Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Metaverse

Default Re: Facebook Metaverse

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    My honest opinion is this, Facebook has some great resources and amazing groups but the overreach of placing people in "Facebook jail" is too much. I was banned for 30 days for saying I don't think Trump is racist. Then I was banned another time for calling someone an anti science nut for being an anti vaxxer. Another time I was banned for telling someone who said the world needs to be rid of humans to put their money where their mouth is and start with themselves. I'm done. When I can afford a new computer I am downloading all of my data and deleting Facebook. I still want to purchase Oculus so I am not sure if you have to have an account for that or not.

Youtube has some things with I don't like and I am skeptical of trusting Google but I use GMail and MAPS too much to switch. Youtube has incredible content as well.

The worst offender is Reddit, IMO. I gave it a try and I can't stand it. There is so much over moderation it's nuts. My post was removed about horror movies when I asked what was the most underrated horror movie you love; I went on to explain my list of movies. I was told I was trying to start a "flame war." 4th time I've been accused of that. F@ck that, I have better things to do.
    To me, individual Facebook members who don't like what you're saying about the issues should ban or delete you, not Facebook itself. But on the other hand, though, it's Facebook's web space you're using as well as Reddit's.

Who needs FB metaverse? Plenty of other decentralized metaverses going up in crypto spaces such as Ethereum and Cardano.

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    Who needs FB metaverse? Plenty of other decentralized metaverses going up in crypto spaces such as Ethereum and Cardano.
    Given the significant environmental drawbacks of (most) blockchain technologies, personally I'll pass on crypto metaverses (right along with Zuck's metaverse too). Besides, VRChat and NeosVR* are already things that exist without being tied at the hip to crypto nonsense. I'd rather not add any more fuel to the fire that has made securing a new graphics card so much harder than it used to be.

*(Yes I'm aware NeosVR does have in-game currency based on Ethereum, but it's not in all versions of the game and isn't required to enter and explore this virtual world)

ok

Thread Information