Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

A lot can change in 4 months but September UA schedule as 2x daily mainline (738, 320) to IAH and 1x daily to DEN (739) in addition to the RJ’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcopel90 View Post
    I'd rather pull out my toenails than fly AA again. They dumped me off in Dallas after a 3+ hour mechanical delay (couldn't get the cargo door opened) and said the next available flight back to Stillwater was more than 24 hours away. Offered me a $12 food voucher and said they would put me up in a hotel about 10 miles away from the airport (they said they 'didn't do' hotel stays in the DFW airport itself). Rep at the counter said they couldn't fly me into OKC despite having a flight with available seats leaving DFW in about an hour.
    My son flew home last month from New Orleans to OKC on AA last month. 540 am flight with 2 hour layover in DFW. Called at 4 am and said flight delayed till 230 pm and that he would have to overnight in Dallas. We finally managed to get him home the same day but took New Orleans to Charlotte to Chicago to OKC and 12 hours.

3. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    A lot can change in 4 months but September UA schedule as 2x daily mainline (738, 320) to IAH and 1x daily to DEN (739) in addition to the RJ’s.
    Welcome progress. The high volume of E45s to both IAH and DEN has been painful.

4. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I think everyone needs to take deep breaths if traveling this summer. I think everyone is overwhelmed on all sides and need to practice patience. I have 6 trips via AA (One Alaska) starting next week thru Sept (DFW, GRR, PNS, MHT, EGE, SEA) so I'll be able to report back after switching my allegiances from SWA. Fingers crossed all goes well.

AA is running fine, seems like every time i fly out of Dallas it gets hit by weather so far this year. Nothing they can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    AA is running fine, seems like every time i fly out of Dallas it gets hit by weather so far this year. Nothing they can do about that.
    Agreed - I've had ~40 flights out of OKC this year alone so far on AA. I've had 'trouble' one time (and that was weather related) that forced me to overnight near DFW. AA has their act together pretty well right now compared to others.

OKC-Detroit on Delta, which was axed in April 2020 and slated to come back this fall, is no longer coming back.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...oston-detroit/

I flew to Denver and Salt Lake City earlier this month and for some reason the local airport was the only one not offering newspapers for sale. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    OKC-Detroit on Delta, which was axed in April 2020 and slated to come back this fall, is no longer coming back.

Delta ended TUL-DTW as well. And TUL-MSP. Hope both come back especially MSP.

10. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Glad Delta got all those new gates

11. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post

Those shiny new gates sure are nice though.

Decent month of April.
    After a weird March where Delta had 66k passenger and United only 22k, we are back to normal. 42k for Delta and 44k for UA.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

13. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Decent month of April.
    After a weird March where Delta had 66k passenger and United only 22k, we are back to normal. 42k for Delta and 44k for UA.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf
    March has spring break. I don't think it's uncommon for it to be higher than April. Just looking at April 2019:
    AA had 99k; 96k now.
    Delta had 53k; 43k now.
    SW had 118k; 107k now.
    UA had 63k; 45k now.
    Total was 352k; 305k now.

14. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I flew to Denver and Salt Lake City earlier this month and for some reason the local airport was the only one not offering newspapers for sale. Strange.
    The Denver newspaper isn't worth the $ anymore. Alden Global Capital is a hedge fund that bought it a few years ago and, like the Oklahoman, completely gutted the paper. I haven't touched a newspaper in probably 5 years. Online is the reality.

Interesting new grant program that aims to draw more direct flights to Oklahoma airports https://www.news9.com/story/627e5dde...KqOdsG7RHeSW-I

What is going to happen with ticket prices? It's crazy expensive to fly this summer. Which airlines take the biggest hit out of OKC?

Yeah I was going book a flight to OKC absolutely stupid prices. I’ll drive instead.

It’s everywhere. $105 barrel of oil will do that.

FYI have a friend that trades and supplies jet fuel to the major airlines. Expect a ton of cancellations this summer due to shortages.

So be interesting to see what happens. I would think June, July, Aug numbers for people flying might be ok as they booked those flights months ago it will be the fall season I think that will take a big hit. I priced some things for Aug, Sept, Oct and nope it's crazy high.

I noticed Breeze removed the ability to book the OKC-Nashville flight and the ability to book the OKC-Tampa flight ends on 9/3/22. Other city pairs are bookable to TPA into next year (Tulsa also ends 9/3/22, however)

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    I noticed Breeze removed the ability to book the OKC-Nashville flight and the ability to book the OKC-Tampa flight ends on 9/3/22. Other city pairs are bookable to TPA into next year (Tulsa also ends 9/3/22, however)
    Isn’t the Tampa flight seasonal (summer only)?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Isn’t the Tampa flight seasonal (summer only)?
    I thought the airline started service last fall, so I think it was year round.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I know this was high on the wish list. SEA on Alaska would probably be the next highest priority along with SFO. Really wish United would restart IAD for international connections. Selfishly as a Southwest FF I hope to see service from TUL to BWI, BNA and ATL for eastern connections

Man, all momentum OKC had with the new gates is gone. Down to nothing. Pathetic how this city bumbled the expansion, and now the airport is losing more routes than gaining.

Thread Information