Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ONG's monthly increase

1. Default Re: ONG's monthly increase

It's definitely not a good time PR wise as they come off of the debacle we discussed earlier. Anyone else seen the TV commercials about that gas deal during the winter? I'm sort of surprised they were that blunt about it.

Default Re: ONG's monthly increase

OG&E, not ONG, but might as well lump both slimeballs in with each other...

OG&E ratepayer-backed bonds to pay for last year's cold snap are now hundreds of millions more than estimated

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    OG&E, not ONG, but might as well lump both slimeballs in with each other...

OG&E ratepayer-backed bonds to pay for last year's cold snap are now hundreds of millions more than estimated
    Because our lovely state government kept dragging its feet, due to stupid citizens who thought them fighting it would keep it from being approved. By the time it was approved and all the paperwork drawn up, the interest rates in this country had rebounded.

This isn't OG&Es fault. No business in the world doesn't pass increased costs to customers, from the most progressive, socially-liberal to the most fiscally and socially-conservative. Even if they knew it would.be bad, they didn't know how bad, or how their infrastructure would hold up, since they couldn't test it against anything that cold.

But I get it, any time a company tries to recoup costs incurred, they are greedy. But then if they went bankrupt, people would call them a failed business.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Because our lovely state government kept dragging its feet, due to stupid citizens who thought them fighting it would keep it from being approved. By the time it was approved and all the paperwork drawn up, the interest rates in this country had rebounded.

This isn't OG&Es fault. No business in the world doesn't pass increased costs to customers, from the most progressive, socially-liberal to the most fiscally and socially-conservative. Even if they knew it would.be bad, they didn't know how bad, or how their infrastructure would hold up, since they couldn't test it against anything that cold.

But I get it, any time a company tries to recoup costs incurred, they are greedy. But then if they went bankrupt, people would call them a failed business.
    The energy industry is broken (from the consumer's viewpoint) - the whole thing (however many multipliers of the regular price they bought at) that led up to the higher energy costs that both had to pay is wrong and the securitization that both did is wrong. No, I don't know how else they should've done it, I'm not a C-suite executive, but what they're doing to every single customer for the way the energy industry failed is not good, and keep in mind that OG&E and ONG are still probably making pretty good profits. Public utilities should not be for-profit.

https://journalrecord.com/2022/05/05...m-in-earnings/

Based on their earnings (OG&E), they aren't hurting.

Thread Information