Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rose Creek Plaza

Default Re: Rose Creek Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    The eastern red cedar is actual not a bad urban tree. It is a native evergreen that can easily withstand the Oklahoma climate and provides wildlife habitat. They also live for a very long time. Granted, they are not the best looking tree when young, but the older ones are gorgeous. Many of the homes in Heritage Hills use the eastern red cedar as a landscaping tree.

In rural areas, they are a problem because of poor land management. Used to, wildfires kept them out of grasslands because they catch fire easy. But since wildfires were aggressively suppressed for over a century, it has allowed this pioneer species to overtake other species.

A weed is just a plant in the wrong place. We should be grateful we have a native tree species that requires nearly no maintenance when used appropriately.
    Using a cedar tree as landscaping around a house is very different than having them in an open field area like this. A few years ago, when I was living in Mustang. a field near my housing addition caught fire with a lot of those trees. It was very dangerous. Keeping those trees in that area is not a good idea.

I disagree on characterizing this as an open field, but I'll leave the discussion alone.

Apparently this development meets KFOR’s definition of what an upscale lifestyle center is:

A new upscale mixed-use lifestyle development in Oklahoma City broke ground on Friday.
    https://kfor.com/news/local/new-reta...ground-in-okc/

That’s the language used in the very first post in this thread. Time will tell if it truly is “upscale.”

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Apparently this development meets KFOR’s definition of what an upscale lifestyle center is:

https://kfor.com/news/local/new-reta...ground-in-okc/
    That description is from a press release.

A development that has a Homeland grocery store as its centerpiece is not "upscale."

With the demographics of that area, that spot could have been a Trader Joes. Or, dare I say, a Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    A development that has a Homeland grocery store as its centerpiece is not "upscale."

With the demographics of that area, that spot could have been a Trader Joes. Or, dare I say, a Whole Foods.
    Still more highfalutin' than a Piggly Wiggly!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That description is from a press release.
    I just found it weird it was described as a lifestyle center. I suppose it technically will be given the neighborhood it is part of but I doubt they will provide a direct connection as most developers don’t seem to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Still more highfalutin' than a Piggly Wiggly!
    I can’t remember exactly where but I went into a Piggly Wiggly one time and it was pretty nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post

I don't know. Homeland doesn't have the reputation yet, but the new one on Lincoln is pretty good and can be easily upscaled even more in this location. Homeland seems to be "getting it:.

I live in the area and I don't think it'll be "upscale". It'll be just like every other shopping center with a grocery store as an anchor. It'll have a nail salon, donut shop, boutique, expensive gym, hair salon, and a few restaurants. Hopefully they'll be patient and put in good tenants. There was originally talk of Sprouts, Trade Joe's or Whole Foods, but that was a couple developers back. There's already a sex shop, vape shop, weed shop, and a lash salon directly across the street on May, but I'm sure they'll add those too.

Homeland has filed their building permit application for this development.

Will be very similar to their last store at NE 36th & Lincoln, which is a good thing as that store is very nice. However, this one will be larger at 35,326 square feet vs. 30,326. They are also spending $9 million just for the building, not including furniture, fixtures and equipment so I suspect the finishes will be even higher.

If you look closely at the 2nd image below, there will be a covered outdoor seating area to the left of the entrance, similar to the Lincoln store. Also, you can see a big area to the left as you walk in, which will be a deli and likely 2-3 spots for outside food vendors.

This looks like it will be the nicest grocery store in the OKC area, apart from maybe Whole Foods.

I still don't know why they put in so many check out lanes when they usually only have 2 open... I'm kidding, but here at the Yukon store I have never seen more than 3 lanes open at busier times and usually only 1 open, with the person also taking care of the self-check lanes.

^

All grocery stores do this as does almost every big box store.

I'm sure it's for the rare holiday-shopping weekends where they get overrun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

All grocery stores do this as does almost every big box store.

I'm sure it's for the rare holiday-shopping weekends where they get overrun.

I'll give credit to the Edmond Crest, consistently at busy times (Saturday afternoon, pre-ice or snow, etc) they will have almost all 22 or 24 lanes open with a cashier and bagger.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I'll give credit to the Edmond Crest, consistently at busy times (Saturday afternoon, pre-ice or snow, etc) they will have almost all 22 or 24 lanes open with a cashier and bagger.
    And if that's not enough, the execs from upstairs come down and help.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I still don't know why they put in so many check out lanes when they usually only have 2 open... I'm kidding, but here at the Yukon store I have never seen more than 3 lanes open at busier times and usually only 1 open, with the person also taking care of the self-check lanes.
    The Homeland I go to at May and Britton normally has 2 to 4 lanes open at one time. It's just a waste of employee time to keep a large number open when they can easily call employees to man more lanes when needed and that is what normally happens if the lanes get backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    The Homeland I go to at May and Britton normally has 2 to 4 lanes open at one time. It's just a waste of employee time to keep a large number open when they can easily call employees to man more lanes when needed and that is what normally happens if the lanes get backed up.
    I shop at that store as well. I really, really like it. Like it much more that Uptown actually.

21. Default Re: Rose Creek Plaza

Homeland is already planning for the extra load on distribution that this store will create. I've been impressed with what I hear about the way the new management is doing things.

the bridge was just completed .. (or is almost completed ) also of note is the almost 20 foot of elevation difference from the back to front of this lot ..

Broadway 10, Sidecar and Hatch planned for Rose Creek Plaza

Press release:

Provision Concepts’ popular chophouse, brunch destination & craft cocktail bar soon to make their way to new West Edmond development.

Oklahoma based restaurant group, Provision Concepts, announces new locations for three of their highly desired concepts: Broadway 10 Bar & Chophouse, Hatch Early Mood Food & Sidecar Barley & Wine Bar. These three stores will serve guests in the new Rose Creek Plaza development located at the northwest corner of NW 164th and May Avenue.

Provision Concepts was founded by Jeff Dixon, who opened his first restaurant in December of 2014. Eight years later the restaurant group has eight brands, twelve current locations and nine stores under construction that expand into the suburbs of Edmond, Tulsa and Norman.
    Although many of PC’s brands like Hatch and Sidecar have multiple locations, this will be just the second storefront to open for Broadway 10 Bar & Chophouse. Dixon’s flagship restaurant, Broadway 10, is a unique fine-dining chophouse that has proven to be a massive success since its opening in December 2014.

“We are excited to join Skybridge Development’s new 28-acre Rose Creek Plaza development, serving North OKC and Edmond guests,” said Dixon. “We are thrilled to announce the addition of Provision Concepts’ most sought after brands to Rose Creek Plaza. Broadway 10, Hatch, and Sidecar are staples in the OKC food & beverage scene that compliment the exquisite and vibrant lifestyle center we are creating with Rose Creek Plaza,” said Steven Callendar, Skybridge Development’s COO.

About Provision Concepts:
    Since its founding in 2014, Provision Concepts has established itself as one of the premiere hospitality groups in Oklahoma. With years of combined professional hospitality experience, nine original concepts, and millions served, guests can expect impressive cuisine with evolving menus, casual yet sophisticated atmospheres and genuine hospitality at each of its
    restaurants.

For more information, please visit www.eatdrinkpc.com

Thread Information