Widgets Magazine

Thread: DashMart

Midtown DashMart

DashMart coming to central OKC

San Francisco-based DoorDash is planning Oklahoma's first DashMart in the Midtown district.

The delivery-only facility will stock approximately 3,500 items including “convenience, grocery, and restaurant items, from ice cream and chips, to cough medicine and dog food, to spice rubs and packaged desserts from the local restaurants you love on DoorDash” according to a press release on the new concept. Common household essentials will also be offered.

DashMart will provide a new distribution channel for local restaurants and businesses while also stocking items from chain stores such as 7-Eleven, Walgreens and CVS.

The Oklahoma City location – one of the first in the country for DashMart – will be located at 415 NW 7th, providing short delivery distances to the downtown area and central OKC.

Items can be ordered online through the DashMart website or smartphone app.

DoorDash promises delivery in 30 minutes or less.

Default Re: DashMart

This sort of retail is one of many reasons why a downtown grocery store is becoming less important.

So this is a centralized distribution center for DoorDash? A customer won't actually enter, right?

Blog Entries

It will be two blocks from me. Would probably be faster for me to walk there than for them to deliver (presuming a delivery person has to get there, get the item, then bring it to me)

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    It will be two blocks from me. Would probably be faster for me to walk there than for them to deliver (presuming a delivery person has to get there, get the item, then bring it to me)
    "In America, never leave your house." — Ronny Chieng

The beginning of his Netflix comedy on Amazon, delivery, and convenience is so very good.

Blog Entries

Their forward positioning of product at local distribution points is an attempt, based on trends, to have it nearby before you want it...

Looking at the website, it appears you should be able to pick-up items vs. having to use delivery

https://www.doordash.com/business/dashmart-331358/

Blog Entries

oh good, thanks, hadn't looked into it yet

Hopefully they will have alcohol!

I saw job openings for order pullers. So orders will be ready for pick-up or delivery.

Work has started:

Blog Entries

Wish I had taken a photo before they put the paper up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tpg4635 View Post
    Looking at the website, it appears you should be able to pick-up items vs. having to use delivery

https://www.doordash.com/business/dashmart-331358/

This is now open, but if you look at the sign in this post, I don't think you can pick up there, not open to general public...
    https://twitter.com/OKCNightCourt/st...29611896111104

This is now open, but if you look at the sign in this post, I don't think you can pick up there, not open to general public...
    https://twitter.com/OKCNightCourt/st...29611896111104
    If you go to Doordash.com and then Dashmart and choose the pickup option, it allows you to go by this location and avoid delivery fees.

I'm sure the sign is just to stop people from stopping in without an order.

The offer a ton of items; helps fill the downtown grocery/pharmacy void.

Hope this is like the New York delis / bodegas. They would deliver anything at any hour: a few beers, feminine products, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you go to Doordash.com and then Dashmart and choose the pickup option, it allows you to go by this location and avoid delivery fees.

I'm sure the sign is just to stop people from stopping in without an order.

The offer a ton of items; helps fill the downtown grocery/pharmacy void.
    Cool, I will check it out as a test case

Blog Entries

I used the Dashmart today. Was a good/quick experience. I was away for the weekend and missed my usual shopping run and needed a few things to get going with the week so I ordered online last night for pickup and walked the two and a quarter blocks to get my stuff this morning. Worth it for a few things. They don't stock a ton, but there are things there that aren't even at Homeland so will def use it periodically.

^

Awesome. Thanks for the report.

I used the Dashmart today. Was a good/quick experience. I was away for the weekend and missed my usual shopping run and needed a few things to get going with the week so I ordered online last night for pickup and walked the two and a quarter blocks to get my stuff this morning. Worth it for a few things. They don't stock a ton, but there are things there that aren't even at Homeland so will def use it periodically.
    Howd the pick up work? You get buzzed in the door and is there a lobby where someone brings you your order?

Blog Entries

The front door was open, there's a little white room inside and a couple of windows. The person behind the window hands you your order.

It looks like another is coming in Edmond near 178th and Santa Fe next to Wow sushi?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    It looks like another is coming in Edmond near 178th and Santa Fe next to Wow sushi?
    That’s a decent spot, although it’s not exactly where I would locate it.

Thread Information