Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    it looks like the quick trip has exits onto north moore avenue. one could turn right on that and then make a left onto shields to quickly access southbound i-35. i hope no semi's try that route, though, as it would be fairly tricky to cross traffic there with a trailer.
    I think they are currently adding a traffic signal there. Might be in preparation for the Quiktrip opening which would for sure bring more traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's interesting that QT has been paved with a mixture of asphalt and concrete.

Maybe the swaths of asphalt allow easier future access to the underground tanks?
    They did the same at the Henryetta location but none of the ones in Tulsa are mixed. They are usually all concrete.

2. Default Re: QuikTrip

QT used Pete's picture on their twitter meme. Nice

https://x.com/QuikTrip/status/1752356934286455287?s=20

They are planning to open in Moore on Feb 15th.

Looks like the used concrete where the majority of the parking will occur and the cheaper asphalt elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Looks like the used concrete where the majority of the parking will occur and the cheaper asphalt elsewhere.
    The part around the pumps may be more due to flammability/liability mitigation, concrete is not going to do much if a small fire starts over it, but if a small fire gets started on top of asphalt it could get ignited. Though it also makes sense that the heavier used parking spots near the store get a more durable material than the ones that are either overflow or staff.

They are still planning on opening this Thursday 2/15.

I wonder if OKC talk is gonna Post a news article regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    I wonder if OKC talk is gonna Post a news article regarding this.
    Two days before the Oklahoman does, I'm guessing.

We already reported on them opening today on 1/30 and again a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We already reported on them opening today on 1/30 and again a few days ago.
    I think they were speculating about a post on the "News" section in the front page. Might be perception that a post listed there is news and a post in the forums is more, like, commentary than a "report".

So anybody been down there to check it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    i can't even imagine...

I'm guessing there is a line a mile long...only in oklahoma lol

I drove past this afternoon and it was hoppin

The long night HAS ENDED!!!

Just drove past and it wasn’t super busy…granted this was at 10:30 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    First time QT experience. I was very impressed. I did notice that all gasoline grades are up to 10% ethanol. I did not see any 100% pure gasoline. The drink containers start at $1.19 with styrofoam cups costing more than the clear, recyclable plastic cups. Being a travel center, I was surprised to see tools and automotive accessories for sale. Restrooms are separated at complete opposite ends of the store.

17. Default Re: QuikTrip

I went for my first trip to the Moore store hoping that it would replace the other stations I go by taking my kids to school. Well what a disappointment that was. It was a full 20 cents more per gallon for E-10 than the small local Alon shop on Broadway or the 7-11 and Casey's on Eastern. We'll see what happens once the Express opens, but there's no way i'm going to just hand over that much more per gallon when I dont even go inside the thing. Frankly, they're going to have to do better than that.

They do have Regular and E-10 at the pumps. One is Red and one is Black.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I went for my first trip to the Moore store hoping that it would replace the other stations I go by taking my kids to school. Well what a disappointment that was. It was a full 20 cents more per gallon for E-10 than the small local Alon shop on Broadway or the 7-11 and Casey's on Eastern. We'll see what happens once the Express opens, but there's no way i'm going to just hand over that much more per gallon when I dont even go inside the thing. Frankly, they're going to have to do better than that.

They do have Regular and E-10 at the pumps. One is Red and one is Black.
    I chuckled because those are 3 places I wouldn't ever trust to get gas for my vehicles. Maybe I'm in the minority, but when it comes to getting gas I actually don't mind paying more for better fuel and a better overall experience while visiting the store.

I left wholly unimpressed when I went last week. The beverage areas were dirty. Liquid all over the floor. The restroom was worse. The floor around the urinal areas were completely wet. I'm not a stranger to QuikTrip, but this experience is why I've avoided them as of late whenever I'm in Tulsa or DFW. Cleanliness, or the lack thereof, seems to be an issue, especially when compared to other options.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieinGeorgia View Post
    I chuckled because those are 3 places I wouldn't ever trust to get gas for my vehicles. Maybe I'm in the minority, but when it comes to getting gas I actually don't mind paying more for better fuel and a better overall experience while visiting the store.
    This. And Casey’s usually gets to enjoy your credit card well after you’ve left.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    This. And Casey’s usually gets to enjoy your credit card well after you’ve left.
    Definitely always use Apple Pay at Casey’s.

Visited a few times since it opened. The layout is weird, I don't like how they have the checkout in the middle of the whole station, makes it hard to tell who is in line or just browsing. Drink options are ok. Was really not impressed with the pizza, Casey's pizza is better. Really isn't better than Love's truck stops off the highway. The hype will die down, and it will just another gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    I left wholly unimpressed when I went last week. The beverage areas were dirty. Liquid all over the floor. The restroom was worse. The floor around the urinal areas were completely wet. I'm not a stranger to QuikTrip, but this experience is why I've avoided them as of late whenever I'm in Tulsa or DFW. Cleanliness, or the lack thereof, seems to be an issue, especially when compared to other options.
    YES! We use to exclusively use QT's when we traveled through QT Markets (DFW, Wichita, Tulsa, KC, Joplin, Des Moines, etc) and the cleanliness has gone down considerably in recent years. Not sure what changed with their model, but they use to be extremely clean and organized. Now when we travel we almost exclusively go to Love's, while their stores vary in offerings and age, their restrooms, which tend to be the #1 reason for stopping, have been very clean.

Locally, OnCue has done an amazing job in maintaining their restrooms and overall store cleanliness. As mentioned in previous post the current QT Gen 3 stores, like the one in Moore, have a very inefficient layout and odd placement of doors, point of sale, and overall guest flow, which seems to go against the core of what they use to pride themselves on with efficiency and cleanliness.

I haven't been, so pardon my ignorance, but is the QT not great or are we so spoiled with Oncue at this point?

So, the QT that opened just about a year ago near our home here in SE Georgia was similar when it first opened. I was disappointed in the way it was being run and maintained. But, they have seemed to "get their legs" now and it's being run much better now. I think when it's a location that isn't near several others to pull experienced employees from it takes them some time to get all trained up. That's at least my perception of it. Hopefully the Moore location will firm up and once they start adding more to the metro you would think it would help with the overall operation.

Thread Information