Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

1. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Yeah, getting up that early doesn't even register to me. If that's the only direct option I might as well just fly in the night before and get a good nights sleep. Little surprised the return is so late though, considering most cruise ships get back into port fairly early in the morning. Makes sense to have it that late if you are connecting back from the Caribbean tho.

Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I flew United mainline last night from Houston to OKC(A320). It was full. I also received a notification for a flight to Denver later this summer that was changed from a -175 to a 737-900 . Talk about an upguage in equipment!

Also, just randomly poking around. How long has Southwest been running a 530am flight from Denver to OKC ?

Seems extremely early for a flight leg like that.

3. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    I flew United mainline last night from Houston to OKC(A320). It was full. I also received a notification for a flight to Denver later this summer that was changed from a -175 to a 737-900 . Talk about an upguage in equipment!

Also, just randomly poking around. How long has Southwest been running a 530am flight from Denver to OKC ?

Seems extremely early for a flight leg like that.
    That's good. I wish for once United would be CONSISTENT. I'm glad we decided to drive to Denver this weekend. Nothing but CRJ-200 and ERJ-145s as far as the eye can see. Ugh. Our next trip up there later this year it doesn't work for us to drive so I'm trying to decide if I should trust the E-175s currently in the schedule (which I'd be perfectly happy with) or fly Cattlewest, er, Southwest.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    That's good. I wish for once United would be CONSISTENT. I'm glad we decided to drive to Denver this weekend. Nothing but CRJ-200 and ERJ-145s as far as the eye can see. Ugh. Our next trip up there later this year it doesn't work for us to drive so I'm trying to decide if I should trust the E-175s currently in the schedule (which I'd be perfectly happy with) or fly Cattlewest, er, Southwest.
    The Embraer E 170\5 and 190\5 were just such nice treat when they arrived to replace the CRJ and ERJ 145. So roomier.

Just went to NoLa last week and was surprised to have an A 321, full or close to, on my DFW flight from OKC. It seems more common that I think but a first out of OKC for me. Surely the biggest passenger plane working in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    The Embraer E 170\5 and 190\5 were just such nice treat when they arrived to replace the CRJ and ERJ 145. So roomier.

Just went to NoLa last week and was surprised to have an A 321, full or close to, on my DFW flight from OKC. It seems more common that I think but a first out of OKC for me. Surely the biggest passenger plane working in OKC.
    the 8 (or is it 9?) dailies to DFW on AA making getting anywhere in the country pretty easy if a direct isn't available. A huge asset.

6. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post

I was on an A319 from DFW to OKC back in early May. This coming Wednesday I'm on an A321 coming back. Looking forward to it

Blog Entries

Texarkana is one thing, but San Diego/LAX is surprising (that they couldn't make it work)

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...diego-shuttle/

LAX-SAN is a loss leader route. No one ever makes money on such short flights, they exist primarily to support connections through a hub. Similar to DEN-COS. LAX has steadily been reduced from a major connection hub to a large focus city. Any SAN-LAX traffic can flow through SFO, DEN, and IAH with little to no backtracking. That aircraft and (more importantly) crew can better be utilized elsewhere.

More surprised by Flagstaff than any of the rest.

9. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Looks like it's only AA in Flag now unless I'm missing something

10. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Texarkana is one thing, but San Diego/LAX is surprising (that they couldn't make it work)

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...diego-shuttle/
    I flew SAN-LAX in the 90s sometime on an American Eagle Saab 340. They flew relatively low right along the coast for the 25 minute flight--very memorable.

11. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I was on an A319 from DFW to OKC back in early May. This coming Wednesday I'm on an A321 coming back. Looking forward to it
    Was on an A321 a couple weeks ago. They're nice. On a couple more over the next couple weeks. They're nice to have in OKC.

Was on an A321 a couple weeks ago. They're nice. On a couple more over the next couple weeks. They're nice to have in OKC.
    How do they compare to the 737?

13. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I've only flown first class on the A321 and that's what I'll be in on future trips (AA, FAA, and Lord willing, since that's what I have booked). But first is very similar, really. No real difference except some 737-800s have a real bulkhead between first and main as a recall. I've heard grumbling about the main cabin on the A321 and 737 Max I haven't flown those cabins and if I do I'll do everything I can to be in MCE.

I've only flown first class on the A321 and that's what I'll be in on future trips (AA, FAA, and Lord willing, since that's what I have booked). But first is very similar, really. No real difference except some 737-800s have a real bulkhead between first and main as a recall. I've heard grumbling about the main cabin on the A321 and 737 Max I haven't flown those cabins and if I do I'll do everything I can to be in MCE.
    What do you mean by MCE, is that an airport code or some lingo concerning airplane seat class?

It is American's premium economy product. Main Cabin Extra.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Ah, thank you.

17. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

yeah we ended up missing that flight but they put us on another flight in the AM which was also a A321. It was real nice. First class is nice too plus like you said the MCE is top notch. With my status I get those for "free" now and it's totally worth it.

Anyone know how loads have been on Breeze out of OKC? New airline, but I hate it when flights aren't daily.

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Anyone know how loads have been on Breeze out of OKC? New airline, but I hate it when flights aren't daily.
    Breeze is basically about to be gone from OKC, according to Wikipedia (which, no one really messes with airport pages there, since, who cares).

I flew in Breeze recently. It was not full to TPA or back to OKC, but I’d estimate maybe 75% of the seats were filled (I’m admittedly a bad estimator). But, I did check on their website and the flights end out of OKC next month and nothing has been added back to the schedule later on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    In general the economy class seats on the A320 series aircraft are approximately 1 inch wider than on the 737s. Only an inch but makes a huge difference IMO. Airbus is really taking Boeing to the cleaners lately. F seats are all garbage now on AA (on the planes with the new Oasis interiors anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    MCE isn't "premium economy" - it's regular economy with extra legroom. Similar to "economy plus" on United. I know you know this but just so others aren't confused. Premium economy is an entirely separate cabin/class on widebodies.

Our airport has lost more destinations in 2022 than it has gained. Losing Breeze sucks. OKC really needs more of a business base.

24. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I got upgraded to Premium Class on Alaska for my trip in August to SEA. Anyone flown in those seats? I assume they are very similar to MCE on AA. TIA

According to Breeze, their service here is listed as "seasonal". So, will have to see if they return next year. I hate the "seasonal" service. Hard to build brand loyalty when you're inconsistent

Thread Information