Widgets Magazine

Thread: Get Air Trampoline Park

Large Chain Get Air Trampoline Park

Get Air is in the process of converting the old General Cinemas movie theater near Quail Springs Mall into a trampoline park.

Get Air has 70 locations across the country, including one in Norman.

https://getairsports.com/

Default Re: Get Air Trampoline Park

Was curious if they are doing any work to improve or change the exterior?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Was curious if they are doing any work to improve or change the exterior?
    Based on reviewing their plans, I don't think so.

I don't think I ever knew that there was a old, detached movie theater at Quail Springs. Does anyone have the dates it was closed and when the AMC opened?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I don't think I ever knew that there was a old, detached movie theater at Quail Springs. Does anyone have the dates it was closed and when the AMC opened?
    I believe it got built shortly after Quail Springs itself, I know that I went to movies there back in the mid-late 80s. Not sure when it closed and AMC went into the mall (AMC used to have a theater at Penn/Memorial, used to eat at The Black-Eyed Pea and see a movie there, they were pretty much next door to each other).

I believe it opened in the early '80s.

It was the saddest movie theater I have ever experienced. Just tilt-up concrete walls and incredibly bare-bones lobby with 6 theaters which were equally bare.

This site says it operated from 1982-1999: https://docplayer.net/64819472-Oklah...drive-ins.html

There was also an AMC theater at Memorial and Penn where Red Robin is now located. Same site says 1985-1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe it opened in the early '80s.

It was the saddest movie theater I have ever experienced. Just tilt-up concrete walls and incredibly bare-bones lobby and theaters....
    Surely not sadder than what North Park turned into when it went budget?

^

I have soft spot for Northpark because it was very popular in the '70s when I was in high school. Saw a bunch of movies there, including Star Wars and Saturday Night Fever. It was a big date place for quite a while.

There were several restaurants in the mall at the time and you could queue inside, as opposed to standing in the heat/cold/rain at the concrete bunker that was General Cinema, which was built new to horribly low standards.

^

I have soft spot for Northpark because it was very popular in the '70s when I was in high school. Saw a bunch of movies there, including Star Wars and Saturday Night Fever. It was a big date place for quite a while.

There were several restaurants in the mall at the time and you could queue inside, as opposed to standing in the heat/cold/rain at the concrete bunker that was General Cinema, which was built new to horribly low standards.
    Well, yeah, I'll give you the standing-inside part, but when they carved up the big theater at Northpark, it just killed me. Saw Empire Strikes Back, Reds (on a school trip) and many other movies in the big theater.

10. Default Re: Get Air Trampoline Park

Why didn't they have trampoline parks when I could do that kind of stuff?

11. Default Re: Get Air Trampoline Park

^

Same here. When I was a student at Oklahoma Christian in the late 90s, Northpark was a great spot for a cheap date.

It was the theater I went for my first date think we were 7th and 8th graders. It was an okay theater at the time, AMC, was good on the other side of the mall, but both of them were toast whenever they moved the AMC inside the mall

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    It was the theater I went for my first date think we were 7th and 8th graders. It was an okay theater at the time, AMC, was good on the other side of the mall, but both of them were toast whenever they moved the AMC inside the mall
    Yeah, the AMC on the east side of the mall was definitely the better of the two. Neither lasted long after the AMC inside Quail Springs Mall opened in December 1998. As a teenager, I worked there for a couple of years.

Thread Information