Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alec Baldwin Accidentally Shoots Two People, One Dies

Default Re: Alec Baldwin Accidentally Shoots Two People, One Dies

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but why on earth are there real bullets on the set at all?
    Possibly this reason, if this ends up being true.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/26/enter...day/index.html

"There's this pastime that crew members sometimes do, it's called 'plinking,' and they go out into the rural areas and they shoot at beer cans. This is with live ammunition. We learned that this happened the morning of the day that Halyna Hutchins was killed," Waxman said.

Waxman told CNN that "plinking" is common when there's downtime during a shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Charges for what? When is an employer ever held criminally responsible for an employee’s negligence? To establish criminality, there is a requisite mens rea or mental state. He’d have to have known there was live ammo.
    Nah. No men rea showing required for involuntary manslaughter: https://law.justia.com/codes/new-mex...section30-2-3/

Plus, he knew there was live ammo on the set: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/26/enter...day/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    Nah. No men rea showing required for involuntary manslaughter: https://law.justia.com/codes/new-mex...section30-2-3/

Plus, he knew there was live ammo on the set: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/26/enter...day/index.html
    He may be charged, but the fact that there are two other people whose job is to ensure the thing is safe, I don't think there's enough for a conviction by a jury. I think the other two folks likely have a similar defense. Out of the three folks who handled the gun, I think the talent is probably the least culpable.

He may be charged, but the fact that there are two other people whose job is to ensure the thing is safe, I don't think there's enough for a conviction by a jury. I think the other two folks likely have a similar defense. Out of the three folks who handled the gun, I think the talent is probably the least culpable.
    As I mentioned, he's not just the talent; he was also a Producer.

Would totally agree if his role was limited to acting.

As I mentioned, he's not just the talent; he was also a Producer.

Would totally agree if his role was limited to acting.
    Having not produced a film myself, perhaps you can tell me whether producers are responsible for personally handling and verifying the safety of props? As a producer, he's also not likely civilly liable, because this appears to me to be a worker's comp claim.

Having not produced a film myself, perhaps you can tell me whether producers are responsible for personally handling and verifying the safety of props? As a producer, he's also not likely civilly liable, because this appears to me to be a worker's comp claim.
    Right, so Producers are responsible for all sorts of things
    That would affect the total ESG rating of a movie set
    For example, locking out your union labor force
    Is probably going to decrease the “S” and “G” components

Very weird, as I’ve always considered Baldwin to be a pro-union boy

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...235097930/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but why on earth are there real bullets on the set at all?
    Not a dumb question at all. There should not have been.

Really ridiculous that this could've been prevented by literally *one* person opening the gun and looking at it to make sure it really was "cold". Three people, at the very least, should've done this - the armorer, the AD, and Baldwin himself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Really ridiculous that this could've been prevented by literally *one* person opening the gun and looking at it to make sure it really was "cold". Three people, at the very least, should've done this - the armorer, the AD, and Baldwin himself.
    Even more ridiculous when you consider they were likely using old revolvers, which are very easy to flip open and check. Not like they would have had to go through a clip or anything.

Also, the gun should never have been pointed at anyone or anything that had any value/life, regardless of anything else. That's on Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Even more ridiculous when you consider they were likely using old revolvers, which are very easy to flip open and check. Not like they would have had to go through a clip or anything.

Also, the gun should never have been pointed at anyone or anything that had any value/life, regardless of anything else. That's on Alec.
    Yep, totally agree. If I was an actor that had to use a gun, no matter how many people say "cold" or "safe" or "I checked it", I would check it myself personally. And also totally agree with your last sentence - I've always said that a gun should never, ever, ever, be pointed at anything other than the ground, unless it's pointed at something you're willing to shoot/kill and deal with the consequences. Bunch of idiots working on that film...

Right, so Producers are responsible for all sorts of things
    That would affect the total ESG rating of a movie set
    For example, locking out your union labor force
    Is probably going to decrease the “S” and “G” components

Very weird, as I’ve always considered Baldwin to be a pro-union boy

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...235097930/amp/
    So what does the President of the U.S. have to do with unions and private agreements? Inquiring minds want to know.

You've said some dumb things. This is one of those dumb things.

So what does the President of the U.S. have to do with unions and private agreements? Inquiring minds want to know.

You've said some dumb things. This is one of those dumb things.
    Show me where I've talked about the President in this thread, Guy.

I'll wait.

I'll wait.
    Maybe confused Baldwin with Biden?

I'll wait.
    Yeah, never mind. I had been on the road for about 5 hours yesterday. Probably shouldn't have been publishing content.

Thread Information