Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trader Joe's in Moore

1. Default Trader Joe's in Moore

Is anyone hearing rumors of Trader Joe's building in Moore just west of Costco?

Default Re: Trader Joe's in Moore

Are you hearing those rumors? I haven't, but I don't have my ear to the ground. The old Hemispheres building off 19th and Telephone could be a potential location if they were looking. It's a bigger space than what they usually use though.

Surprised it wouldn’t be built in Norman

4. Default Re: Trader Joe's in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Norman isn't very business friendly these days. They missed out on Costco when Moore offered more incentives. I suspect word like that gets out to other businesses.

That area buy Cotsco is strategic placement for any retail development in Moore. As you get Moore & Norman customers. Telephone Rd. gives access to residents that live in NW Norman area. Alot of rooftops in that area, with high incomes.

Actual rumors or just hope.....?

I've heard in the past from employees at the present location that T J 's frequently locates near World Market's.

Then OKC needs a WM to go with their TJs

Quote Originally Posted by soonerj2015 View Post
    Norman isn't very business friendly these days. They missed out on Costco when Moore offered more incentives. I suspect word like that gets out to other businesses.
    ding ding ding we have a winner ..

norman doesn't want to play the game so they have missed out on a ton of businesses

I've only been to the World Market in Norman twice. How does that store seem to be doing. The empty store fronts around the WM do seem to be the type of area that TJ's likes to move into.

It’s always doing good business every time I go. I’ll make the drive from Edmond when I’m in town. Really a great store even though this one feels a tad underwhelming compared to those in SoCal.

That's good to hear. I guess I'm due to a return trip soon.
    Maybe Moore can get the Trader Joes to go in between the Buc-ees and In n out.
    Last edited by Jeremy Martin; 01-31-2022 at 07:08 PM. Reason: sarcasm

Damon Lane, on the Moore FB page, said TJ was going in next to Costco. 8AC7C3E0-9D2D-44DE-80C7-32E60E8B830B.jpeg

Who's Damon Lane? Councilman, chamber member?

15. Default Re: Trader Joe's in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Who's Damon Lane? Councilman, chamber member?
    Weatherman.

I heard it was going to be a Wahlburger.

16. Default Re: Trader Joe's in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    ding ding ding we have a winner ..

norman doesn't want to play the game so they have missed out on a ton of businesses
    I'd say that if Trader Joe's management is pigheaded enough they won't locate to the third-largest city in this state because the city government isn't willing to bribe them to do so, I'd say Trader Joe's is the one missing out, not Norman.

There can't possibly be anything in that grocery store that'd make it worth it my time to drive all the way up to Moore and deal with 19th Street traffic. If they open a location somewhere south of Tecumseh I might give it a shot. But for me if it's on 19th Street it might as well be in outer space.

^^^^ incentives need to be banned on a federal level.

No incentives were used for the TJ's location in NH Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    I'd say that if Trader Joe's management is pigheaded enough they won't locate to the third-largest city in this state because the city government isn't willing to bribe them to do so, I'd say Trader Joe's is the one missing out, not Norman.

There can't possibly be anything in that grocery store that'd make it worth it my time to drive all the way up to Moore and deal with 19th Street traffic. If they open a location somewhere south of Tecumseh I might give it a shot. But for me if it's on 19th Street it might as well be in outer space.
    I agree with this sentiment, probably won't ever join costco because of the location. But, I would be all over TJ's. Would be much better than the current drive to NH from Norman every other week.

The location of the TJ will be next to Cotsco, and not on 19th St. Like I stated earlier, there are a lot of rooftops in that area with high incomes from Moore and Norman. When retailers look at possible location, they look at demographics at the county level in that area. Its a 5 minute drive for people living in NW Norman. I would almost bet the majority of customers that go to that Cotsco are from Norman.

I used to have a friend that I worked with lived in NW Norman, and she would frequently go to that area of Moore to shop and eat, as it was quicker going there, than dealing with the traffic in Norman.

Any evidence that the city offered incentives to TJ's?
    I assume that the proximity to NW Norman, the draw of Costco to get people in the area and a more business friendly city helped as well.

Any chance of one in Edmond anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The location of the TJ will be next to Cotsco, and not on 19th St. Like I stated earlier, there are a lot of rooftops in that area with high incomes from Moore and Norman. When retailers look at possible location, they look at demographics at the county level in that area. Its a 5 minute drive for people living in NW Norman. I would almost bet the majority of customers that go to that Cotsco are from Norman.
    Evidence? Nothing on TJ corporate site about this.

There hasn't been an official announcement yet, just the word on street.

Thread Information