Widgets Magazine

Thread: Street Parking

Default Street Parking

I always park on the Street for Thunder games. I usually pay even if I get there around 5pm to go get something to eat before the game. I know they probably don't come around after 5pm to really check but it's only like $2. Anyway this past Friday I got there at 5:15. Noticed the signs for Flowbird app. I'm sure it's probably been around forever but never noticed it until now or paid attention. Downloaded it but it only goes for 30 minutes at a time. If I used the parking meter it was only going to be $1.50. If I used the app it was going to be $2. I know it's only 50 cents but no options for 15 minutes. Looks like the app is easy to use though. How many are using it?

Default Re: Street Parking

The app is truly terrible. It doesn’t work 80% of the time and crashes often, so I’m glad you got it to work. Most other major cities allow you to pay to park via app. I’m glad we have implemented it, but it’s unfortunate we have an app partner who is third rate.

Yeah I’m not a big fan of that app

4. Default Re: Street Parking

I use it almost daily. Definitely can be a bit wonky, but much easier than the meter once you’re familiar with its use.

How much is a parking ticket for violating the metered spots around downtown and scissortail park?

I noticed the park has a lot of metered spots, however since you only have to pay M-F 8am-6pm. The times I've seen those park spots busiest are in the off hours, so they aren't generating revenue lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    How much is a parking ticket for violating the metered spots around downtown and scissortail park?
    !
    i believe it is a 25 dollar ticket ..

I work in the greater DT area and use Flowbird regularly. Never had any issue and it is very practical. I like the fact you can extend your stay without going back to the meter.

Thread Information