Widgets Magazine

Thread: Main Street - Heading West of Downtown

Default Main Street - Heading West of Downtown

Has anybody else driven on Main Street heading west out of downtown this week? What in the ever loving heck are they doing?!?! I have never seen such a cluster F of a street in all my life. It’s been bad for over a month now but it is worse this week. They stripped off the upper layers of the street and partially refinished it. They have now diverted traffic to the partially refinished part. The only problem is that all those manhole covers and their concrete foundations stick up about 3-4 inches from the actual road. To make it worse, one of the lanes makes you hit those dang things every 300-400 ft. There is a similar lip in the road at the concrete edge on the opposite side of the manhole covers. Either you’re going to blow out a tire, blow out your suspension, or slice your sidewall in pieces by rubbing up against the concrete lip. WTF?!

This road is a mess. They removed the upper 3-4 inches of road in random patches all the way down to general Pershing about a month ago. It has been bumpy as hell. Anybody know what’s going on??

2. Default Re: Main Street - Heading West of Downtown

I think it's called construction.... Been driving that bumpy stretch of Main for 30 years... Didn't notice much of a difference

Default Re: Main Street - Heading West of Downtown

They are rehabbing the top pour of the concrete and asphalt lifts as needed. I drove that daily for nearly the past several years. They will have to adjust the manhole lids to the proposed grade, depending on how old the manholes are if they're pre-cast or masonry that presents it's own set of hurdles to change the lid finish elevation. They've been more recently adjusting the rim elevation and pouring a separate concrete collar for the manhole which takes a bit to form etc.

I saw a low riding ricer car stuck on one the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I saw a low riding ricer car stuck on one the other day.
    No pictures????? Having driven many of low cars for a years I can feel their pain : /

Quote Originally Posted by tvkokc View Post
    No pictures????? Having driven many of low cars for a years I can feel their pain : /
    It was a Prelude. I saw it passing by felt bad so I didn't take any pictures the guy was embarrassed enough lol. I should have though. I think he probably could have gotten off himself but didn't want to damage the car I'm not sure. I don't think I could ever drive a lowrider. I love them but I die a little every time I scrape the bottom of any of my cars. I'd be too stressed with a lowrider.

Thread Information