Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grove Marketplace (Portland Power Center)

Default Re: Portland Power Center

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Given the ROW preserved there should be enough room for an 8-10 freeway let alone a 4 lane facility. This is the one road I see in Oklahoma where sufficient ROW is preserved for a freeway conversion.
    Well, if they can fit service roads within that ROW then sure. You know how it goes, if there is no service road, these business will throw a fit when you take away their curb cuts and ODOT backs down.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Well, if they can fit service roads within that ROW then sure. You know how it goes, if there is no service road, these business will throw a fit when you take away their curb cuts and ODOT backs down.
    I would imagine they will continue the service roads as they did to 150th st

Oh man, as someone who is moving up just north of Waterloo in that area soon, I would love for there to be a grocery here. Right now its either Uptown off of Covell or Walmart/Crest off of 164th, both of which are a bit of a haul.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Currently everything north of 164 and west of Portland is mostly out of city limits so as it stands probably won’t develop at as dense as it will likely be larger lot communities but that can quickly change
    Apparently OKC just annexed some more land into city limits in this area this week. Wouldn’t be shocked if this keeps happening since this is where a lot of growth is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Apparently OKC just annexed some more land into city limits in this area this week. Wouldn’t be shocked if this keeps happening since this is where a lot of growth is happening.
    link?? / where did you hear this??

^

It's 160 acres; 1/4 of a square mile.

thanks

If anything they need to de-annex portions of Oklahoma City.

Especially sprawled sections in south Oklahoma City that run into and around Moore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    link?? / where did you hear this??
    There was an annexation in city council on Tuesday, which I lamented on Twitter, but not sure if it's this specific area being referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    There was an annexation in city council on Tuesday, which I lamented on Twitter, but not sure if it's this specific area being referenced.
    It's not this area.

Blog Entries

ah okay

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City continues to grow with this recent annexation. Strange this was on the agenda and approved with Mayor Holt absent.

Everyone wants better and faster services. Having lived briefly in several different states besides Oklahoma, this all has a familiar ring.

This rezoning opens more areas of the city for development.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I drove that section last week and made a mental note that it appeared the land had been graded for overpasses and limited access already.
    A grade separation project for the intersection with 164th is on the ODOT 8 Year Plan:
    https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan...ictokc_map.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    A grade separation project for the intersection with 164th is on the ODOT 8 Year Plan:
    https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan...ictokc_map.pdf
    Should have been done with 150th but you know no debt by ODOT

Updated site plan:
    https://retailproperties.cbre.us/pro...plan/22823.pdf

No Big Box store in the site plan. Stores about the size of Five Below, Old Navy, PetSmart, and smaller strip mall stores in the mix of about 7000 square feet. Also, on the north end of the property a proposed medical facility.

Fast Food proposed for the out parcels, along with a car wash and credit union.

These plans change a lot, but interesting no large grocery store or similar being proposed at this time, given the location that could not only pull from the immediate highly populated area, but also up to Crescent, Kingfisher, Piedmont .

Yeah a supermarket would've been nice, but I'm hoping those restaurants aren't fast food. There's not a lot of good sit down places in that area. The plan doesn't show drive-thrus but rather show outdoor patio seating.

The traffic at that intersection is already bad around rush hour, this is gonna make it worse. I wish they would've kept the freeway all the way to Waterloo rather than lights.

Any word on this? My home is being built very close to this proposed retail development, and I am curious about this. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mandvw13 View Post
    Any word on this? My home is being built very close to this proposed retail development, and I am curious about this. Thank you!
    No, nothing yet.

A new Buffalo Wild Wings is in the works for the SE corner of NW 164th & Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, nothing yet.

A new Buffalo Wild Wings is in the works for the SE corner of NW 150th & Portland.
    SE?
    Like next to Francis Tuttle? Any of the other three corners of 150th and Portland Make more sense

My bad. I meant 164th. I changed my post.

Quote Originally Posted by mandvw13 View Post
    The plans are tentative, and tenant mix is liking to change given the size of the project. However, given the high housing density to the south and east of this project, access to highway (Portland) and higher household income demographics, my guess is that it will look like other comparable strip centers in the area. There may be enough density and distance to finally pull this area away from the Quail Springs Corridor, similar to how the areas around Rockwell and MacArthur are gaining their own identity separate from the radius of Penn/Memorial.

Thank you so much for the info, Pete and scottk! I appreciate it. I sure hope there is enough retail development in this particular area to pull it away from Quail Springs. I’ve lived in the Quail Springs area for most of the last 16 years, so I would love to never have to go near it for anything again.

Rumor was posted to a social media page that Crest is looking to expand either in this center or somewhere else near 178th and Portland.

Can't find any new permits filed with OKC, unless they would be building it just outside of city limits on 178th, which seems unlikely.

Thread Information