Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Nice, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Nice, finally.
    Hopefully they chose the subway extension. The air train was a joke I am happy Cuomo's pet project died. Between this and the Brooklyn-Queens HRT link this area will really have some great new transit connections.

3. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Um, physically closer, sure, but there is NO directly connected subway at LGA (or intuitive way to get to the subway). To get to Manhattan, you either have to get a Taxi/Uber/Lyft, or take a bus to the closest subway station and then take the subway to Manhattan. Transit wise that's an hour-ish to central park (total time depends on where in Manhattan you're going obvs)...
    Black car service…the bonus being there’s a dude standing there holding a sign with your name on it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hopefully they chose the subway extension. The air train was a joke I am happy Cuomo's pet project died. Between this and the Brooklyn-Queens HRT link this area will really have some great new transit connections.
    The air train at JFK is fine IMO. I know you meant the elevated rail in the proposal, just saying if they just did the same thing it'd be great. Subway extension is great but expensive and slow.

Also, another thing I like about JFK transit links is if you take the air train one direction you connect to brooklyn trains toward manhattan, or if you take the air train the other direction you end up deeper in queens at a station that gets you just about anywhere else in queens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Black car service…the bonus being there’s a dude standing there holding a sign with your name on it!
    Yeah my sister lives in Brooklyn and uses car services a lot, even from JFK. She just doesn't want to deal. By contrast her bf is like me and always uses JFK because transit.

The air train at JFK is fine IMO. I know you meant the elevated rail in the proposal, just saying if they just did the same thing it'd be great. Subway extension is great but expensive and slow.

Also, another thing I like about JFK transit links is if you take the air train one direction you connect to brooklyn trains toward manhattan, or if you take the air train the other direction you end up deeper in queens at a station that gets you just about anywhere else in queens.
    The air train proposal is dead. It was widely unpopular and was finally killed by the acting governor: https://www.anewlga.com/airtrain/

Subway expansion is slow and expensive but is worthwhile in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    the best way in NYC and chicago

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the best way in NYC and chicago
    At least in Chicago the orange and blue lines are direct, relatively cheap, and easy. Not everyone can afford black car service.

Anyone fly Allegiant lately out of OKC. Thinking of using them to Vegas but I know they have had some major issues in the past. Have they cleaned thing up. Don't hear about them in the news as much as you did a few years ago.

HangryHippo Guest

Per TPG, OKC and Tulsa picking up new flights to Nashville on Breeze Airways. OKC flights will be on Mondays and Fridays and begin June 3.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/breeze...220-transcons/

11. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Per TPG, OKC and Tulsa picking up new flights to Nashville on Breeze Airways. OKC flights will be on Mondays and Fridays and begin June 3.

That's great. I typically stick to the established and/or legacy carriers. But you have to respect what Neeleman does. I would definitely consider flying Breeze if I was going to one of the destinations they flew to from OKC. I wish they would add Jacksonville as we go like to go to Amelia Island (and would go more if there were non-stop flights) and Charleston. But I bet we use the Tampa flight sooner rather than later. Since it's stuck around I hope we can count on it.

12. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

And using A220 aircraft no less. Awesome news.

this is already bookable on the Breeze website .. as low as 140 round trip the opening weekend .. (june)

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Anyone fly Allegiant lately out of OKC. Thinking of using them to Vegas but I know they have had some major issues in the past. Have they cleaned thing up. Don't hear about them in the news as much as you did a few years ago.
    We did OKC to Orlando with Allegiant in December and didn't have any problems.

The flights schedule makes it totally work for a three day weekend. Great. I also think Southwest still flies to Nashville on Saturday.

For Allegiant, they clean their act. No more old MD and B757 and bad stories. After avoiding them for years, although I flew all the others airlines, I ll give them a try soon with an Orlando to OKC in 10 days.

16. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I've actually flew them a few times to Vegas recently and never had any issues. I've never flown them back due to better flight schedule from SWA. It's very bare bones so don't expect wifi or any free stuff.

17. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Also nice to see Breeze stick with it. I wish they wouldn't have given up on MSY so soon tho.

Press release:

Breeze Airways Announces Nonstop Service to Nashville International Airport

OKLAHOMA CITY, March 8, 2022 – Breeze Airways announced today that it will begin nonstop service from Oklahoma City’s Will Rogers World Airport to Nashville International Airport in Nashville, TN (BNA) beginning June 3, 2022, on their new Airbus A220 aircraft for $99 one-way.

“This is great news for Oklahoma City,” says Jeff Mulder, Airports Director. “Nashville is a popular destination for both leisure and business travelers. We appreciate Breeze’s commitment to our community by adding this great market for our passengers.”

Breeze has ordered 80 brand new Airbus A220-300 aircraft which will feature 126 seats, including 36 First Class seats in a two-by-two configuration, 10 Extra Legroom seats, and 80 Standard Economy seats in a two-by-three configuration,” said Breeze’s Founder and CEO David Neeleman. “With the A220, Breeze is giving our Guests the widest cabin, highest ceiling, largest windows, and the biggest overhead stowage in this class, while still managing to burn 25% less fuel, with half the noise footprint of past generations.”

The new Nashville service will operate seasonally this summer starting June 3. Guests may choose from three one-way price bundles that are offered as ‘Nice’, ‘Nicer’, and ‘Nicest’ service. Guests may even choose a Nice or Nicer bundle and buy an upgrade to a First Class seat.

Flights go on sale Tuesday, March 8 and may be booked through www.flybreeze.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I was wondering where the EWR flight went. Was planning a trip to NJ and didn't want to have to fly into LGA via AA.
    Ugh. So now Southwest doesn't fly to EWR at all and United has dropped its directs from OKC<-->EWR? Thumbs down.

Really interested to see how Breeze performs. This would be a great option with the A220 for connecting OKC/TUL to MSY (tried last year before it ended) and CHS, in addition to TPA and now BNA.

21. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I went ahead and vented to United a bit a couple weeks ago when they announced their latest round of service reductions and thought I'd share their (likely canned) response:

Hi Lance,

Reducing service in a city is never an easy decision, and I can understand your disappointment.

We want to deliver the service and schedules that you need, but sometimes there are operational limitations. Please know that we reevaluate our routes often, and I've shared your feedback with our Network Planning team.

Thank you for your continued loyalty, as a valued MileagePlus Elite member, and we look forward to welcoming you on board for your next getaway.

Regards,

Brenda
    Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I've actually flew them a few times to Vegas recently and never had any issues. I've never flown them back due to better flight schedule from SWA. It's very bare bones so don't expect wifi or any free stuff.
    Thanks for letting me know. I had an offer I couldn't refuse from MGM. Not sure how I got an offer for 4 free nights with No resort fees but I'll take it. I was checking flight first week of May and was able to book Allegiant for $73 one way for two. Than a one-way ticket back for $73. I had a coupon code and someone said to book one-way flights so I could use the code twice. So that is how I booked it. Coupon was for $25 off. So round trip for 2 of us with picking my seats and one carry on $146 total. $73 each. I could of done it for $82 round trip for 2 or $41 each if i let them choose my seats and no bag but since I was saying money already with the coupon I decided to use coupon money to reserve my seats and take a carry on. It it worth it to reserve seats on Allegiant. I wasn't sure how full the flight would be or how their seating works. I guess you get your seats when you check in?

United is back full force on the ERJ 145. A bit painful.

Anyway:
    https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nt%20Email.pdf

Press release from the airport:

Delta Announces Nonstop Service to New York’s LaGuardia Airport

OKLAHOMA CITY, March 15, 2022 – Delta Airlines announced today that it will begin nonstop service from Oklahoma City’s Will Rogers World Airport to New York City’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) beginning June 6, 2022. The new LaGuardia service will operate once daily.

“This is great news for Oklahoma City,” says Jeff Mulder, airports director. “New York LaGuardia has been a much sought-after destination; one that will greatly enhance the air service options for our leisure and business travelers. We appreciate Delta’s commitment to our community.”

With the addition of New York LaGuardia, Delta’s nonstop destinations from WRWA include Atlanta, Minneapolis, and Salt Lake City.

Flights are on sale now and can be booked at Delta.com.

HangryHippo Guest

Very nice!

Thread Information