforth/Santa Fe in Edmond of the proposed JackBe location.

I like to take photos when there is little traffic, typically Sunday mornings.

I usually have a long list of updates and it's much easier to move around the city when there is almost no traffic.

Has anyone tried this out since the first location opened?

Far North Re: Jack Be Grocery

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Has anyone tried this out since the first location opened?
    Drove by there today on the way home, they had 3 cars queued up. Prices seems comparable to the average grocery store, some higher, some lower. A few items may be a higher price on than what you would at a Homeland or Crest. I've had a few co-workers try it out and they said the best part was how quick the service turnaround from order to pickup is. Given the density in this area and lack of other grocery stores, this should be a home run if people can embrace the digital technology.

Several people on our neighborhood FB page have commented on their experiences and all of them mentioned the fast turnaround and good service. I think one person said they even ask you if you would like to check your items (ie, meat & produce) to be sure you were satisfied with them.

^

Checking items while you're there means quick changes/corrections can be made on the spot.

Very interesting concept.

Got a few things yesterday. Some were lower priced than Crest while others were a bit higher. We didn't get a lot of produce, but what we did get was good quality. There were a lot of things out stock and the overall selection is limited on some items, from what I saw, but the process was easy and fast. We didn't have a huge order, but it was a matter of minutes from when we clicked "On My Way" until the order was ready. The app said to pull into a regular parking spot until notified the order is ready, but we got the good to go notification as we were pulling in.

There's a project to send people to capture photos of shopping center parking lots on black friday to show how much land is unnecessarily taken up by parking.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    There's a project to send people to capture photos of shopping center parking lots on black friday to show how much land is unnecessarily taken up by parking.
    Not for this thread in regards to JackBe, but there seems to be a shift (THANKFULLY) in much more efficient buildings that require less parking. If JackBe can meet 75 to 90 percent of grocery needs, it's footprint is significantly smaller than a traditional grocery with code mandated hundreds of spaces that rarely get used. Scooters, DutchBros, Salad and Go, etc are just some examples of drive thru only locations that eliminate all of the unnecessary parking.

From Pete's pictures above, that Kohls in Edmond has been there for almost 20 years, and probably has only had the lot 50 percent full in pre-online Black Friday days of the early 2000's, the rest of the time, it's maybe 10 percent full. It looks like Jack Be's drive through will be on the east side of the old Gold's Gym. With the bigger footprint of the existing store, it may carry more items than the first built from the ground up store at 178th and May.

^

That Jack Be in Edmond will also serve as their HQ and I believe it will serve as a warehouse for other stores as well.

We did our weekly drive over to HTea0 on N May and since we would be on that side of town we decided to try an order at JackBe. We were very impressed with the ease of the entire process. The associate that brought out our order was very bubbly and nice, loaded our order, and sent us on our way. Cheaper than normal grocery? Well, no cheaper than UpTown Grocers and certainly in line with Kroger delivery or using shopping delivery services like Shipted, etc. The convenience was fantastic.

I will say I'm more of a perusing shopper as I have a list of necessities when we shop but I do like going up and down all the isles of a traditional grocer to just get other things maybe I've forgotten or sound good to cook I haven't thought about. Scrolling through the app for the groceries is cumbersome as I think many of these sites are best for searching and adding to your cart from the search results. We routinely "stop in" at the grocery on some evenings after work on the way home for very fresh vegetables or other sides to go with dinner, so I can certainly see JackBe filling that need for my family once it opens in Edmond, but not sure about a complete grocery run for us.

Does anyone have any insight on how this place is doing?

It's hard to tell how "busy" they are when we drive by since most cars are there for 90 seconds and pull away versus a regular grocery store. Their prices and app seem to be more consistent and I know they have a few more stores in the works.

Just wondering if this model is as successful as they had hoped?

Does anyone have any insight on how this place is doing?

It's hard to tell how "busy" they are when we drive by since most cars are there for 90 seconds and pull away versus a regular grocery store. Their prices and app seem to be more consistent and I know they have a few more stores in the works.

Just wondering if this model is as successful as they had hoped?
    I've been wondering the same thing. I drive by daily and often there is just one car parked in the front and none at the pick-up locations. There might be other employee cars in the back that I don't see.

Is May and NW 178th st in Edmond? Wtf

https://okcfox.com/news/local/drive-...gs-may-3-2023#

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

No, just typical shoddy journalism. It's not even Edmond schools, it's Deer Creek.

I have noticed lately that at any given time, there are far more cars in the pick-up lanes at Jack-Be, so maybe it just took a bit for people to find out they are open and/or make the plunge to give it a try.

I'm impressed that the Danforth location is already opening. That renovation went fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

Its an Edmond zip code, in OKC. So according to US postal service and google maps its an Edmond address.

Thread Information