Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Salad and Go

Default Re: Salad and Go

Right by me, I love it!

I saw through citizen access building permits that they will be demolishing 6501 N. May Avenue and building a Salad and Go. The building was a Chinese takeout/restaurant and prior to that it was a bakery?

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I saw through citizen access building permits that they will be demolishing 6501 N. May Avenue and building a Salad and Go. The building was a Chinese takeout/restaurant and prior to that it was a bakery?
    I think it used to be the bakery owned by Saturn Grill (or at least had some association with them, if not owned outright by them).

That'll be handy, we do weekly shopping at Sprouts on Saturdays, can pick something up on the way home...

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Used to be Ingrids.

The building will be demolished and a new Salad & Go constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Used to be Ingrids.

The building will be demolished and a new Salad & Go constructed.
    This article, written in 2015, says it was Sweet Memories, which came first - Ingrid's or Sweet Memories (or were they basically the same)?

https://okcfriday.com/sweet-caramel-...s-p9754-92.htm

"I’d heard that Saturn Grill got its cupcakes elsewhere and just sold them at its counter, but Joseph told me he’d bought the Sweet Memories bakery on May Avenue a few years back to bake all his own desserts."

This makes me so happy! I will go there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    This article, written in 2015, says it was Sweet Memories, which came first - Ingrid's or Sweet Memories (or were they basically the same)?
    Sweet Memories was there for years and was the first thing I remember being there.

I love Salad and Go! I am super excited it will be just two minutes from our house!

8. Default Re: Salad and Go

Yeah Sweet Memories went back to the eighties, I think. Or at the very least the very early nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yeah Sweet Memories went back to the eighties, I think. Or at the very least the very early nineties.
    i'm certain it went back at least to the late eighties... my oldest brother regularly ordered items from there for mothers' day and for various girls he dated, so i remember him giving them lots of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Wasn't Sweet Memories also the candy store next to Johnnie's on Britton? I remember going there after family dinners and getting candy to take home.

Sweet Memories started out on Britton Road just west of the Broadway Extension then moved to Casady Square then to the location on May Ave.

12. Default Re: Salad and Go

That's right, at least about Casady because your post just sparked my memory of the Casady location (and I certainly don't doubt your mention of the Britton Road location). That place was around (and quite popular) for a long time.

Former Ingrid's just north of NW 63rd & May Ave has been razed and cleared of demolition material.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Former Ingrid's just north of NW 63rd & May Ave has been razed and cleared of demolition material.
    Just drove by and saw that yesterday. I hope they get it built and open quickly!

Just saw that the old Ingrid's and never opened chinese place had been demolished when I drove by today. Glad it will be a Salad and Go. I came on to specifically check if anything had been posted about that location. This site never lets me down.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMe View Post
    Just saw that the old Ingrid's and never opened chinese place had been demolished when I drove by today. Glad it will be a Salad and Go. I came on to specifically check if anything had been posted about that location. This site never lets me down.
    It was actually Sweete Memories, mainly. I think Ingrid's only had it for less than a year? Also, the Chinese place was open for over a year, I believe, my wife went there at least once, it just never looked open.

Thread Information