Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockwell and I-40

Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Disappointed that they didn’t make this a 4 lane bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    They just (finally) did some rehab of the intersection south of the Council bridge so i dont think they would be doing much more than they already have there. IF they do something, they need to fix the stupid I40 west off ram and the frontage road weird double side road junction as well as close off that small street just south of the stop light. There's so much semi truck traffic and it's always a nightmare with the way things flow. Semis constantly block Council pulling across from that second side street, making things worse.
    It says that MAPS 4 listed the council rd bridge in their upcoming projects. I am highly confident that they will completely redo the bridge because it seriously is in dire need of a major redesign.

3. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    It says that MAPS 4 listed the council rd bridge in their upcoming projects. I am highly confident that they will completely redo the bridge because it seriously is in dire need of a major redesign.
    If they do this, the only way to make this better (short of throwing new asphalt down) is to re-work the south end where the weird ramp/frontage are parallel to each other. I'd suggest combining the frontage and offramp traffic to one flow. Close off the frontage road light and have that traffic yield to the offramp traffic. Why this was ever done this way, is beyond me.

Then also block off the side road entrance one block south of that, from the northbound traffic. And thus, truck traffic exiting that to northbound Council. This mess allows semis to pull across and then block southbound council until the weird green lights with the strange intersection, all allow it to clear. In the meantime, southbound traffic backs up like crazy. This road does wrap around all the way to the I40 frontage rd that's parallel to the offramp. So the traffic may have a longer path, but it does have an exit if this is closed off. and THAT exist, has a stoplight.

Or buy up all the land on the sound end and gut the whole thing and start over, including the ramps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concil.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	17625

4. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

They've taken down the curtains and the scaffolding underneath Rockwell. That should be a good sign.

5. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Man it was backed up all the way to Morgan when I went through at 7:30 this morning.... They can't wrap, or unwrap, it up soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Man it was backed up all the way to Morgan when I went through at 7:30 this morning.... They can't wrap, or unwrap, it up soon enough.
    Yeah, I saw there was an accident on Google Maps and decided to take 10th all the way to I-44 then down to I-40

I live by outlet mall work airport. I just take 10th to Meridian anymore. I'm shocked how many people just don't use Meridian to get onto 40 east bound. It's wide, it's double turn and much easier than MacArthur.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I live by outlet mall work airport. I just take 10th to Meridian anymore. I'm shocked how many people just don't use Meridian to get onto 40 east bound. It's wide, it's double turn and much easier than MacArthur.
    I always skip MacArthur, it is very akin to Penn & Memorial at all times of the day. I have gone 10th all the way to I-44, but then I-44 to eastbound I-40 can be a little hectic in the mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by kallio View Post
    Any updates on when this bridge will finally be done? I remember how quickly the Webbers Falls bridge on I-40 was completed. It can be done quickly when they want it done quickly.
    I messaged OkDOT on Twitter a while back and their reply was "end of summer 2022". I'm guessing that means, hopefully, end of September.

10. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Rockwell isn't open but all lanes of I-40 are open both ways underneath it. And you can go West on I-40 from Rockwell again. All of the heavy equipment is gone. Good signs that it's close to done.

Wonderful news.

12. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Looked like all that was left to do was restripe and remove a few barrels.... They should be doing that overnight soon.

13. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

There's a few odds and ends on the bridge itself. A short metal railing on top of the concrete side walls, clearance signage. But not much. I can't see it being more than a couple weeks.

Let's just hope they don't close the Bridge over the River on MacArthur. There were a bunch of people out there today at 2:30 looking at it.

15. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Let's just hope they don't close the Bridge over the River on MacArthur. There were a bunch of people out there today at 2:30 looking at it.
    They've been working on the curbs for a couple months. Maybe they were inspecting the completed work. I sure hope so.

16. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Well it was nice of a couple of idiots to ruin my first trip to the office with I40 open at Rockwell by having an accident at Portland...... Maybe I just stick to Reno.

17. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

It had all lanes open when i went by on Tuesday. Just in time for my office move where i wont have to go this way again......

If they move to the Council bridge next I hope they’ll wait until after the holidays. Between the Outlet mall and all the traffic in and out of Yukon for the lights it would really slow things down if they cut out a lane of traffic!!

19. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

The new Rockwell bridge is finally open!

I just went over it. Woo hoo

Why do the have south MacArthur tore up again just 2 years after of resurfacing.

22. Default Re: Rockwell and I-40

Why do the have south MacArthur tore up again just 2 years after of resurfacing.
    It's just what they do. Never makes sense.

Thread Information