Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Ogle out of News 9

Default Kelly Ogle out of News 9

The Lost Ogle is reporting Kelly Ogle is out at news 9. I haven't watched the local news in a while. Has he been on a lot?

Default Re: Kelly Ogle out of News 9

that's wild

For the last couple years, I've thought he was just awful on there. I've commented to friends that he often appears as if he's in pain while on the set, sort of hunched over, etc. Anyway, it'd be good to get some new blood in there.

So... What happened? Or are they just trying to get some youthful energy in there?

Maybe The Lost Ogle is looking to sale? Kelly Ogle is now officially The Lost Ogle.

Also, you start to wonder if trouble was brewing last year. That may not have been entirely his decision or he is just physically exhausted these days.
    https://www.news9.com/story/6074c8c5...l-announcement

NO insider knowledge, but, these kind of changes are often ratings driven.

Long overdue, he just seems bitter. That's my 2 cents.

Exactly! Seemed judgmental and pompous.

He's doing his usual schtick on Ch 4 news right now.

So whats up with a lost ogle rumor?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    He's doing his usual schtick on Ch 4 news right now.

So whats up with a lost ogle rumor?
    Read the thread title and your post and try again.

^^^^^ Kelly Ogle is at work right now on Ch 9 live right now, he's not gone.

Maybe he'll be gone soon. I don't know. But he's there now. And I read the Lost Ogle website posting alledging he was dumped earlier. Maybe, like a jilted boyfriend dumped by his girlfriend he's back now. I dunno. Perhaps there's the equivalent of a 2 week notice to quit, or be fired.

To me, when you're dumped, you're gone. Out the door. Keys taken away. Don't come back. Period. But maybe this is different.
    You'll have to explain that one to me.

Nothing personal but I never cared for him, he just didn't have that warmth and likeability, at least to me.

They probably do need to bring in new talent.

My take on this, so far, is just unsubstantiated rumor.

It’s the end of an era in Oklahoma City TV news!

Although we’re still waiting for official confirmation, we’re hearing via the Ogle Mole Network that longtime News 9 evening anchor Kelly Ogle – son of Jack, brother of Kevin, uncle of Abigail, and a proud giver of his two cents – was alleged dumped by News 9 earlier this week, explaining his recent absence from that station’s 6pm and 10pm news broadcasts.

(Update: Since we’ve hit the publish button, some Ogle Mole dispatches are telling us Kelly may stay employed at the channel, but away from the anchor desk.

Kevin Ogle on 4 can't get the words out anymore either. Messing up all the time.

He will probably be next to go.

https://twitter.com/TheLostOgle/stat...364974592?s=20 But I talked to a friend tonight with real inside knowledge and he said he was pretty much out and it wasn't pretty how it went down.

Now I see the muddy pic has been cleaned up a bit.

I kind of feel sorry for him, but I also think that at his age, and given the money he's made, it's time to retire and enjoy life while he still can before it's too late.

I know the person who is the HR head at Ch 9, but I don't know her that well to ask her, and I doubt she'd tell me much, if any at all, of the situation.

It's a dog eat dog world, and once you realize you're wearing Milk Bone underwear, things become much more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    The Lost Ogle is reporting Kelly Ogle is out at news 9. I haven't watched the local news in a while. Has he been on a lot?
    Never have been a fan of his. He can't help but let his Okie opinions misinform his reading of the news. I haven't watched that station in years. I made the mistake of watching News 9's embarrassing coverage of the George Floyd protests, with Jim Gardner calling my friends terrorists and members of Antifa, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Never have been a fan of his. He can't help but let his Okie opinions misinform his reading of the news. I haven't watched that station in years. I made the mistake of watching News 9's embarrassing coverage of the George Floyd protests, with Jim Gardner calling my friends terrorists and members of Antifa, lol.
    not agreeing or disagreeing with your point, but kwtv won a regional emmy for their coverage. Watch | Facebook

It seems to me that when Kelly Ogle fell in his garage, that was the beginning of the end. It also didn't look good when his niece Katelyn left KWTV for KFOR. The quality of news reporting at KWTV also has gone downhill (with the exception of Alex Cameron). Too many Tulsa/KOTV filler stories and not enough OKC reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheLostOgle/stat...364974592?s=20 But I talked to a friend tonight with real inside knowledge and he said he was pretty much out and it wasn't pretty how it went down.
    Yeah, I doubt he is going to be doing "special reports", he is pretty much gone. That's a force retirement, where they pretty much upset you so much you make the decision to quick.

Good ole Saint Fentanyl Floyd, the gift that keeps on giving

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    It seems to me that when Kelly Ogle fell in his garage, that was the beginning of the end. It also didn't look good when his niece Katelyn left KWTV for KFOR. The quality of news reporting at KWTV also has gone downhill (with the exception of Alex Cameron). Too many Tulsa/KOTV filler stories and not enough OKC reporting.
    They need to go back to reading OKCTalk content on the air, something they used to do a great deal of, and I've never spoken to them at all.

My biggest gripe about the local news is the follow up to any story is abysmal. Maybe 3% have an update.

Also, "Breaking -- Shooting in NW OKC" but the address is 301 N. Classen.

You have to wonder how much longer local TV news will even be around.

As it is, most of the interest is driven by weather but that is mainly due to older people choosing to get their information that way. Obviously, that is changing like everything else in news delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

As it is, most of the interest is driven by weather but that is mainly due to older people choosing to get their information that way. Obviously, that is changing like everything else in news delivery.
    I guess this is why I've always supported News 9. They are the only locals left.

I think you're absolutely right, Pete. For me, local television news was already falling out of my grace before Gary England was let go, but at that point I was already skipping the news and changing it over at 10:17 at night when his segment came on. Now we never have it on. His successor comes across so arrogant on TV I can't stand it, and I don't want to have a stroke brought on by his severe weather coverage. But as for the news, and I don't care really for any of the other traditional news either. I'd probably tune in to Michael Armstrong if he were a chief, but I don't even care about traditional local weather coverage anymore. When any weather of importance comes on, I get my information from an online local source that is pretty good IMO.

25. Default Re: Kelly Ogle out of News 9

Ha! I'm older and I come to OKCTalk and use a couple of apps for weather.

Thread Information