Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mathis Brothers

Default Mathis Brothers

Opening in the old JcPenney building in the Town Center.

https://www.centraloklahomaweeklies....mer-jc-penney/

Default Re: Mathis Brothers

That's awesome!

3. Default Re: Mathis Brothers

Weird, but ok. That's still a fairly good size foot print for a store. Roughly like Hoffman's in Moore I would say.

Now if they could just lay off the butt fleas.....

It will likely be similar to the complex they opened on Memorial Road:

I'm usually in Southern California a couple of times a year.

There's nothing like being out there, turning on the TV, and seeing Rit Mathis doing the commercials.

They have 2 stores in the LA area and one in the Palm Springs area. I was drug into the Palm Springs area store (Indio) kicking and screaming and bitching and moaning yelling that if I wanted to be in a Mathis Bros store I'd stay home in OKC and go to the store at 3434 W Wino Street. UGH.

The stores are huge and they are doing an amazing business. I have a long time friend whose son was promoted out of OKC and sent to the Ontario CA store as a department manager.

*just sitting here shaking my head*

Most people don't realize what a huge empire those guys have.

Like them or not, it's incredibly impressive.

I’m happy to see they found a long term tenant who will draw traffic. It sure beats carving it up for a few chain stores who may or not make it more than a few years as many shopping centers have seen over the years.

I think this is great for MWC. Won’t have to drive to the other side of town for a nice furniture store.

Mathis Brothers is now Mathis Home

I like the name update!!

Quote Originally Posted by MWC59 View Post
    Mathis Brothers is now Mathis Home
    They should change that everywhere since we do not see the brothers on TV anymore

I know they are making a lot of people mad to the point of not shopping there any more with their rewards program.

13. Default Re: Mathis Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I know they are making a lot of people mad to the point of not shopping there any more with their rewards program.
    How do you figure? When we bought a Purple mattress at the mattress center, paying for the rewards program was less than the delivery fee. Then it allowed our 3 kid mattresses that we bought within the next year, to also be delivered for free. I'm not going to pay them money or anything just to stay in it, but it definitely saved my family quite a bit.

To be honest, i haven't bought furniture there in a long time. Every time we would walk through any of the big stores in OKC, we just didn't find anything we liked. We waited until we were down in the DFW area and went to Nebraska Furniture Mart. The delivery is more, but not as bad as you think. When you're buying a large dining room table for several thousand dollars, the $300 delivery fee for everything on your order, ends up being nothing. You do have to wait for their once a month delivery to OKC, but we've done this with 2 different rounds of furniture buying now. Mathis feels like they're trying to create something similar, but they have a long way to go until they hit that kind of scale like Nebraska FM.

I'm hearing people say it is hard to get out of the program once you get in it and since they have either your CC information or if you financed your purchase with their finance Co which is Synchrony Bank they will automatically charge your account another $99 when your year is up even if you don't want to continue to be a member. I read this on Next Door from multiple people who have gone through this with MB. Getting out of the program was such an ordeal for them they said they would never shop there again. I will find out if this is true in about 10 months because we just purchased $5000 worth of furniture a couple of months ago. We were offered 10% right off the bat but if we joined their rewards, financed through Synchrony Bank, and bought the 5 year fabric protection we would get 25% off. That turned out to be a better deal even buying all the extras. I paid off the furniture when the first statement came.

I bought a mattress from their sleep center off of Reno and the delivery cost for a 10 minute drive was $150+ which is absurd. I guess this is how they lure people into signing up. I have about $40 in credit from my purchase that I'm gonna use soon and then try to cancel.

They also have two different delivery charges which I also think is absurd. Delivery to your driveway and delivery inside your house.

17. Default Re: Mathis Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    They also have two different delivery charges which I also think is absurd. Delivery to your driveway and delivery inside your house.
    Well do you want Hulu with or without commercials. The curbside is what companies started offering during COVID because customers didn't want people in their home. If you want the traditional service, you have to pay more.

We also bought 2 sofas from Edmond Furniture Gallery a couple months ago and when I asked them if they had similar delivery options they laughed and said no they would gladly bring them into our house for way less than MB driveway delivery. This is not fast food they are delivering. These are very heavy pieces of furniture that a lot of people, probably more than you imagine cant lift them. Just another way MB is taking advantage of their customers. With the new furniture store opening on Memorial soon I'm glad to see MB getting some competition. MB customer service seems to have gone downhill the larger they get.

Thread Information