Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sun Cattle

1. Default Re: Sun Cattle

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    So do we believe Alton Brown or Mike Rowe?
    I'm going with Alton on this one. Sun Cattle is fine, but the beef tastes odd to me. The simplicity of the Bar Arbolada burger is so great and it's seasoned perfectly! I also enjoy their fries more than Sun Cattle's sides (i have not tried those onion rings, they looks bomb though). Both are good burgers, and don't surprise me for how good they are. I know the new season of the Burger Show came to Oklahoma, but I hope they tried both of these. https://youtu.be/u0MD2bR3TQ4

Default Re: Sun Cattle

Just got here at 11:20. Line is to the door and most of the tables are full.

No hate intended with this comment, but Mike Rowe has been doing a lot more paid endorsement stuff over the past few years. Petroleum Alliance and OERB brought him in to talk up the oil and gas industry with a bunch of different engagements last year. Not saying this is one of them, but people should know Mike Rowe's stuff isn't really 100% unbiased.

Went today. Got there at 11:20, ordered around 11:35. Got our food around noon. Out at 12:30. Onion rings were great, burger was great. Ironically, I didn't see a bunch of people standing around waiting for tables, so the people there were eating and leaving and that was great.

Will be back, but not at the top of my best burger list. That's just me personally.

5. Default Re: Sun Cattle

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

Will be back, but not at the top of my best burger list. That's just me personally.
    Same... It's a good burger in my opinion and It's the best burger within a 1 block walk from my office.

6. Default Re: Sun Cattle

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    No hate intended with this comment, but Mike Rowe has been doing a lot more paid endorsement stuff over the past few years. Petroleum Alliance and OERB brought him in to talk up the oil and gas industry with a bunch of different engagements last year. Not saying this is one of them, but people should know Mike Rowe's stuff isn't really 100% unbiased.
    Since when was an opinion unbiased?

Maybe "genuine review" would have been a better way to put it. Someone potentially getting paid (and I will admit there is no proof in this instance) definitely changes how much I believe their review.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    Mike Rowe just made a post about Sun Cattle on Facebook. He said it was the best burger he has ever had.
    So expect business to pick up!
    Apparently they are taking to go orders now according to their response to me on FB when I inquired when they would start

9. Default Re: Sun Cattle

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Maybe "genuine review" would have been a better way to put it. Someone potentially getting paid (and I will admit there is no proof in this instance) definitely changes how much I believe their review.
    I see? So because someone supports the O & G industry - you know, uses a car/truck, uses things that contain plastic like eyeglasses, computers, storage containers, shoes, airliners, electricity - those useless things, that you're going to question a hamburger review? Fully admitted without the slightest shred of evidence?

Apparently you've never seen him interviewed and actually give his point of view. It must be interesting living in a world where powerful & evil Oklahoma Bubba-Bilder-"Burgers" are able to pay off a multi-millionaire for a good cheeseburger review.

I went last night after the Snail Mail gig at Jones. It was outstanding! That’s a real deal onion burger and the interior is wonderful—kind of an updated, ever-so-slightly elevated Cattlemen’s.

Great atmosphere, great food, great service, and great prices. This place deserves your money and all of the praise it has received.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    Mike Rowe just made a post about Sun Cattle on Facebook. He said it was the best burger he has ever had.
    So expect business to pick up!
    Why do people care about this guy's food opinion? Isn't he a spokesmodel, like Flo from Progressive? Asking him about food seems like asking Boris Johnson who cuts his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Why do people care about this guy's food opinion? Isn't he a spokesmodel, like Flo from Progressive? Asking him about food seems like asking Boris Johnson who cuts his hair.
    Dude, it's a star-powered endorsement. He had his own fantastic show called Dirty Jobs that many folks loved and he still maintains a huge cult-like following. He's travelled all over the place in search of dirty jobs and it's taken him to all corners of the country including small town diners and eateries. I'm sure he knows a good burger.

13. Default Re: Sun Cattle

I’ve driven by a couple of times in the past few days and the line was quite literally out the door

14. Default Re: Sun Cattle

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    He had his own fantastic show called Dirty Jobs that many folks loved and he still maintains a huge cult-like following.

Does he thought? What has he done in the decade plus since his show ended? How many people under 40 even know who he is?

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Does he thought? What has he done in the decade plus since his show ended? How many people under 40 even know who he is?
    The guy has over 1M followers on Instagram alone, but I'm not here to argue his popularity. If you don't understand celebrity endorsements then I really don't know what to tell you. Celebrities endorse things all the time. For you personally, it'll either convince you or not. Perhaps he doesn't convince you -- and that's okay. Nonetheless, I'm totally looking forward to trying a burger here. Have a great day!

Locals will tell you that the best burger in the city is Nic's on Penn. Alton Brown will tell you that the best double cheeseburger in the nation is Bar Arbolada. Mike Rowe will tell you that the best onion burger in the world is Sun Cattle. All 3 of these burger joints are within 3 miles of each other, which is pretty cool !

Quote Originally Posted by rayvaflav View Post
    Locals will tell you that the best burger in the city is Nic's on Penn. Alton Brown will tell you that the best double cheeseburger in the nation is Bar Arbolada. Mike Rowe will tell you that the best onion burger in the world is Sun Cattle. All 3 of these burger joints are within 3 miles of each other, which is pretty cool !
    Let's not forget that Colin Farrell called Nic's burger the best he's ever had on both Jay Leno (2003) and Jimmy Kimmel (2017).

It was packed tonight when I drove by at 7 pm on a monday

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    Let's not forget that Colin Farrell called Nic's burger the best he's ever had on both Jay Leno (2003) and Jimmy Kimmel (2017).
    Had no idea he said it again on Kimmel. That’s super cool! At least 14 years after he first had Nic’s, it’s still his favorite burger.

20. Default Re: Sun Cattle

I went here with 3 friends on Saturday afternoon. The place was fairly empty and we sat at the bar.

We all ordered their house Club Special and it was very good, similar to one you would get at a local country club. We split 2 regular burgers and fries and our food arrived quickly. Other than being served on paper plates, we were all happy with the results. The burger was tasty, grilled very nicely, and formed perfectly - not too compact and not too loose. It had just the right amount of cheese and the bun was soft and steamy. The fries were top-notch, cooked just long enough and salted perfectly.

One negative were that the bartender was not very friendly to patrons at the bar, almost to the point of being rude. Another would be that we paid to park in the lot behind the restaurant and it was $5 for about 40 minutes of parking. Not that it's the restaurant's fault, but the owner of that lot should put a sign at the entrance stating the rate. We saw no notice at either the entrance or the exit what the rate was.

I've been twice. The first blew me away - terrific onion burger. The second time the onions were more chewy than charred and it didn't have the grilled effect I prefer. Hoping that time was just a fluke - will certainly be back.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I went here with 3 friends on Saturday afternoon. The place was fairly empty and we sat at the bar.

We all ordered their house Club Special and it was very good, similar to one you would get at a local country club. We split 2 regular burgers and fries and our food arrived quickly. Other than being served on paper plates, we were all happy with the results. The burger was tasty, grilled very nicely, and formed perfectly - not too compact and not too loose. It had just the right amount of cheese and the bun was soft and steamy. The fries were top-notch, cooked just long enough and salted perfectly.

One negative were that the bartender was not very friendly to patrons at the bar, almost to the point of being rude. Another would be that we paid to park in the lot behind the restaurant and it was $5 for about 40 minutes of parking. Not that it's the restaurant's fault, but the owner of that lot should put a sign at the entrance stating the rate. We saw no notice at either the entrance or the exit what the rate was.
    If you visit other cities you will be absolutely shocked at parking prices in comparison to OKC lol. That is CHEAP.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

We went there before the Sofi Tukker show at Jones and the parking lot had a sign up that said $5, but didn't say how long it was for (we parked in the garage to the west of Jones). Additionally, the bartender/cashier/order-taker was super-friendly to the 5-6 folks at the bar during the entire time we were there. It's all anecdotal...

I visited there a couple of weeks ago the burger was ho hum. Not better than nice or a tucker burger to me but the onion rings were outstanding. I was disappointed in the deep fried pb&j it was just a deep fried uncrustable.

Thread Information