Widgets Magazine

Thread: San Jose Co. Relocating HQ to Norman

Default San Jose Co. Relocating HQ to Norman

Aerospace and Marine International Moves Headquarters to Norman | News | normantranscript.com
    https://www.normantranscript.com/new...b97d77093.html

Default Re: San Jose Co. Relocating HQ to Norman

Good for Norman! More proof that businesses are starting in Cali, but leaving as soon as they can. Not massive, but still good news.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Good for Norman! More proof that businesses are starting in Cali, but leaving as soon as they can. Not massive, but still good news.
    But most California companies wanting out are moving to Texas or Tennessee. No wonder. Both states have no state income tax. To compete, Oklahoma needs to figure out how to get rid of its income tax. Cutting it by a tiny amount most every year takes too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    But most California companies wanting out are moving to Texas or Tennessee. No wonder. Both states have no state income tax. To compete, Oklahoma needs to figure out how to get rid of its income tax. Cutting it by a tiny amount most every year takes too long.
    But, Oklahomans will never allow a property tax increase. They couldn't allow it to fully go away. This state screwed itself by making all tax rate increases subject to a vote only the people.

You are right, though. But nothing can be done about it. McCall tried to get end of it, and was struck down immediately.

Though, to be fair, a lot of Texans in both parties are sick of the property tax handouts. It creates a system where the individuals have to pay for these incentives, and make up the difference. It will keep getting worse down there. They are lucky because they have those oil reserves which help support and fund everything. But not everything is paradise in Texas. Just throwing that out there.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-16186828.php

Actually Phoenix has exploded in the last 10 years due to corporate migration from Ca to the Valley. Az has state income tax, and I believe they are higher than in Oklahoma.

Not any jobs moving to Norman at this time, although future jobs are expected.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I would think the basic personnel of an HQ, like HR, CEO, CFO and support would make the move.?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Actually Phoenix has exploded in the last 10 years due to corporate migration from Ca to the Valley. Az has state income tax, and I believe they are higher than in Oklahoma.
    Not to put down Oklahoma but I'd imagine it is easier to convince those who live on the coast to move to Phoenix than OKC or Tulsa metros.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    The article says this

“Minimal jobs will move to Norman, at least for the foreseeable future, but based on their current growth rate I expect more to follow,”

Interesting though upon reading the article it says this is a company that provides weather routing for ships. I guess being close to the NWS HQ helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The article says this

“Minimal jobs will move to Norman, at least for the foreseeable future, but based on their current growth rate I expect more to follow,”

Interesting though upon reading the article it says this is a company that provides weather routing for ships. I guess being close to the NWS HQ helps.
    and one of their chief rivals, already has offices on the south campus..

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    and one of their chief rivals, already has offices on the south campus..
    I never would have thought we would have international maritime type companies HQ'd in OKC lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I never would have thought we would have international maritime type companies HQ'd in OKC lol
    i mean Weathernews is i think still technically out of Japan, but i know most of their Norman operations is on the maritime forcasting.

Blog Entries

Interesting article, was there some kind of press release from the Lieutenant Governor's Office. That's something he would want to step in and take credit for the relocation.

Important to see if 'The Quality Jobs Program-Act' is being use for relocation to Norman; hope they are the highest paying jobs that will eventually lead to construction of a large brick and mortar headquarters.

Thread Information