Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hot Pot Heroes

Asian District Hot Pot Heroes

Has anyone tried this place, in the strip mall on Classen between NW 27th and NW 28th? I'm interested in trying a hot pot concept but the reviews I'm reading seem fairly lukewarm so I'm wondering if I'd be better off making the trip to Stillwater for Tokyo Pot instead.

2. Default Re: Hot Pot Heroes

I have tried it and enjoyed it. Was my first time experiencing Szechuan Peppercorns too. I also recommend the chicken wings.

Tokyo Pot is Japanese Shabu Shabu and Hot Pot Heroes is Chinese Hot Pot.... Similar in style but there are some variations between the two.... Broth is different for sure.... Japanese Shabu broth, made with kombu kelp, is more delicately flavored where Chinese Hot Pot broth is pretty potent in flavor and definitely more salty.

As far as shabu shabu I like Muu Shabu in Edmond more than I did Tokyo Pot but I haven't been to Muu Shabu since before the pandemic and I have heard some things have changed.

Well and the other reason I haven't been back is I love shabu so much that my fiance just bought us a pot so we can have it at home whenever we want.

Default Re: Hot Pot Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post

As far as shabu shabu I like Muu Shabu in Edmond more than I did Tokyo Pot but I haven't been to Muu Shabu since before the pandemic and I have heard some things have changed.
    I've heard that there are more options. I didn't bother to go much further than that.

Thread Information