Widgets Magazine
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

1. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Any comments on the presence the hotel has from I-40/I-35 crossroads of America?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Looks like they have reached the top. Top out time...

3. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

i count 9 floors, they're starting 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Bump

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    i count 9 floors, they're starting 10th.
    Two floor to go--starting on the 10th.

Those concrete pads you see surrounding the waterpark building are probably staging spots for them to form and pour the walls. Looks like they are about to pour additional spots on the south side.

i wonder what this development will do to old paris flea market... i could see a scenario where the property value increases enough that it is purchased for redevelopment. i could also see (and perhaps less likely) that okana could bring additional foot traffic to old paris and breathe some new life into it.

^
    If you drive by Old Paris on Saturday or Sunday its always packed. Not sure how much more additional foot traffic it can take, lol. Granted its the only traditional & largest flea market in the metro. Very popular amongst the Hispanic and Latino population. Now, the parking lot is full of vendors. 10 years ago it wasn't like that, everything was inside for the most part.

Yeah, every single weekend all year round, Old Paris is PACKED. I honestly hope it doesn't get pushed out. It's a great place to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Yeah, every single weekend all year round, Old Paris is PACKED. I honestly hope it doesn't get pushed out. It's a great place to check out.
    When I take those drone photos of OKANA, it's almost always on the weekend and most times the Old Paris lot is completely full, which is saying something because it is massive.

huh... around 3 months ago, i went for the first time in a very long time and it didn't seem super busy to me. it's entirely possible that i went there too early to get a real sense of it. i might have caught it on a bad day, but it just seemed to be 'on fumes' looking at the number and quality of vendors and at the foot traffic. of course, i'm judging it based on what i remember from the 80's and early 90's so that might not be a reasonable comparison.

i kind of hope that it stays as well, even if it evolves with the times and clientele. i grew up going to flea markets and swap meets with my dad most saturday mornings. for me, those memories are fonder than those of hanging out and watching saturday morning cartoons.

Wow, it didn't hit me how the hotel will be so prominently visible from the interstate until it got to this point. Withe the pedestrian bridge and the I35 Oklahoma River bridge rebuild, this will be very impressive visually by foot, bike, or vehicle.

I still think they will regret going so short on the hotel. This will be very popular, and they will sell out all the time, IMO. Hopefully they have expansion plans for a couple years in.

Thank you for the shots, Pete!

They have tons of room for more hotels.

That huge area to the west side of the museum as well as all the land on the east side of Eastern.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I still think they will regret going so short on the hotel. This will be very popular, and they will sell out all the time, IMO. Hopefully they have expansion plans for a couple years in.

Thank you for the shots, Pete!
    Echo a thank you to Pete for his diligence he has provided us with pics on the progress of the OKANA development. Hope you're in better health.

My third time is a charm; has the hotel portion TOPPED OUT... Those of you with good eye sight, tell me this is so.

Man, the OKC skyline looks oh so good in the background, a true skyline-gasm. Foresee a twin 11 story tower rather than more stories added in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have tons of room for more hotels.

That huge area to the west side of the museum as well as all the land on the east side of Eastern.
    And having multiple hotels is usually ideal anyway, because it gives people options and variety.

Its just fascinating to see this location take on this transformation considering it was all but abandoned not that long ago! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Its just fascinating to see this location take on this transformation considering it was all but abandoned not that long ago! Amazing!
    My dad worked in trucking and construction and he worked on parts of the main structure of FAM until construction was halted. When it stopped he went back into trucking full-time. He passed away towards the end of 2012.

20. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Echo a thank you to Pete for his diligence he has provided us with pics on the progress of the OKANA development. Hope you're in better health.

My third time is a charm; has the hotel portion TOPPED OUT... Those of you with good eye sight, tell me this is so.

Man, the OKC skyline looks oh so good in the background, a true skyline-gasm. Foresee a twin 11 story tower rather than more stories added in the future.

it's 10 floors completed in the pic, one more to go (or two if they're doing a mechanical penthouse). ...

This is the stadium Kansas City is building for its pro women's soccer team. A similar design and placement on the river in OKC for the MAPS 4 Stadium would be very impressive use of that space near Okana. especially if there's a way to orient the skyline in the background. https://kccurrentstadium.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0w5iVJacAA0uSv.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	18148

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    This is the stadium Kansas City is building for its pro women's soccer team. A similar design and placement on the river in OKC for the MAPS 4 Stadium would be very impressive use of that space near Okana. especially if there's a way to orient the skyline in the background. https://kccurrentstadium.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0w5iVJacAA0uSv.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	18148
    I hope they add awnings to the stadium design

Blog Entries

Cool Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Is this the 11,500 seat stadium (Budget $117 million) for women's soccer to serve the NWSL

This NWSL stadium is being built in Kansas City, Missouri, whereas the MLS soccer stadium is on the Kansas side of the border.

Blog Entries

Probably more of a reason to put the MAPS 4 Multipurpose Stadium on or near the river.

BTW I passed by the OKANA hotel portion of the resort today (July 17). It has topped out at 11 stories. Skeletal frame can be seen crossing I-40/I-35 junction into MWC from OKC. The FAM and OKANA area looks impressive.

Returning home I drove Eastern Avenue north from S.E. 29th Street to get a better view. The red dirt mixture reflects the construction progress.

OKC IMO can attract more events without Energy FC's 17 home games as an anchor tenant. Again, a 20,000 capacity venue opens the door for more events or a new anchor USL tenant,

Prodigal LLC needs to move on and get out of the way of progress.

25. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

the pic has 10 completed floors, 1 under construction.

Thread Information