Widgets Magazine

Thread: List of OKC Restaurants

Default List of OKC Restaurants

I have a friend coming into town later this week, and he'll be staying for a couple weeks. We plan to eat out quite a bit, so I'm trying to do a little research before he gets here so I can have a list of restaurants we can work from when deciding where to eat. I can put together a list myself, but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone keeps a list or spreadsheet that they'd be willing to share? Or does anyone have suggestions for places we NEED to try? I haven't eaten out much since the pandemic, so there are lots of places I haven't even tried myself yet. If it helps, I live near the Founders District, but we'd be willing to drive anywhere in the city. I'm looking for all types of food and price points, so I can't narrow it down more than that!

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions!

Default Re: List of OKC Restaurants

Here's a list we send to people coming to town. It's not been updated much and I would like to make it more complete. But it captures a lot of the good places near where we live.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...A6&usp=sharing

^

That's a great list.

I'd add the Jones Assembly. It's my first choice for out-of-towners as it's not only very good, it's super impressive. The new Mary Eddy's right next door is stunning.

Harvey Bakery is another super cool setting.

I haven't been there but have heard many good things about Jimmy B's. And Cheever's may still be my all-time favorite in terms of a nicer sit-down place.

If they like steak, both Red and Broadway 10 are beautiful settings.

The Parlor and The Collective are more casual, but fun with lots of choices and both are great examples of adaptive reuse.

And I still really like Republic.

Gabriella's on 63rd is solid red-sauce Italian in a really neat setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

That's a great list.

I'd add the Jones Assembly. It's my first choice for out-of-towners as it's not only very good, it's super impressive. The new Mary Eddy's right next door is stunning.

Harvey Bakery is another super cool setting.

I haven't been there but have heard many good things about Jimmy B's. And Cheever's may still be my all-time favorite in terms of a nicer sit-down place.

If they like steak, both Red and Broadway 10 are beautiful settings.

The Parlor and The Collective are more casual, but fun with lots of choices and both are great examples of adaptive reuse.

Gabriella's on 63rd is solid red-sauce Italian in a really neat setting.
    Made these additions. Thanks Pete! We are big fans of Jones Assembly (and the others) as well.

Both very helpful lists! Thank you!

This is a little outdated, but we've done something similar with a google doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

7. Default Re: List of OKC Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Went there for the first time in years on Sunday at lunch. The food was still great, but what was surprising is that it wasn't jammed like it always was 5-10 years ago. It was one of the few modern and interesting options in the city at that time, but now with SO many terrific options, you could actually walk in and get a table on Sunday at noon. When I first moved here in 2009, it was one of the hottest spots in the city. What was heartening was that it was still really good, albeit more expensive than last time. Burgers used to be $10 for as long as I can remember, but now they are $13.

Michael's Grill near Founders District is a great place in a very nondescript strip mall off May Ave at Grand. Sheesh Mahal is a beloved Pakistani-Indian place at May between 45th and 47th. Right outside of Founders District, the Mediterranean Deli is really good for lunch right there at United Founders and May on the east side of May.

Ma Der Lao in the Plaza is really unique/well-done, IMO. Same with Cafe Antigua and/or Cafe Kacao for breakfast, I prefer Antigua of the two though I think I'm in the minority on that.

Two restaurants that we absolutely love are Frida and Jimmy B’s.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Ma Der Lao in the Plaza is really unique/well-done, IMO. Same with Cafe Antigua and/or Cafe Kacao for breakfast, I prefer Antigua of the two though I think I'm in the minority on that.
    There are dozens of us, dozens! I could go for a mayan rice/lomito right now...

Thread Information