Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Salad and Go

Default Re: Salad and Go

Salad and Go opens in OKC

Salad and Go has opened its first OKC locations.

Now operating at NW 23rd & Penn and SW 104th & May with locations coming soon to 15th & Sooner in Del City and NW 164th & Western, the chain adds a healthy option to area fast food.

Salad and Go stores are tiny and drive-thru or pickup only. But they have a reputation for fresh, tasty items and we can vouch for their Jalapeno and Ranch salad and frozen strawberry lemonade; both were very good and reasonably priced for good portions.

Drive through or order on their website or app and walk up to the window.

Salads, breakfast burritos, wraps, soup, cold brew coffee, teas and lemonade.

Hours are 6:30 AM to 9 PM Monday through Friday and 7A – 9P Saturday and Sunday.

We tried one when we were in Dallas last summer and were quite impressed. Glad it's here!

fwiw, those might be slightly outdated prices... the burritos are currently $3.30. imo, it's still pretty reasonable and on par for what somebody might pay for breakfast at other fast-food chains but with better quality ingredients. i grab breakfast on my way into the office almost every single weekday and will definitely be adding it to my rotation.

I had one of their salads and frozen strawberry lemonade yesterday... I was surprised how good they both were and the portions were sizeable.

For both, my ticket with tax was about $8.50 which seems more than reasonable.

I predict these places are going to be a big hit here.

5. Default Re: Salad and Go

And now I know why we have a turkey shortage.... They turned it all into sausage!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    fwiw, those might be slightly outdated prices... the burritos are currently $3.30. imo, it's still pretty reasonable and on par for what somebody might pay for breakfast at other fast-food chains but with better quality ingredients. i grab breakfast on my way into the office almost every single weekday and will definitely be adding it to my rotation.
    Went through the drive through this morning. I live just around the corner from the one on Penn and it's definitely been added to my breakfast rotation! I had a turkey sausage burrito this morning. It was quite sizeable and tasted very good. Can't wait to try their salads.

7. Default Re: Salad and Go

so jealous, and the price - OMG. For healthy salad and drink, fast - this can't be beat. I am so jealous of you OKC, I'd eat here every day. Can't wait to add this to my list of the many eateries on my next visit.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

With these inflationary times we live in, those prices definitely look to be a lot better than what you see in a lot of places. Hope the food's good!

I love the sidewalk path down to their lot from 23rd.

That frozen strawberry lemonade was only $1.24 and delicious. I'll go back for that alone.

They use real strawberries because there were seeds in the cup. So damn good.

And I'm not much of a salad person but that jalapeno ranch salad was really good and sizable.

It looks like they have a great business model and at those price points, I bet there are going to be long lines. Hopefully they'll open more area locations.

11. Default Re: Salad and Go

good report out Pete. and yes I hope OKC patronizes, this is awesome!!! and affordable!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Organic tofu for under five bucks should give Whole Foods a run for their money.

I grabbed a Cobb Salad at the SW 104th location today and am very pleased. High quality lettuce and greens. For under $7 bucks it's as good as most restaurants charging double or more and the quality of the lettuce is better than a lot of places.

I've been a few times, and today I saw at ~130 on penn and 23rd that the line was almost to the street. Things I've noted
    1. No iceberg lettuce
    2. The soup isn't overly salty
    3. The drinks aren't overly sweet.

I expect to frequent there a lot.

^

When the line is long, you can order on their app, park, and walk up to the window.

The autumn salad is delicious. I will probably end up going here at least once a week.

I got the autumn salad with tofu last week and could not eat the whole thing in one sitting. I finished it off as a side salad to my dinner.

Tried it last night for the first time and was a huge fan, if they keep those prices and that quality I will go there often

19. Default Re: Salad and Go

Been for Breakfast and Lunch. Shocked at how affordable this place is and the food is pretty darn good. The Mango Green Tea is great, but the Cold Brew is lacking flavor and a kick. I will be going here at least once a week.

Stopped by the location on 23rd last night for a cobb salad to split with the hubby as a side salad for dinner, and I was very impressed. All of the ingredients seemed to be of very high quality and the portion size was plentiful. Got a pink lemonade with it too, and wow. Theirs is on the tart side, and despite usually preferring my lemonades to be a little bit sweeter, I thought it was extremely tasty. Prices were very appropriate for the amount of food. I'll definitely be back, and I want to try their breakfast too!
    Last edited by baralheia; 12-07-2022 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Reworded for clarity

^

If you like sweeter, try the Strawberry Lemonade. I thought it was fantastic.

The Del City location opens 12/13

NW 164th & Western opens 12/20

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Stopped by the location on 23rd last night for a cobb salad to split with the hubby as a side salad for dinner, and I was very impressed. All of the ingredients seemed to be of very high quality and the portion size was plentiful. Got a pink lemonade with it too, and wow. Theirs is on the tart side, and despite usually preferring my lemonades to be a little bit sweeter, I thought it was extremely tasty. Prices were very appropriate for the amount of food. I'll definitely be back, and I want to try their breakfast too!
    I too ordered a Cobb salad expecting eggs as shown in the picture but I received no eggs. Is that only given during breakfast?

I should also add I think Salata was much better. S&G was good and I’ll certainly eat there off and on but Salata was far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I too ordered a Cobb salad expecting eggs as shown in the picture but I received no eggs. Is that only given during breakfast?
    I got mine at 7:30pm and it had the sliced hard-boiled egg. I think they may have just accidentally forgotten it in your order.

I think pandas are mostly vegan, they didn't want to compromise that for you.

Thread Information