Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Truck Yard

Default Re: Truck Yard

So weird to complain about that particular parking lot of all places. It's been there for ages, it's parking for the Land Run Monument, it's parking for the Bricktown and the canal if you are there to walk up and down it, it's overflow parking for Bass Pro, it's even parking for the Boathouses if you don't mind a short walk, and it's completely out of the way and out of sight of Reno or any other major local road.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    That parking lot has been there for 20 years hasn't it...?
    Good to know, but it's actually more odd that there's this parking lot to nowhere that's been around there for 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Good to know, but it's actually more odd that there's this parking lot to nowhere that's been around there for 25 years.
    It gets used more than you think.

During the Regatta Festival or other large events on Boathouse Row, I've parked there and then walked through the tunnel to the river. On a busy Bricktown weekend, it's full.

I purposely take most of my drone photos on Sunday mornings precisely because there aren't a lot of cars around, plus there is little traffic which is why I can consistently provide updates across a large geography.

Way back in the day this was employee parking for Lower Bricktown and a shuttle was run to take employees (although I think anyone could hop on it) over to the theatre, Toby Keith's, Earl's, etc.

Just think about how much that parking lot, The TruckYard and that entire are will POP! when they build the soccer stadium. I mean, I'm not wrong that's where it's going am I? To the west of The Climbing Silos?

Quote Originally Posted by irishtate View Post
    Just think about how much that parking lot, The TruckYard and that entire are will POP! when they build the soccer stadium. I mean, I'm not wrong that's where it's going am I? To the west of The Climbing Silos?
    That is the location being discussed, yes. At the moment there's not a particularly great pedestrian connection between the Land Run Monument/Truck Yard area and the space to the west, but I could see that changing once development starts over there.

Came across the post about this on Facebook. The “where are we supposed to park?” comments never get old.

9. Default Re: Truck Yard

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Came across the post about this on Facebook. The “where are we supposed to park?” comments never get old.
    It shouldn’t bother me as much as it does lol. People dreading having to walk further than they’d like long before it’s even open or know what the parking situation is.

10. Default Re: Truck Yard

They’ve gotten lots done in the past few weeks! Exciting!!

11. Default Re: Truck Yard

Some New Renderings
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8098.jpeg 
Views:	308 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	18697 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8099.jpeg 
Views:	273 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	18698 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8100.jpeg 
Views:	260 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	18699

12. Default Re: Truck Yard

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Some New Renderings
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8098.jpeg 
Views:	308 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	18697 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8099.jpeg 
Views:	273 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	18698 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8100.jpeg 
Views:	260 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	18699
    Looks great! This'll be a huge hit.

Thanks for the new renderings! Looks good, I think they will regret and have to rectify the lack of shade as that seems to be the biggest hindrance to outdoor places in OKC.

14. Default Re: Truck Yard

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Thanks for the new renderings! Looks good, I think they will regret and have to rectify the lack of shade as that seems to be the biggest hindrance to outdoor places in OKC.
    The plans show three separate shade spots and it looks like they included some trees. The patio space is a huge area that is mainly shaded. At least that is what they did in Dallas. I have a feeling it will be similar to the way Bleu Garten was set up with tons of seating under a shaded structure. If they did it in Dallas and it succeeded, it will be just fine in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    The plans show three separate shade spots and it looks like they included some trees. The patio space is a huge area that is mainly shaded. At least that is what they did in Dallas. I have a feeling it will be similar to the way Bleu Garten was set up with tons of seating under a shaded structure. If they did it in Dallas and it succeeded, it will be just fine in OKC.
    Yeah, thought earlier renderings had more shade.
    I have been to both Dallas area locations and it seemed like a large portion was programmed with 2 story porches and shade awnings so was surprised to see everything ground level with blue sky above in the renderings- just imagined sitting there baking in August haha.
    I am sure they know what they're doing though and will make adjustments if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    They’ve gotten lots done in the past few weeks! Exciting!!
    This will be fantastic for OKC's food scene, especially if they knock it out of the park with the food truck rotation.

18. Default Re: Truck Yard

the city actually looks to becoming quite dense from those pics, Not even including Boardwalk yet.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    the city actually looks to becoming quite dense from those pics, Not even including Boardwalk yet.
    Totally different from the recent WSJ article. I’ve lived here 20 years and never happened to see DT from that angle. WSJ did us dirty with those images.

20. Default Re: Truck Yard

I wsa referring to Pete's pics. I totally agree with you re the WSJ; they just want to continue the narrative - photographer/author likely didn't bother coming to OKC.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information