Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Salad and Go

Large Chain Salad and Go

Coming soon to NW 23rd and Penn, drive-thru only Salad and Go will offer a dozen fresh salad options as well as breakfast burritos, cold brew, organic iced teas and house-made lemonades. Will be the first location in the state with more planned.

Default Re: Salad and Go

You can't beat a cold brew with a breakfast burrito. It's the breakfast of champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You can't beat a cold brew with a breakfast burrito. It's the breakfast of champions.
    I got heartburn just reading this comment.

4. Default Re: Salad and Go

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Oh no! Breakfast of champions is a cold brew and pizza that sat out on the counter all night!

5. Default Re: Salad and Go

On a more appropriate note. I would have jumped all over this a few years ago. But one of the many things events of the last 18 months has changed is that I used to LOVE salads. Now they're only good once in a great while and if made just right.

So it is official that Sonic gave up this location. Interesting salad concept. Will have to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    So it is official that Sonic gave up this location. Interesting salad concept. Will have to give it a try!
    Salad and Go has already bought the land.

I think this would be a terrific lunch option. It's hard to find a decent salad at a drive thru that's any good.

I feel like a broken record, but I hope they build one of these in far NW OKC. We are surrounded by Taco Bells, McDonalds, Wendy's, Braum's, etc... It would be nice to have something different, that is more fresh and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I feel like a broken record, but I hope they build one of these in far NW OKC. We are surrounded by Taco Bells, McDonalds, Wendy's, Braum's, etc... It would be nice to have something different, that is more fresh and healthy.
    I miss Salata on 122nd and MacArthur.

Blog Entries

Salata is definitely the best dedicated salad place I've ever had. Discovered it in Ft Worth before we had them here. Now, whenever I'm taking the train to austin, during the layover in ft worth, instead of dealing with that train station subway, I walk down the street a bit for salata since the layover is so long anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I miss Salata on 122nd and MacArthur.
    It was near where our kids had dance lessons so the wife and I ate here once a week every week and then it was gone. Loved it.

Salad and Go has filed permits for two new locations. One on the SE corner of 164th & N. Western and another on the SW corner of 104th and S. May.

I know at least two more sites are being planned: near MacArthur & NW Expressway and another at Edmond & Kelley.

Their menu looks decent and affordable.

https://www.saladandgo.com/wp-conten...Winter_eng.pdf

Definitely surprised by the affordability, considering there aren't many of these types of places around. Tomatoes on a caesar always annoys me, but whatever. I'd certainly stop by and grab a salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Salad and Go has filed permits for two new locations. One on the SE corner of 164th & N. Western and another on the SW corner of 104th and S. May.]
    As much as I appreciate new food options coming to the far North side of OKC, the placement right on the corner will make it "Salad and Go-od luck turning left"

I know location is everything, but I wish this would have been built and attached to the Natural Grocers and Tide Cleaner lots already built on the opposite corner to help with congestion at that intersection.

Glad to see something new going in on the corner of SW 104th and May!

Was in Dallas this past weekend and saw a SALAD AND GO and swung by to try it. I was pretty impressed. The concept is drive-thru only. I had a jalapeño ranch salad and my son had breakfast burritos. Everything is fully customizable. Double thumbs up for the taste and the price points on both.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    As much as I appreciate new food options coming to the far North side of OKC, the placement right on the corner will make it "Salad and Go-od luck turning left"

I know location is everything, but I wish this would have been built and attached to the Natural Grocers and Tide Cleaner lots already built on the opposite corner to help with congestion at that intersection.
    If you need to go back west on 164th just go south in front of the car wash and exit onto May. That what I do when I use that McDonalds

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    If you need to go back west on 164th just go south in front of the car wash and exit onto May. That what I do when I use that McDonalds
    Same. I look for this type of exit at any busy corner.

Salad and Go is putting all their OKC locations out for construction bids.

It looks like they are going to be aggressive in this market. I bet they do very well here.

My wife has half jokingly quipped in the past about wishing there was a fast food place that offered nothing but salad or at least nothing but healthy foods, just for convenience. Cool Greens is a similar concept but it’s not always that fast. I’m sure this is a place we’ll be stopping at often with the 23rd and Penn location being just a few minutes away from us.

I live near the SW 104 location and note that the land has not been touched since the permit was issued. Any info on whether something has happened to affect the plans for that location?

^

They are bidding out the construction work on multiple OKC sites. None of them have started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

They are bidding out the construction work on multiple OKC sites. None of them have started yet.
    Good enough. We are looking forward to trying them out!

Thread Information