Widgets Magazine

Thread: Consumer Cellular

Default Consumer Cellular

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/busi...ty/6410115001/

"Arizona-based wireless carrier Consumer Cellular, led by a former Oklahoman, is opening a customer service center in Oklahoma City that he said would employ around 300 people."

Default Re: Consumer Cellular

Will lease a full 2 floors in the Baker Hughes building.

Press release:

Consumer Cellular Announces over 300 Jobs Coming to Oklahoma City
    First corporate expansion outside of western United States

December 07, 2021 01:41 PM Eastern Standard Time
    OKLAHOMA CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Top rated wireless carrier Consumer Cellular today announced it will bring more than 300 full-time and part-time jobs to Oklahoma City in the coming months.

The average full-time employee will make around $54,000 per year, and is provided full insurance benefits. Additional benefits include flexible schedules and working from home options. Employees are also eligible for tuition reimbursement and other incentives.

The move to Oklahoma City marks the first time in the company’s 25 year history it has expanded outside of its headquarters in Arizona or Oregon offices.

Consumer Cellular CEO Ed Evans said Oklahoma City is strategically located in the center of the country, which makes the location perfect for this expansion.

“As our company continues to grow, it is vital to expand our footprint to remain competitive,” Evans said. “Oklahoma City is the perfect location to serve our customers located in the middle of the country. I appreciate the support from our team, as well as all of our partners in the state who helped make this possible. With this move, we look forward to bettering our award winning service, while being a community partner in Oklahoma City.”

Consumer Cellular has been ranked number one by J.D. Power 11 times in a row for best customer service. The company is 100% based in the United States, where it serves over 4 million customers.

“It is an honor to welcome Consumer Cellular to Oklahoma City,” Congresswoman Stephanie Bice said. “This company has a distinct track record of success, and we are happy to see them expand their business by opening an office here in the Sooner State. Oklahoma is a top destination for business development and expansion, with a low cost of living, and high quality of life.”

The Oklahoma City office will be located at the former Baker Hughes building, located at 12701 N. Santa Fe Ave. The company is looking to hire supervisors, IT support staff, call center representatives and more.

“I am proud to be one of the first to welcome Consumer Cellular to Oklahoma City,” Oklahoma City Chamber President and CEO Roy Williams said. “This is growing company with a strong track record for employee engagement and community partnership. We look forward to working with them as they continue to grow.”

While the company is continuously recruiting, classes are capped at 30 to 50 individuals per training to ensure hands-on instruction. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit www.consumercellular.com/careers, or be on the lookout for hiring events in the area.

“Consumer Cellular is a proven and trusted company that is investing heavily in Oklahoma City and we are proud to have them here,” said Oklahoma Employment Securities Commission Director Shelley Zumwalt. “We are also excited to work with them to find high quality candidates to fill roles vital to their stellar team. I appreciate their partnership and dedication to brining jobs to Oklahoma City.”

Blog Entries

Default Consumer Cellular Arizona carrier to open customer service center in Oklahoma City

Good news, 300 jobs average salaries $54,000 annually plus benefits.

Video link: https://www.news9.com/story/61abcce9...es-to-oklahoma

Blog Entries

I had my mom on a consumer cellular plan for a bit. I miss them. Their support was FAR better than her current carrier.

7. Default Re: Consumer Cellular

Were lucky to have people like Mr. Evans who want to invest in our community

Never knew they even existed until today, lol. I guess they are bigger out west.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Never knew they even existed until today, lol. I guess they are bigger out west.
    If you are lucky to watch either Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune, Consumer Cellular advertises on both game shows.

I love seeing news like this, but with our unemployment rate so slow, I wonder how hard of a time they'll have finding employees.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I love seeing news like this, but with our unemployment rate so slow, I wonder how hard of a time they'll have finding employees.
    I think places like this won’t have too hard of a time finding employees. They are pulling people out of service industry like fast food and moving them to a call center office job that will offer set schedules and benefits.

The service industry is where we are seeing the biggest hurdle with the low unemployment. Many fast food places have limited their lobby hours or shut it down as they don’t have enough workers.

That’s just assumptions. People want jobs with benefits and set schedules and office jobs provide that where as service jobs don’t and that is what got shut down the hardest during pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I think places like this won’t have too hard of a time finding employees. They are pulling people out of service industry like fast food and moving them to a call center office job that will offer set schedules and benefits.

The service industry is where we are seeing the biggest hurdle with the low unemployment. Many fast food places have limited their lobby hours or shut it down as they don’t have enough workers.

That’s just assumptions. People want jobs with benefits and set schedules and office jobs provide that where as service jobs don’t and that is what got shut down the hardest during pandemic
    Good point.

Thread Information