Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Default Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Planning a new location that will accommodate 400 people.

Industry Gastro Lounge Moore
    1201 S Interstate Drive
    Moore, Oklahoma 73160

Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Planning a new location that will accommodate 400 people.

Industry Gastro Lounge Moore
    1201 S Interstate Drive
    Moore, Oklahoma 73160
    This will be the best thing going on in Moore. BWW is outdated, dirty and allows smoking at the bar.

Furrs is closed? I saw it was packed everytime I drive though? I wonder why it closed? Did they move to another location?

4. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Furrs is closed? I saw it was packed everytime I drive though? I wonder why it closed? Did they move to another location?
    Furr's filed bankruptcy and closed nationwide in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Furr's filed bankruptcy and closed nationwide in 2021.
    I do not care for Furrs but my parents love that place, that is a shame though!

6. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I don't remember it ever reopening after the first round of Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I don't remember it ever reopening after the first round of Covid.
    I'm guessing that concept of food being served has come and gone. Covid delivered the death blow.

8. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I'm guessing that concept of food being served has come and gone. Covid delivered the death blow.
    Well the one in Moore was basically a Golden Corral.... It was nothing like the Cafeteria style Furr's we grew up with which had faded away well before Covid.

I thought buffets were finished but Golden Corral appears to have survived Covid by looking at their parking lots these days and the Chinese buffets appear to have made it through too.

9. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Well the one in Moore was basically a Golden Corral.... It was nothing like the Cafeteria style Furr's we grew up with which had faded away well before Covid.

I thought buffets were finished but Golden Corral appears to have survived Covid by looking at their parking lots these days and the Chinese buffets appear to have made it through too.
    Golden Corral and Chinese buffets both appeal to a somewhat different demographic than do true cafeterias. The demo that has kept cafeterias alive for decades is rapidly disappearing, and the move that Furr's made to embrace the new model was too little, too late. And - not that I paid much attention to Furr's after my own childhood after-church visits ended - I suspect many or even most of the Furr's locations corporate-wide had yet to make the switch, which I'm sure involved significant remodel at each location. If the whole chain was unhealthy it would still drag down the locations which had made the switch. Cafeteria dining is a simply a relic of another time.

Golden Corral and Chinese buffets both appeal to a somewhat different demographic than do true cafeterias. The demo that has kept cafeterias alive for decades is rapidly disappearing, and the move that Furr's made to embrace the new model was too little, too late. And - not that I paid much attention to Furr's after my own childhood after-church visits ended - I suspect many or even most of the Furr's locations corporate-wide had yet to make the switch, which I'm sure involved significant remodel at each location. If the whole chain was unhealthy it would still drag down the locations which had made the switch. Cafeteria dining is a simply a relic of another time.
    Yeah, I went to the last Luby's in OKC at Britton/May for lunch once back in maybe 2016 or 2017 and still remember the experience because I legitimately might have been the youngest person in there by 30 years or so.

11. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

^^^^^^^^^
    I still miss Boulevard, which was a regular for me and my late dad - I also went pretty often with co-workers, especially on mac and cheese day - and even when he was in his late seventies Dad would joke about how we were the two youngest people there.

That Furs would have closed with or without Covid. Wasn't that great. GC was better if that is your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    That Furs would have closed with or without Covid. Wasn't that great. GC was better if that is your thing.
    It was good when it was in Norman but since they moved to Moore, the food was not the same anymore

^^^^^^^^^
    I still miss Boulevard, which was a regular for me and my late dad - I also went pretty often with co-workers, especially on mac and cheese day - and even when he was in his late seventies Dad would joke about how we were the two youngest people there.
    That's awesome. I have similar experiences with my parents. I loved Boulevard and Queen Anne, and was sad when Luby's finally left. We took our kids on Wednesdays to Lubys because kids ate free with adult meals. They were so friendly, had balloons for the kids, music, and yes there were the regular blue hairs. We knew the end was coming when their hot carts were leaking water over the floor and the fix was to put 'warning signs' up so you don't slip. We briefly got excited when one of the managers told us that corporate was going to revamp the space into one of their newer Luby's and Fuddrucker's hybrid, but then they closed and nothing new happened, and now it's this experience thingy.

I think they closed down too quick, I mean they shut their doors in April 2020, and never re-opened. Maybe they were already in the red, and this was a their ticket to jump with a valid excuse. But every time we went to this Furr's location, it was always packed and the food was good.

Furr’s on Shields (which has since been demolished after they moved to Moore) will always have a special place in my memories. My grandparents took me there on Friday’s when I would visit them in the 80’s . I loved going down the line and having the workers assemble my plate. I always got the Salisbury Steak, Mac and Cheese and green beans with green jello for dessert. We took our trays to the table and would sit somewhere near the fireplace and the piano player. It was classy place for a cafeteria restaurant. After dinner we would go browse WoolCo where I would get to pick out a HotWheel or two. The Moore location was good when it launched but, it slowly went downhill and we quit going back before COVID. The place was messy. The food was mediocre at best. It wasn’t worth the price they were charging. We stopped going to GC when they moved from Air Depot to Sooner in Del City. The selection was cut down the price was just shy what we paid for the family to eat at a good table service restaurant before a good tip.

17. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Is this still happening? Haven't seen any update in a while

18. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

That's a good question since I believe this is being built by the same group that had Pig & Butcher.

That's a good question since I believe this is being built by the same group that had Pig & Butcher.
    Yes, Rogers Concepts.

Today, they sold Pink Parrot in Bricktown to their long-time manager and investors.

I understand it will be remodeled and rebranded.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerj2015 View Post
    Is this still happening? Haven't seen any update in a while
    Yes, they’ve already repainted the exterior and have been working on the interior. Sure is taking forever though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JesStang View Post
    Yes, they’ve already repainted the exterior and have been working on the interior. Sure is taking forever though lol.
    Jeff replied to an inquiry somewhere on FB around the end of July/beginning of August and stated he'd hoped to be open the end of August. It has been taking a while but I suspect that dude is incredibly busy juggling so many projects and coordinating labor for all of them. It'll be an awesome addition to Moore when it does open though, I can't wait!

Was told this weekend that the owner Died suddenly and that there was tax related problems as well. So if true I doubt this place will open, can anyone confirm? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Was told this weekend that the owner Died suddenly and that there was tax related problems as well. So if true I doubt this place will open, can anyone confirm? Thanks
    Welcome to 2022

But yes, the owner did die days after his tax issues came to light. Not sure if this location will open or not.

24. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Is this the same owner from around town? Pig and the Butcher and those places?

25. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I believe Pete said in another thread that the owner who died had partners who were still planning on opening it.

Thread Information