Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Truck Yard

Bricktown3 Truck Yard

Texas-based Truck Yard planned for Bricktown

A large bar, live music venue and food truck park is being planned for an empty lot along the Bricktown canal.

The Truck Yard is a popular 'adult playground' in the Lower Greenville area of Dallas. They also have locations in Houston and The Colony, Texas.

It consists of a large indoor/outdoor beer garden, live music venue and food truck park.

The Dallas location has at least three rotating food trucks every day and live music multiple times a week. They also showcase custom trucks and operate from 11 AM to midnight every day.

Truck Yard is family- and dog-friendly but transitions to 21+ after 9 PM.

The location in Oklahoma City would be next to the Oklahoma Land Run Monument, which features 45 oversized bronze sculptures at the south end of the Bricktown Canal. The location is just south of Bass Pro Shops and adjacent to a large parking lot to the east.

Plans show the intent to start work in June of next year and open the following spring.

Default Re: Truck Yard

This is a very big deal.

The Truck Yard is very popular and always busy in Dallas and we all know that the south end of the canal is mostly dead.

That will all change once this place opens. Huge get for OKC and the canal.

https://truckyarddallas.com/

This is such a massive win for Bricktown and the Canal. If you've ever been to the Truck Yard in Dallas, you know how huge this is. Unbelievable and such a great way to activate that dead part of the canal. Side benefit is showcasing the Landrun Monument which is kind of hidden down there. Though the number of people who attempt to mount the statues is about to increase exponentially lol.

Side Note: Pete's probably going to get some fun FB comments to add to the collection for this one.

WOW. This place kicks a** I am very excited. Agreed this is a very big deal.

The sticks in the mud are out in force on Facebook.

This is such a big deal! I loved going to the TY on lower Greenville ave in Dallas I think the BT location is brilliant! So excited for this!

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Oh yeah. I'll admit my initial thought was that this felt a bit weird, like putting a massive bar in the middle of a greenspace/park and bringing a ton of noise/cars to an otherwise quiet area, but upon further thought it will probably be nice to activate that part of the canal a bit more as it is very underutilized. Seems like the people who are familiar with TY in Texas are excited, and it's the folks who don't know it who aren't. Between this and the pending development in the SW part of Bricktown (along with the fix-up of the former Tapwerks building) there could be a lot of more life coming to the area in the next few years.

Also, this is not only the turnaround for the canal boats, it's also the transition where you can jump on the Oklahoma River Cruisers.

This is going to bring a bunch of people to the monument (which is amazing and way over-looked), the canal boats and the river cruise... And the Boathouse District is a short walk under the bridge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    let me guess... where will we park for free when there are ball games etc and these parking lots are already full

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    let me guess... where will we park for free when there are ball games etc and these parking lots are already full
    Nah, worrying about detracting from the Land Run monument (I honestly didn't know it existed which shows it isn't super talked about). This will bring new recognition to the monument, liek Pete said.

Blog Entries

I'm just glad to see canal-front development and no new parking

Why do you need to park for free? You are going to a ball game, pay like most people do in real towns! This is a good addition for OKC and you are worried about free parking. Guess I don't have to wonder why it's taken so long to develop Bricktown.

Well this was a pleasant surprise. I did not even know that was a lot there to be developed. Crazy that it hasn't had something with traction before. That sea of parking on the E side of Bricktown has always felt so desolate and cold. This will be a nice spark.

That's a huge parking lot, why don't they take a piece out and develop this venue in that? I feel bad for the monument when the junk cars (from this venue) are placed just several feet away.

Interesting. I would not have guessed that was a lot that was available for development.

They want to be on the canal and the canal -- especially that section -- desperately needs life.

My first thought was "awesome" but when I saw where exactly it was I will admit I kind of lamented the loss of a quiet walking area around the Land Run Monument. I've been known to take a chill walk around the path from time to time. But I think the positive overall will outweigh any potential negatives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coop2773 View Post
    Why do you need to park for free? You are going to a ball game, pay like most people do in real towns! This is a good addition for OKC and you are worried about free parking. Guess I don't have to wonder why it's taken so long to develop Bricktown.
    I hope you're kidding and recognized that I was making fun of that crowd because I promise I'm one of the most anti-parking people on this board.

This will be really good for Bricktown! Need some more stuff to do down there

At Bass Pro, like everyone else... lol

I engaged with someone on Facebook yesterday who was asking where everyone was going to park. I said, "Probably by the massive parking lot right next to it..."

^

*massive almost complete unused parking lot.

I hope you're kidding and recognized that I was making fun of that crowd because I promise I'm one of the most anti-parking people on this board.
    I wasn't kidding, but easily could've misunderstood your comment. For that I apologize. I get fired up quick about people here who don't want OKC to be better! Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

*massive almost complete unused parking lot.
    Exactly. There are about three days a year (not during a pandemic) that lot gets filled up, NYE, July 4th and maybe one other day when the Dodgers and Thunder are playing a home game on the same day.

Excellent news. BT lacks of nice patios, and totally lack of nice patios open to 21 and under. It will be perfect to take the kids for a stroll and stop for a beer !

Thread Information