Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: January 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Don't mind the above temps but we need the moisture! This is one very mild winter. Wow.
    Very mild winter and yet my gas bill was $5 more than last year and i used 33% less. Feb 2nd, 3rd time frame looks good for moisture fingers crossed

Short-Range NAM is in line with all models. A decent snowband will come out of TX tomorrow, Wednesday afternoon. The band is forecast to weaken as it moves east into SW and C OK. No accumulation expected in OKC.

3. Default Re: January 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Very mild winter and yet my gas bill was $5 more than last year and i used 33% less. Feb 2nd, 3rd time frame looks good for moisture fingers crossed
    Don't worry just got approved we are paying $7.80 more a month for the next 25 strap in!

Don't worry just got approved we are paying $7.80 more a month for the next 25 strap in!
    I just saw that on the news. I already thought I was paying more. Did anyone else notice they are paying much more. Oh and Anonymous needs to watch Morgan. IT'S GOING TO SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's flat for every customer... doesn't matter if you lived in a tiny house and tried to use very little gas during the deep freeze or if you lived in a 5000+ SF home and kept it piping hot.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    That's because the price for NG is higher this year. Commodity.

I am not convinced it is going to snow today, it is sunny outside

8. Default Re: January 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I am not convinced it is going to snow today, it is sunny outside
    That's exactly why it will snow.... Probably 2-3 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    And it's flat for every customer... doesn't matter if you lived in a tiny house and tried to use very little gas during the deep freeze or if you lived in a 5000+ SF home and kept it piping hot.
    What're they gonna do when another deep freeze comes along? Tack that charge for another 25 years on top of this one? I don't know who approved this action but it is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    What're they gonna do when another deep freeze comes along? Tack that charge for another 25 years on top of this one? I don't know who approved this action but it is ridiculous.
    Oklahoma Corporation Commission approved it, it's a whole new process called "securitizing", and there's been tons of debate and controversy over it.

They’ve set a bad precedent.

Snowband is taking shape now across W/SW OK. Should see it continue to slide eastward.

HRRR probably pretty good idea on totals:

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Oklahoma Corporation Commission approved it, it's a whole new process called "securitizing", and there's been tons of debate and controversy over it.
    Everyone knows you have to socialize the losses!

But I guess we will see what happens at the OK SCt.
    https://kfor.com/news/local/protests...rm-fuel-costs/

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    Everyone knows you have to socialize the losses!

But I guess we will see what happens at the OK SCt.
    https://kfor.com/news/local/protests...rm-fuel-costs/
    the alternative to this is $450.00 dollar one time charge on everyones bill ....

that is what happens if the supreme court strikes down this plan ..

Special Weather Statement for Oklahoma City Area

Details:
    Light, accumulating snowfall possible late this afternoon
    through early this evening...
    An upper level storm system is currently producing snowfall across
    portions of western, central, and southwestern Oklahoma, and a
    small area of north Texas. This snowfall will make its way east
    this afternoon and evening. Some locations across central Oklahoma
    could receive up to one half to near one inch of snowfall, but
    most will only receive up to a dusting. Minor impacts to travel
    are expected and motorists should be prepared to slow down,
    especially if they encounter an area of brief moderate to heavy
    snowfall.

No, that is not what happens.

Everyone paying $450 once is not an the table and would have the same approval issues this has.

If the current plan is struck down, then people do not pay until OGE reaches a different plan with the Commission. Hopefully with disclosing why they did not better prepare when they knew the storm was on the way or take other measures to mitigate the costs to consumers. You can't just say "meh, we don't need to mitigate costs, the consumer has to pay us any ways!"

Also, if you are going to pass on your business debt to consumers with some post hoc rationalization, it shouldn't be a flat fee. It should be use based.

Alternatives, as mentioned in the article I linked, could include a $17/mo for 27 MONTHS plan where we wouldn't have to pay nearly $350 MILLION in interest just because OGE cannot manage their business properly. Under the 27mo plan, I would pay $459 instead of $712 - saving EACH CUSTOMER $253.

So we should not only cover their business losses, but also pay over 50% interest on their business losses because they failed to do their job?!

This best sums it up to me:
    “I don’t think the rate payers should be on the hook for the incompetence of officials that don’t have the foresight to handle their business properly,” said Mike Reynolds, former state representative turned concerned customer.
    Reynolds and others also wonder if the $760 million spent by OG&E was done prudently, saying the companies knew ahead of time the cold was coming and should have bought fuel ahead at regular market prices.

Looks like we should probably manage to get some measurable snowfall out of this in OKC (thinking more than a trace, but less than an inch). Not expecting any travel impacts in the Metro, SW OK is a different story as it looks like they’ll end up with 2-4” or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Looks like we should probably manage to get some measurable snowfall out of this in OKC (thinking more than a trace, but less than an inch). Not expecting any travel impacts in the Metro, SW OK is a different story as it looks like they’ll end up with 2-4” or so.
    Air too dry Air too dry. I been telling people for days our air is too dry. Drought leads to Drought. Yes West and SW Oklahoma got a few inches but it took everything this storm had to over come the dry air. Will we get 1/2 inch in the metro maybe but as of 6pm dewpoint is still only 10 degrees. Single digit Dewpoints still just east of the metro. It's taking for ever to saturate the air over okc and the dry air keeps trying to push into the metro. Next week storm I wouldn't be shocked if same thing happens and everything stays east of I-35. Still way too early but drought leads to more drought.

6:30 Dewpoint Yukon is 23 degrees. Airport it's 11 degrees. Oklahoma city east mesonet 7. We are battling the dry air.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the alternative to this is $450.00 dollar one time charge on everyones bill ....

that is what happens if the supreme court strikes down this plan ..
    The problem is if we pay the fixed charge for 25 years for both OGE and ONG, we pay over $2,500.00. One time charge for both is around $1,100.00. Lot of interest being charged.

The upcoming weekend looks like a nice rebound into the 60s. Then focus will be onto mid next week. Right now it looks like a large storm system will come into the Plains bringing arctic air and precipitation.

At this point, the western half of the state is desperate for moisture.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The upcoming weekend looks like a nice rebound into the 60s. Then focus will be onto mid next week. Right now it looks like a large storm system will come into the Plains bringing arctic air and precipitation.

Drought leads to drought. I'm hopeful with this storm. Better southern flow before it get here but dang we are so dry. Wouldn't shock me if everything stayed east of I-35 and dry air gets wrapped up on the back side and western half gets left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post

David Payne and Mike Morgan already hyping next Wednesday and Thursday. What's certain are the coldest temps of the season, yeah?

Looks like it will only get below freezing for maybe 2-days time though?

Absolutely perfect weather today.

Thread Information