Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Truck Yard

Default Re: Truck Yard

There was just a filing to split off this property, so hopefully we'll see building permit applications soon.

Truck Yard has filed a design-review document that mainly deals with signage:

Drove by the location Sunday and still nothing.

Just last week, there was an OCURA agenda item to transfer ownership of the underlying property to Truck Yard.

This project is still moving forward and I suspect construction will be starting soon.

Awesome! Bricktown and downtown were busy Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Awesome! Bricktown and downtown were busy Sunday afternoon.
    Very true. I was downtown to see a show at the Civic Center. When I left traffic was really bad. There were lanes blocked off in some areas with police directing traffic. There had to be something more than just normal happenings.

Building permits have been filed and work is set to start on a bar, live music venue and food truck park along the Bricktown canal.

The Truck Yard is a popular 'adult playground' in the Lower Greenville area of Dallas. They also have locations in Houston and The Colony, Texas.

It consists of a large indoor/outdoor beer garden, live music venue and food truck park.

The Dallas location has at least three rotating food trucks every day and live music multiple times a week. They also showcase custom trucks and operate 11 AM to midnight every day.

Truck Yard is family- and dog-friendly but becomes 21+ after 9 PM.

The location in Oklahoma City will be next to the Oklahoma Land Run Monument, which features 45 oversized bronze sculptures at the south end of the Bricktown Canal. The location is just south of Bass Pro Shops and already has a large parking lot to the east.

Interesting the marque in the sign drawing says that the band playing is Cross Canadian Ragweed. CCR broke up in 2010 and as far as I know have no plans of reuniting.

Looks like a cool spot and will definitely give it a chance but afraid its location is just going to attract more Bricktown knuckleheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    Looks like a cool spot and will definitely give it a chance but afraid its location is just going to attract more Bricktown knuckleheads.
    Yeah, I can see a bunch of drunk idiots all over the statuary, roaming around, etc. - they might want to hire twice as much security as they think they need.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yeah, I can see a bunch of drunk idiots all over the statuary, roaming around, etc. - they might want to hire twice as much security as they think they need.
    They need to wire about 20 volts to them and that will keep the knuckleheads off......... j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    They need to wire about 20 volts to them and that will keep the knuckleheads off......... j/k
    Honestly, that was my first thought, lol! BZZZZT, you lose.....

The social media comments on this drive me nuts. "What about parking?" when it is right next to one of the most underused parking lots in all of BT. "Why are they putting it there? It dirties up that nice walking area of the canal?" It's like people don't understand the concept of progress and probably haven't been down to that area of the canal in a decade...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    The social media comments on this drive me nuts. "What about parking?" when it is right next to one of the most underused parking lots in all of BT. "Why are they putting it there? It dirties up that nice walking area of the canal?" It's like people don't understand the concept of progress and probably haven't been down to that area of the canal in a decade...
    I weep for this country when I read the comments on anything we post.

It's like people are sitting around with all this anger just waiting for any excuse to vent it and complain endlessly.

Don't look at it and overall don't try to participate on Social media comments, you ll become crazy trying to explain simple things to people turning everything negatively.

Myself, I am very excited about this project. More patios and life on the canal which is underexploited.

^^^+1000%

This particular area is very dead.

Controversy about the Land Run monument aside, it's really cool and Truck Yard will bring a ton more visitors to enjoy it.

Comments like these are my favorite. These commenters must think more people utilizing walking trails and parks is a bad thing. A good deal of money has been spent on these public improvements, why would we not want to leverage those for development and create an environment for more people using these improvements?

Guess they haven't heard they are going to loose the big U-Haul lot in the next year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Guess they haven't heard they are going to loose the big U-Haul lot in the next year or two.
    Oh, I bet a lot of these are the same people who commented when Pete broke the story about the U-haul lot, even including the language of "underground parking" with "WHERE ARE WE GOING TO PARK!!!!!"

Oh, I bet a lot of these are the same people who commented when Pete broke the story about the U-haul lot, even including the language of "underground parking" with "WHERE ARE WE GOING TO PARK!!!!!"
    Yup. And I'm sure most of the folks complaining rarely go to Bricktown. I know multiple people folks who maybe get down there every couple of years, and they always park in the same places (either the Uhaul lot or the South Bass Pro Lot). They're not regulars in the areas and they're not used to having to work to find parking and such. They like the easy to get spots and expected they'd always be like that.

Years ago when the plaza district popularity was just starting to pick up (think of when the mule and empire originally opened) Kristen Vails was the Executive Director of plaza district. She mapped out the area from the western most parking lot (next to the lyric academy) to The Mule and I was equal to the distance from halfway in the parking lot north of Macy’s into the mall. Now, people have no problem walking to and into the mall, why is this such as issue? The answer was simply that most Oklahomans are lazy and want to park right in front of where they want to go and walk right in.

Years ago when the plaza district popularity was just starting to pick up (think of when the mule and empire originally opened) Kristen Vails was the Executive Director of plaza district. She mapped out the area from the western most parking lot (next to the lyric academy) to The Mule and I was equal to the distance from halfway in the parking lot north of Macy’s into the mall. Now, people have no problem walking to and into the mall, why is this such as issue? The answer was simply that most Oklahomans are lazy and want to park right in front of where they want to go and walk right in.
    I think it is more that they were unaccustomed to going to places were parking was sparse. Some are lazy, yes. I just think the Plaza District type of area was new to them, and they have adjusted.

I noticed tonight that they had the survey markers staked out around the perimeter. Even if it's a one single step along the path of construction, still exciting to see things progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenHurricane22 View Post
    I noticed tonight that they had the survey markers staked out around the perimeter. Even if it's a one single step along the path of construction, still exciting to see things progressing.
    They just file for their construction trailer, so they will be starting very soon.

Thread Information