Thread: OKC 577 Industrial Reserve

South OKC OKC 577 Industrial Reserve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OKC 577.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	17202

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...um/6345629001/

"Site work is expected to begin by spring on what will be a $500 million mix of industrial, office and retail space on an industrial reserve set up by the Oklahoma Industries Authority.

A partnership led by Richard Tanenbaum was chosen from among seven competing groups for the development of the 577 acres at Bryant Avenue and Interstate 240. The proposal for OKC 577 is likely to include a new headquarters and distribution center for Locke Supply, a company that expressed interest in two of the other six proposals. "

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OKC 577 2.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	17203

Default Re: OKC 577 Industrial Reserve

Great! This is a few miles from me. I was wondering how they would develop around the pump jacks. And they went with a proven commodity in Tanenbaum. They will need to repave Bryant, Eastern, and 89th, as well as the frontage road.

This is a big deal.

Seems like a good use of that square mile of land that is more or less doing nothing right now.

This is the property:

A ton of new potential clients coming to Little Dick's Halfway Inn

This'll be huge for Crossroads Mall!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    This'll be huge for Crossroads Mall!
    Wish they could bulldoze that and start from scratch.

Awesome. Looks like they are going to put in an industry rail spur to BNSF Flynn Yard too.

10. Default Re: OKC 577 Industrial Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Awesome. Looks like they are going to put in an industry rail spur to BNSF Flynn Yard too.
    Hopefully it goes over the road because the last thing we need is another damned at-grade rail crossing around 240.

I just built a house near here and moved in a few weeks ago. I REALLY enjoy being able to get right down Eastern. NOT looking forward to the freaking rail lines I just moved away from on Sooner.

Industry tracks probably get used about 3 times a week at max, and usually only a few cars at a time. You could probably go years without ever having a crossing interfere with your commute. And of course, that is even if any of the tenants want rail access.

12. Default Re: OKC 577 Industrial Reserve

Everyone doing business there can enjoy the occasional fresh northern air on a windy day.

13. Default Re: OKC 577 Industrial Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Everyone doing business there can enjoy the occasional fresh northern air on a windy day.
    I'm roughly half a mile South of 89th and I can't smell it. I also worked about a mile North of the one off of I 40. I can smell the one from my 40 if the wind blows right but not most days.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    I haven't seen you post in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I'm roughly half a mile South of 89th and I can't smell it. I also worked about a mile North of the one off of I 40. I can smell the one from my 40 if the wind blows right but not most days.
    The only one that's really bad, IMO, is the one at NE 36th & Sooner. No idea how anyone in the subdivisions around 50th & Sooner can deal with that consistently given that the wind here seemingly blows from the SSE for about half of the year.

ODOT really needs to get on the ball with putting a 6 lane I-240 on the 8yr plan. Every time I’m on this road I’m surprised at the amount of traffic.

Here are some better images.

The second one is high-res; open in a new window/tab and you can zoom way in.

If QT wanted to build another stop this would be a good location for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ODOT really needs to get on the ball with putting a 6 lane I-240 on the 8yr plan. Every time I’m on this road I’m surprised at the amount of traffic.
    I agree, this is long over due. With the new infrastructure bill passing, this might actually happen.

20. Default Re: OKC 577 Industrial Reserve

Yeah when we moved from Sooner to Eastern, one of the things i thought was, dang, there isn't a gas station anywhere near me now!

The scale of this project is massive.

Hi Pete,

Do you know what's going on with the red dirt moving across the freeway? About a mile or two east of this, I believe Commonwealth is building something, is that an apartment complex or a hotel? I drive by this area almost everyday, always curious to know what's going on.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Hi Pete,

Do you know what's going on with the red dirt moving across the freeway? About a mile or two east of this, I believe Commonwealth is building something, is that an apartment complex or a hotel? I drive by this area almost everyday, always curious to know what's going on.

Thanks,
    I believe all that red dirt is just part of shifting material around in the landfill to the north.

After I took those photos I did research and there aren't any building permits on those properties.

Project received $8 million from ARPA funds:

$8 million infrastructure installation at OKC’s 577 commerce park located in southeast OKC near I-240 between Eastern and Bryant avenues.

The OKC 577 project will facilitate the development of a 577-acre site into a premiere industrial park for future tenants. It will include the relocation of various utilities such as water, sewer, electricity, and natural gas as well as other infrastructure to provide state-of-the art facilities and amenities to its tenants. The Oklahoma Industries Authority acquired the property in 2021 through a land swap with the Oklahoma Commissioners of the Land Office.
    - https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/pol...ack=super_blog

Thread Information